Different Squeegee Rubber & Channel

The pictures look like they are very high quality. The questions are whether the actual product looks like the picture
and how much will it cost?

Tried the squeegee that holds 4 edge squeegee rubbers.
In a 22 inch Eureka channel which is similar shape to a Sorbo channel.
Feels good using on shop glass goes right up to the corners.
The rubber is soft.
It might be better to try different size channels.
This rubber also fits in Sorbo channels.

It looks like a very nice squeegee. The problem is that $40.59 is a lot of money.
I would have to watch it very carefully. It will not be competitive out here.

It looks like a very nice squeegee. The problem is that $40.59 is a lot of money.
I would have to watch it very carefully. It will not be competitive out here.

Yes they may seem expensive but what isn’t when they first come out.
It is like when WFP first started every thing to do with it was not cheap.

Think the main thing is to get people to except change.

The only way you are going to find out if something is any good is to try it.

Here is a short video of the Eureka Quad Pro 22 inch channel with orbital like handle that I attached to it.

[SIZE=“5”]4 SIDED SQUEEGEE RUBBER IN QUAD PRO CHANNEL[/SIZE]

//youtu.be/UMryLI_1Z3I

If the rubber is good and is easily available, it seems like a good thing.
If the rubber costs twice as much, there won’t be much advantage to it.

If the rubber is good and is easily available, it seems like a good thing.

If the rubber costs twice as much, there won’t be much advantage to it.

Compared to the other squeegee rubbers that we buy here this is the cheapest.

As most of the other brands of squeegee rubbers have to import them in
Which makes them a little dearer.

If you check the price list for the other brands you will see what I mean.

But like anything if it takes off bigger volume it drops in price.

Volume comes from demand. If the rubber sells out here for a much better price
then the 2 sided rubber, I don’t see how it cannot sell. Who wants to pay more for
rubber just for the fun of it? If I see competitive quality rubber much cheaper, I buy it.
It is that simple. I wish I was marketing their product if it is what it could be.

What do you currently spend for rubber yearly, Merv?

My replacement rubber costs dropped sharply two years ago after my pure water system purchase.

I have used rubber continuously for many years. The price keeps going up endlessly. Now the price for a
dozen is in the 20’s. A small box of rubber is expensive. If someone comes up with 4 edges for not much
more cost than 2; I am buying it and I think every sensible window cleaner would do the same.

Here is the email address of the manufacturer of the 4 edge Squeegee rubber.

They may be looking for a Distributor in the U.S.A.

[email protected]

Performance is the key. I’ve wasted so much time on crap rubber, I’d rather pay more for a decent rubber. 3* & highway rubber should never, never have seen the light of day.

If they cannot produce a quality performance rubber, they might as well forget it. No one wants crummy rubber.

i might be wrong but i think the main difference between good and bad rubber is the precision cut of the leading edge .

jonnyald
i might be wrong but i think the main difference between good and bad rubber is the precision cut of the leading edge .

Jonnyald good point, here is a quote I found on how it is made.

Unique centre rib design of ‘Aussie Edge’ enables all 4 edges to be used, for twice the life of conventional rubbers.
All Baron replacement squeegee rubbers are made with high quality rubber, and are moulded & slit, not extruded- as all top-quality rubbers should be.

At the moment as far as I know that it only fit two types of squeegee channels that is the two that I have mentioned.

The only other way to find out if it is anygood try it.

Maybe there might be some aussies out there that use this squeegee rubber if there are, a little input would be nice.

[SIZE=“5”]Just Found this you can buy the squeegee rubber and channels in Canada:[/SIZE] WINDOW CLEANING SUPPLIES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, PRODUCTS

Had first bought 22inch channels with the 4 edge squeegee rubber to see how they work out.
It’s been about 2 months now and this is how it went.

First had to adapt the channel to fit the squeegee handle which was done.

Found that the rubber was about medium.

The end clips on ether end did hold the squeegee rubber but found that after awhile they broke where they folded.
So took them off then used zip tie to hold the squeegee rubber in as per the thread related to that subject.

Found that if you buy a say 36 inch quad channel which will come with the two end clips on can be taken off leaving you with 34 ½ inches of channel.

Then you can cut to what ever size you are comfortable with.
In regards to the 4 edge rubber same thing get 36 inch rubber cut to size.

Also when browsing in the bigger hardware store found the very same quad channel on a squeegee they were selling.

So maybe they may be at your hardware store.

The only thing is that it has standard squeegee rubber in it.
So if you see a channel that looks similar to this one take note of the yellow strip that is on the squeegee channel.

Any way this is one that I will be using all the time.
It worked for me.

But the only way to know is to try it for your self.

So you are saying that this 4 edge rubber is a good product. In that case I wonder about 2 things:

1. Will the channel fit into all wide body handles?

2. Where can I get it in the U. S.?

This is a huge change…4 edges from the same rubber.

So you are saying that this 4 edge rubber is a good product. In that case I wonder about 2 things:

1. Will the channel fit into all wide body handles?

2. Where can I get it in the U. S.?

This is a huge change…4 edges from the same rubber.

Don’t know about the U.S but there is one in Canada check it out.

thewindowcleaningsource.com

Just a foot note here when received a packet of 10 x 4 edged squeegee rubbers on the packet read made in China!!?

So it would also appear that the channels and handles to suit are also made there.

Also the ones that were same channels seen at the hardware store were made there as well.

The whole 3 Star line is crap.

The US used to be number one for new ideas and products. Is China overtaking us now, even with squeegees?
Where are the American versions of this product? 4 edges on one rubber is better than 2. It isn’t too hard to
figure that out. Where are Unger and Ettore on this development? Why can’t we compete with China on a thing
that we have been number one on?