DIY Pump box/booster pump box

No I was making a joke… Your cup of coffee was sitting on top of your di filter.

sent from my samsung note 2 using the wrc app

sent from my samsung note 2 using the wrc app

Oh nice, haha. Yeah, it’s perfect for that, I put it to use often working!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

so i just ordered all this stuff. now i have to figure out how to wire it all up without exploding my fingers off. electrical is one thing i know almost nothing about…

Bump

How’s this working out for you guys who built it? Any suggestions for tweaking it?

Jesse
Atlas Window Cleaning
North Carolina

1 Like

Works great still, no leaks yet. I would use a slightly bigger box next time since the battery is a bit tight. Next upgrade will be a little vent or fan. Don’t know if I need it, after 8 hours it was warm but not hot (that’s with leaving the top just cracked open with the latch propping it up), but why not add it. Other than that I haven’t had the need to change anything. A digital speed control would be great, but I haven’t spent the money on it since the analog is cheap and still going strong. I also use it to flush my Wash-it from a bucket when my outside hose is frozen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Thanks for the response!

2 more questions:

1: I noticed solder in the parts list. Can I get away without soldering anything?

2: How do you think the pump will hold up if I use alcohol with my water in winter?

Jesse
Atlas Window Cleaning
North Carolina

You won’t need any solder, just crimp connectors. These pumps are made for crazy farm chemicals, I wouldn’t think alcohol would do any harm. You could always check with shurflo if they respond to emails.

Good to know, Thank you! I was thinking you have to solder to the speed control board or something. I’ll be building this SOON.

Jesse
Atlas Window Cleaning
North Carolina

if i did it again, i would use a really good hose for input and output. maybe 1/2" id kuri tek or something like that. the poly hose gets pretty stiff when it’s cold and makes it tougher to work with. i ended up adding 1/2" barbed garden hose adapters to the ends of both input and output. then yo u can just thread the quick connect fittings everyone uses and plumb it up however you want.

Thanks for the extra info. I’ll keep you posted on my build. I’m planning on getting started in a couple of weeks.

Jesse
Atlas Window Cleaning
North Carolina

Here’s 2 shots of mine if this helps.

Thanks for the list @Lavage de vitres Uniqu’eau . Ben what charge did you get for this battery

Been getting great results with this charger, you can leave it trickle charging. And the quick connect is awesome. I leave the included bolt-on cable right on the battery, with a hole cut in the lid so the smaller top cover can be opened exposing the quick connect cable without having to open the whole box and fish around for the cable.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LX3AXQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

looking at this setup has really helped me…Thanks!

Thanks Ben.

Those pictures really help. Thank you!

Jesse
Atlas Window Cleaning
North Carolina

Ok, one last request, I promise! Any chance of you posting a simple wiring diagram?

Jesse
Atlas Window Cleaning
North Carolina

Lavage, you said in your video that you were unsure how it would hold up using it as a booster pump. Does it still seem to be doing well in that capacity?

Jesse
Atlas Window Cleaning
North Carolina

2 Likes