Citizens:31,833 WCRA members:672

Citizens:31,833 WCRA members:672
What’s up with that? even with the $99 specials? Step up Citizens! if you haven’t recieved $99 worth of value from all the free stuff the WCR offers then you are not looking very hard.

Most of those people arent active in the forum.
[MENTION=1]Chris[/MENTION] does the forum stats tell you how many people have been active this year?

Window cleaners are cheap. If it were me I would want to reach 1000 members and then stop at that

That’s an interesting thought. If [MENTION=1]Chris[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4]Alex[/MENTION] capped membership at 1k, I think the WCRA would regain some of it’s exclusivity it had when starting out. People would be waiting in line for old members to leave, and old members would be clinging to their spots. $349 for a new membership would be appealing again.

just a thought…

What this tells me
1.there 31,833 windows cleaners in the world who are serious enough to seek info
2. there are only 672 who are serious enough to actually do something about it
and give back to the organization who provides the info

I doubt that those 31,833 are all window cleaners. Also, I’m sure a large number of them just cruised on by looking for something else and then moved on. And, I’m sure calling those who haven’t joined out, doesn’t help. Instead, tell them why to join. Or, how it’s helped you.

good point

I agree with you that they are not all window cleaners but at the same time you don’t sign up if you don’t have some degree of stock into window cleaning.

What else can Chris do to promote the membership? I think Chris has done a good job helping them see the benefits by promoting it here on the site and allowing them to hear the good advise on the forum (much of it at no cost)

IMO the question is, how can you get them to figuratively touch the savings through the membership? I have literally hounded people to join but they see it as an expense and not an investment.

Either give them a taste to want more or just feed those who are loyal customers/members.

maybe members should be using the private forum more often
just a thought

Lol didn’t we just have a while post on this

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

How is posting things that others can’t read going to bring in new members? I don’t see that as incentive. Maybe its just me.

Sent from my EVO using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

this is true i stand corrected

This is an interesting thread… Its hard to define a real active period because… people come and go, and take a break then come back… then get busy with life and then come back again.

Looking over the stats I can see people that log in once a month, people that log in 10 times a day and other that have been coming here from the beginning and only read…

The biggest segment of people is the readers… 90% of the people just look and never register an account.

In 2014 my big project is the WCRA & PWRA

Now that our supply business has matured and is semi self reliant, I will be spending most of my time on WCRA & PWRA related stuff.

We just launched brand new PWRA forum -

We are about a week away from a really awesome new WCRA members site. Its really cool, it displays everything available to members in a really slick useable way. Its made me realize how much cool stuff we actually have thats just kinda gotten buried and lost over the years.

Basically what it comes down to is if your not a member, I guarantee your losing money. If you just use 1 or 2 of the benefits (that you are already using anyway) you will make more money.

From the new site thats just about done, here is some rough copy and an overview of stuff that is available to members:

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]WCRA Over View[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Think of the WCRA as the back bone of your Window Cleaning business. Your are giving all the support materials and training you need to efficiently run your business. The materials are broken down in to 4 core disciplines found with in all businesses. Regardless of the phase of your business you happen to be in, the WCRA has something for you.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Direct Mail[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Creating professional direct mail pieces can be tricky and time consuming. We provide you with over 100 different direct mail templates to choose from in both standard mail and EDDM sizes. Every aspect of the cards can be changed. Upload your own logo, put in your phone number and pricing, you can even change the colors and text. Creating a fresh look for your business has never been easier.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Other Marketing Material[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Aside from the hundreds of direct mail pieces available to members, you also get access to a huge library of other materials. Door hangers, fliers, email templates, business cards, display advertisements and more.New materials are added frequently. Have an idea for a design? Let us know we will help you get it created.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Customer Interaction Pieces[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]You also get access to a variety of customer interaction pieces that are easily customizable to your business. Thank you cards, up sell request forms and review our service request forms. Help give your business a streamlined look for all “customer interactions"[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Forum[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Join other like minded Window Cleaning Business Owners on the private forum. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]The exchange of information on the private members only part of the forum is so valuable, I cannot put a price on it. Bottom line, if you are serious about window cleaning as a business, then you owe it to yourself to do it.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]-Phil Hinkle

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Webinars[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Enjoy monthly private webinars from industry experts. Watch and participate in them live, or catch up on them later. Over 50 training webinars are now available in the private members section. New webinars are added monthly.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Calibri]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Systems[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]The hidden gem of the WCRA. Window cleaning business owners struggle with the lengthly process of documenting and maintaining business systems. As a member you have access to and the ability to download the actual business systems from a multi million dollar window cleaning business. Use these in your business or just as model to make your own.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Forms[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]All the forms and documents you need to run and grow your window cleaning business. All fully editable and customizable. Waivers, sign off forms, interview questions, applications, auto pay forms, agreements and more! New forms and documents are added monthly.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Contracts, and Proposal Packets[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Have a big bid coming up? Use one of our custom proposal packets, tailored to exactly the type of job you are bidding on. Don’t see one that fits your needs? Let us know and we will make one for you.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]I love the WCRA proposal packets, they make my life so much easier. The first one I used helped we win a $30,000 contract.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[LIST]
[*]Joseph Scinta
[/LIST]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Manuals[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Have you taken the time to write a lengthy and comprehensive company handbook and safety manual? Don’t worry your not alone, its a big task! Fortunately for you WCRA members have access to both. Download each of the 50 + page manuals, tailor it to fit your window cleaning business, or use it as is.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Supply Discounts[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]WCRA members get a permeant every day discount on window cleaning supplies. Enjoy preferential pricing on all the items you need to run your business. Rubber, squeegees, soaps, chemicals and water fed pole related items are always discounted for WCRA members.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]@ Cost Printing[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]One of our most popular benefits is at cost printing. Save up to 25 % off normal printing costs on all items. Our printing account prints over 5 million pieces a year, putting us in the maximum discount tier. We extend that discount directly to you. Shop around we challenge you to find a lower price.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Product Discounts[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Bulk discounts coordinated just for WCRA members. Discounts on gasoline, uniforms, signs, web design and other peripheral items you use everyday in your window cleaning business.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Software Discounts[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Discounts on all the hottest software for window cleaners. If you use it chances are there is a discount for it. Pro-Posal, ResponsiBid, Window Cleaning.com, Service Kick, Fleetlocate GPS tracking, the Customer Factor and more. Start saving today![/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Business Service Discounts[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Big discounts on the professional services you use everyday to run your business. Insurance, payroll, answering services, out bound call services and so much more.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Insurance Discount[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Finally a real group insurance discount for window cleaners. Our most popular benefit is 25% off window cleaners insurance, provided exclsuivley for the WCRA by Joseph D Walters agency.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Calibri]The insurance is my best benefit to date. I got a much more window cleaner oriented insurance policy, for way less than I expected![/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]-Matt Olmschenk [/FONT]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]RFP Service[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]As a member of the WCRA you get unlimited access to our RFP lead feed. An RFP is a Request For Proposal. When a government institution or a large commercial property needs to have work done, they put out an RFP. The WCRA subscribes to a RFP service and publishes all the requests for window cleaning work in the US and Canada, into the private members area of the website. keep your eye on that area for the really big job leads.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I sorta thought I had hit the wall the WCRA especially after selling my window cleaning business… BUT I realized recently we have just really scratched the surface of whats to come. I interact daily with the guy who bought my business, showing how we do this and how we do that. That specific action made me realize how much stuff is in my head and not actually documented for him. So I’m creating all this stuff for him to help run it, and that will just fit in perfectly with the WCRA.

Right now there are over 350 things you can download and do…

There is so much more coming.

Thats a good question Jared

All along I have felt like I really am not explaining what the WCRA is and what it does very well… I feel like I am getting closer though… hopefully a lot of that will be reflected in the new WCRA site that is almost here.

That would be pretty interesting to cap it at $1000, I never thought of that.

But I think we are going to hit 5,000 members… I have wrestled with the “exclusivity thing” over and over. Where I am at now is, I certainly appreciate and understand the memberships desire for exclusivity… BUT I think we can do the most good, and be the most beneficial for all members by letting it get as big as it can get.

What it comes down to is we are very limited to what we can do and release based upon membership dollar that come in.

more members = better materials, benefits and discounts.

I’ll play devils advocate and ask, if we are not even close to 1000 members now, what gives you confidence of 5k? I just don’t see it that ever happening.

Also, I think you can play of the inclusivity well if done right. By alowing certain memebers certain benefits for a price. Not she what that is but satisfying both sides has its benefits.

Interesting. That’s sort of how I look at the discounts now. There are a lot of software and service options at greatly discounted prices, which are essentially “benefits for a price”. Probably not what you were thinking, though :wink:

Nick Long’s direct mail group seems to be the closest thing so far…

There’s also WCRA lite… is that still around?