Bucket Placement

Thought I’d share this obvious scenario concerning bucket placement, 3 positions

First one BIG NONO

Second do able

Third safest of all

Honestly how many times have we accidentally stepped into or even tripped over our on buckets because of poor bucket placement choices?
Guilty as charged …
Take a minute to think before you go up, it could make a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Better yes. Use squirt bottles. No buckets to trip over or spill.

… Yes to bucket safety, I don’t even put mine within 5 feet of my ladder. What about that cloth the ladder is on though?
Seems like a real slip hazard to me even though it is on carpet.

Drop colth was good to go no issues anti slip .

Keep my bucket outside the front door when it’s warm, inside when it’s cold.

I seem to remember this one tripping me up once. My foot pivoted forward just a little as I got to the bottom rung, and gave the bucket a good tip ‘n’ splash when I hit the rim.

I like my handheld pump sprayers for interior work :slight_smile:

Doesnt matter where i put it. I could put it on the hood of my truck and I would still trip over it

actually, picture #1 makes for a very funny practical joke you can play on your co-workers. just make sure you do it outdoors.

i’ve had many good laughs over that one, the other guy having to work all day with the ol’ Wet Foot.

Ooh I’m going to try that on Danny sometime. Haha. Buy seriously um get this

And put a sports bottle in it with solution. You will never drip on an interior again. And you only use the exact amount you need. Never to wet or too dry. Always just right.

See, there’s hole in yo game on that one. Dipping in a bucket serves more than one purpose. Not only does it re-wet your mop, but it also give it a chance to drop all the filth it’s collected back into solution. And wringing it out solves the dripping problem.

I get the bottle method if you are on maintenance cleans- quarterly jobs or route work where stuff just isn’t that dirty. But it doesn’t hold up on jobs where you’re dealing with accumulated dirt/cobwebs/bug guts from months between cleanings. Imagine washing multiple loads of dishes with the same dish rag, never rinsing it out. Same principle. Your mop will get saturated with dirt and every application will get nastier as you go, without the occasional total dunk in solution.

That why I’m a proponent of having a full bucket nearby. I think a combo method of spray bottle or squirt bottle and full bucket is probably the most efficient method.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

I have one, it’s awesome… I have a few of the pop top bottles from the WCR store and they work great

Hey Rob why does it have to be so close to the ladder. Whatever your doing up there one dip should do it. No?

A hole in my game huh? Nice illustration BTW that whole dishes with same dirty rag pretty slick. :). I’m going to touch on all your valid points.
1… "Not only does it re-wet your mop, but it also give it a chance to drop all the filth it’s collected back into solution. "

Response-On exterior a bucket is absolutely fine. And on a hot sunny day no one can argue the efficiency of GETTING IT WET. However very rarely do I have to actually change my mop when doing interiors. Seems how most of the "dirt/cobwebs/bug guts " are exterior.

2…"Imagine washing multiple loads of dishes with the same dish rag, never rinsing it out. Same principle. Your mop will get saturated with dirt and every application will get nastier as you go, without the occasional total dunk in solution. "

Response- never said I didn’t use buckets on exterior. Because we do. When inside a bucket is a potential hazard. And it seems like you have a pretty safe way of handling that. But the bottle on interior of a house is no mess at all, Always with you, And if you absolutely need to rinse your mop because it’s “SO NASTY INSIDE” (I thought Detroit was below your pay grade Caleb). Then you can either step out to the porch and rinse in bucket, or and here’s a huge inconvenience. …drumroll …change your mop sleeve after finishing a really nasty exterior.

I’m trying to get this to the war room…:slight_smile:

^^^^^^ Nice you!! And ya don’t need much water on the insides anyway. Unless yur cleaning mansions.

Caleb cleans mansions. … But bottle works there to. Sometimes I just have to refill my bottle a few times. Not a big deal.

[MENTION=13761]ThruGlass[/MENTION]
fine. i’ll try it your way with the flippin’ bottle. you make valid points.

i’ll report back with my findings.

I leave my bucket outside by door I go in and of, but I am curious of this bottle method

It doesn’t necessarily have to be that close I just put it there to take the picture, obviously you should move it a little ways from the rung of the bottom step.

It was just the concept of where to put it …
This is what I was cleaning and yes they were extremely dirty on the insides

Heading back this morning to tackle skylights

Have 3 sets, hopefully the other two are not as bad (hard to clean) as the first one that’s in the pic I took yesterday

Before you say it, owners installing new roof in another week - no roof clean for me here

I’m betting you don’t make the switch.
Because you are right on, with your argument.

Thruglass is speaking more of a “get it clean for the next job” (changing covers.)
You (and I) are thinking more along the lines of “accumulation on the current job.”