Are smaller jobs more profitable?

man the reply function is messed up. Doesn’t quote the correct post.

from experience, it actually makes it easier. Since he cleans the outside first, he’s got his nose to the glass inside and can see the drips. I just open the window and wipe it.

As if I start with the inside, I can’t correct anything.

2 Likes

I agree.

When I work alone I always start inside first then do the outside this way the homeowner can leave if they want to. The likelihood of redoing anything, drips etc. Gets less with experience.

Just a matter of preference, really isn’t a big deal either way

There is a charge for of that extra work.

Solo I can do around $800 a day comfortably.

With a helper, the first $200-300 job is usually done before I finish my coffee.

It all depends on the market as well.

1 Like

What depends on the market? How much you charge for big and small jobs?

1 Like

i think you need to find your focus -what is it you really enjoy doing-and then do that and ignore/turn away the rest. like most window cleaners i took on everything to fill my days but eventually found it frazzled me out and my workers were hating some commercial jobs . it took me a long time to realize you have to drop some really well paying[but gut busting] jobs and some nice customers[course they were nice,nobody else would do that shit] to find your own inner peace . And its still ok to have 1 or 2 of the jobs-you-loved-to hate in the diary,[but not 15 or 20] if only for nostalgia reasons .
im at the 9yr mark and the focus here is on the small homes here everytime

4 Likes

Hey your car is parked on the wrong side of the street there buddy

4 Likes

What part of the country / world you are in.

Window cleaners in the UK charge $10 a house. Someone in a rural area of the US probably won’t be able to charge what we get here in NJ, just outside of NYC, or any other major Metropolis.

2 Likes

Holy crap! How’s that even possible??

By pricing like a boss

1 Like

I honestly don’t believe i could ever achieve that solo. Not even close.

Full day job?

2 Likes

You can do it. I have a quarterly coming up, $797 after discount, 7-8 hrs, with short fuel break.

5 Likes

You’ll eat those words in a year’s time. :laughing:

With average residential pricing (assume $8 per window, $2 per screen and $2 per track) an experienced tech should be grossing about $70-80 an hour on the job with trad tools.

Filling a solid 8-hour day with work, utilizing time-savers like a WFP and/or screen washing machine, and pricing higher than average a solo guy can hit $800 a day or more.

5 Likes

If i do, they will be quite the delicious meal.

5 Likes

Its only 50 - 60 windows, in and out.

10 windows an hour, at the very least

4 Likes

That’s the key , “quarterly” once the initial cleaning has been done , and they become repeats you just zoom thru windows fast

2 Likes

To put it into perspective:

$1200 a day was par for a crew of 2. Even then , it was usually only a 6-7 hour day.

2 Likes