Customer Factor Down

Oh man, that literally made me laugh out loud.

'Nearly 100% of the time" doesn’t inspire much confidence. A verified, concrete number would go much further in helping your point, @HouseCallPro. Like, “Our systems have had an uptime of 99.7%, over the course of the last 28 months,” or something to that effect…

1 Like

Oh F^*K!

He said that!

1 Like

Ive been on board with TCF for 4 years and never seen this issue before either, so over 4 years thats nearly 100% up time too. (apparently it was caused by a quickbooks issue)

No cloud based system can provide a REAL 100% uptime with no issues.

Just like your own PC, it’s good practice (good business practice also) to back up regularly and have alternative methods of everything scheduling and invoicing wise - putting 100% trust in your cloud based system (whatever system you use) is commercial suicide - and no system will provide you with a 100% uptime guarantee (check the terms of service), or a guarantee you wont lose data with their service going down.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion! I will work on finding that data. Essentially, my point was that our system is very reliable. We run routine maintenance in the middle of the night to update our system when we add new features so that it is never at the inconvenience of our pros while they are at work.

By the way, we sync with QuickBooks, and none of our pros had any trouble accessing our system today!

I am happy to hear that you are happy with your system! I just wanted to let everyone know that we have a new feature where you can switch over all of your service history and customer information seamlessly if you have QuickBooks! Many pros find losing their history as a big reason not to make the switch to a more mobile-friendly and technologically advanced system.

It’s not a shameless plug when they pay money to help sponsor the very forum you use for free, just saying…

2 Likes

Burn

going into my 9th year with TCF… looked into House call pro… know a guy doing 7 figures that uses it… for what I pay for TCF and it for all it has to offer… It would take a lot for me to move to a new CRM

1 Like

I think I would rather pay to have my own program built for me than move to a new CRM to be honest…

Ditto. I couldn’t think of a single thing that TCF has that would lure me away from HCP. They push out new and innovative updates almost every week. The latest one allows us to send estimates with multiple options for the customer and the customer can accept or decline them by email. Not to mention the automatic postcard feature that sends thank you’s, reminders and anything else you want with the touch of a button. And of course all from a beautiful online interface that makes the CF look like a Windows 95 calendar. I totally agree, use what works for you but don’t harass paying sponsors for mentioning their product here.

3 Likes

Too bad the forum doesn’t have any moderators that prevent harassment of sponsors…

There is a time an a place for things though !! Just my 2 cents

This is a tread about the customer factor

3 Likes

you are NOT imune to problems, you may not have had them yet but there is no system OF ANY KIND that is absolutely failsafe.
your attempt to take advantage of a competitors hiccup is kind of classless in my humble opinion

2 Likes

the middle of the night for you is daytime for some customers in other countries.
glad you finally caught to most other crms in the area of qbo syncing.

i pay to use this forum

4 Likes

I dont use Customer factor for its looks… all about functionality

I think switching CRMs whether I was using either platform would suck. Having to retrain myself, employees, and just get use to doing something thats different. Not against HCP… I am just happy for whats working for me.

Sponsors gotta have some thick skin… just like I dont get mad when a customer complains about my prices over the insurance-less one man operations that I somewhat call competition.

2 Likes

I pay for both forums! WCRA and PWRA Member…

1 Like

I just got to throw this out there . Every program has pros and cons , but for me the customer service Steve has given me over the years I would not switch even if you paid me . He is the man !

2 Likes

and i’ve had qbo for less than a year and it’s been down twice that i know of.

ya and make sure that a thread by a user asking about a product he uses isn’t hijacked and turned into an ad for a different product

1 Like