Commercial Account Procedure?

Hey guys I’m just curious as to what the typical scenario looks like when trying to land a commercial account? I’m new to this business but do own another service business.

In my area there seems to be no window cleaners as I never see them, there is not any on google, and most places that I go to around here have dirty windows.

With that being said, I think I could land some jobs pretty easily but I’m just not sure what is the best way to go about it?

I know a few of the owners in some of the places but most of them I have no clue who the owner is.

Here is the scenario/procedure I see in my head.

1. Introduce myself to whoever is working and ask to speak to a manager or owner.
  2. Tell the manager/owner that I own a local professional window cleaning company and I’ve noticed that their windows are dirty.
  3. Offer to clean them right now and give a price.
  4. Ask to put them on a schedule. (twice a month)?

What should the typical procedure be to land those accounts? Also, since there seems to be limited competition, should I charge more or just go for $2 a window inside/outside?

I’m more or less looking for advice for commercial work in strip malls, stores, restaurants. Every business in my area has dirty windows.

Window Cleaning is so simple but so complicated too.

There are so many variables and you didn’t mention residential so we will leave that one out. Commercial has so many types from new construction cleans, storefront, mid rise, high rise. Office buildings and hospitals change too with the knowledge of hospital infectious control procedures to security and patient privacy.

What is charged and who to approach really depends on type of accounts your after.

So what are you going after.

2 Likes

Sorry I forgot to mention. I’m more or less looking for advice for commercial work in strip malls, stores, restaurants. Every business in my area has dirty windows.

Don’t just go after dirty glass, go after ALL glass.

1 Like

Hey buddy I appreciate that thread you posted reading it now. Yea I do plan on going after all the business in my area. It’s just very noticeable that they don’t have any window cleaners. When I say every window is dirty, I mean filthy. Any business that has been there for more than 5 years looks like its never been cleaned once.

1 Like

im new too windows but own another business.
in my experience filthy or neglected usually equates to unconcerned and cheap clientele.

what “type” of commercial you’re looking at really does make a difference.

there’s certain neighborhoods in my area just wouldn’t call for any of our services

Its restaurants, local shops, gyms, grocery stores, ect… just typical shops and stuff. Strip malls, independent business and such.

i personally don’t generally offer same day services. We will on special occasions but with new clientele i don’t ever want to appear desperate for their business.

really you want them to feel special to get on your schedule. Then treat them very well with your services. you’ll need to determine what you need to turn a decent profit.

this shouldn’t be difficult to figure if you already have another venture

Your local storefronts are much easier to find out who is the person who oversees the services you are offering.

Another copies issue is as some as the task of the job are it does take ao.e time to be efficient and make the money people here talk about.

Storefronts have better profits too with the more locations you cans aquire in a close community. More time you can spend in the same area is obviously better for you as you build a route.

I wouldn’t necessarily call them cheap clientele I just don’t think there is anyone around selling them the job. I’m not quite sure why there aren’t many people with window cleaning business around here. There are TONS of lawn services though. The next city over does of course have FISH window cleaning if you do a google search. I have never seen them though.

Start by deciding which way your going to go from the sounds of it you are looking the storefront way, not commercial.
I was going to link a thread, but there were way too many to chose from, just search picking up store front accounts.

1 Like

ahh, sorry used the wrong wording. I will do a search on that again.

Failure to communicate. Now you got to spend a night in the box.

2 Likes