Becoming a window cleaner at 16

Use Only Dawn , it’s good

3 Likes

ok, what do you do if the windows have film on the inside?

1 Like

Same process , just don’t add ammonia to your solution and Don’t use a razor blade

4 Likes

ok thanks for help. going to discuss with my customer tmarrow for the price. should i price per pane or how dirty and work i put into it?

1 Like

Per pane is probably best , Make sure you count the window panes . you can take pictures and post here and we’ll try and help .

3 Likes

Ok, i will not post pictures bc its my neighbors house.

1 Like

I will post something when i complete it later next week

1 Like

2 Likes

going to get the rest tm

1 Like

That’s what I use…the 3x Dawn is my favorite…been using it for a long time

1 Like

How am i going to get arround? I basically have no money and going to have to barrow some to do it. No one will drive me arround to get to work

Got a bike? Got a friend with a bike?

3 Likes

You can lead a horse to water…

6 Likes

yes, i have a bike. but how am i going to cary a bucket around and an extender

1 Like

also wont some time the police will stop me for my business license?

1 Like

Just gonna have to mute this thread now.

1 Like

Why?

1. get to work, there’s plenty of bucket bob’s in my hood that do just fine. doing exteriors of restaurants and shops for $10 outside.

2. save and invest your income (if you do, your much smarter than I was at 16)

3. talk to every other window cleaner you see, trading work is a staple among trades.

4. word of mouth is the best advertising. treat your customers right and they’ll refer you.

get to it, don’t get discouraged, figure it out, we all had to…

good luck, cheers…

2 Likes

Nope, I think it’s safe to say you’re being paranoid. No offense. Cops don’t care if you have a business license. And even if they did, they would need probable cause to stop you (traffic infraction, no reflectors on your bike, etc.). Just follow the rules of the road and be a courteous rider.

But most people are honestly going to be impressed when they see a young guy out there pedaling around his cleaning equipment, trying to make an honest buck.

@Pure_Water_Window_Cl posted some sweet pics of his bike trailer. I would try and do something like that for your equipment.

As far as your concern that people will look down on you for your age: I had a very young looking face when I started canvassing for window cleaning (both storefronts and residential). I still look young for my age. I believe it has only added to my success. The way you carry yourself goes a long way.

4 Likes

Thanks for help. Im going to get some hooks and put up flyers arround grayslake il. And i will hand out my card to store fronts. Also im going to get hooks for my bike to cary arround my extender and bucket.

1 Like