Do you care about your employees

Just for the record: I’ve [U][B]never[/B][/U] fucked anyone for hours.

I busted my ass to become better than anyone around me, to get where I am.

If your co-workers are doing what it sounds like they are doing…
They are not only screwing their boss, but they are screwing you.

Because while you have integrity, and are (actually doing your job) working…
these pieces of shit are dragging you down to their level.

You got a problem with the way you are treated? Speak up.
Don’t just sit there with your dupe co-workers.

Set yourself far away from their bullshit.
My employees are everything to me… without them I get [B]nothing[/B] done.

I bet yours feels the same.

• he’s probably sitting right now wondering [B]what is possibly going wrong[/B].

And you guys are playing cute little ‘fuck you, we’re not going to work’ games. :rolleyes:

Fer real dude

That there sounds like an adult talking. It’s also what my dad taught me.

I have owned a business with employees before. I completely understand both sides of the coin. The problem at my job is rooted much deeper than ripping the boss off. A lot of the guys use to bust ass and some still do. And some of them still do. It has more to do with management ignoring the employees. And a manager with no field experience coming to a job ant telling the guy with 20 yes experience how to do his job. And other stuff. But we are getting off topic
those with employees are you aware of company moral and what do you do to maintain it.

You say the manager with no field experience, tells you how to do your job…

He tells you how to wet down a window?
Does he correct you on how to snake?
Advise you on how to hold/move a ladder?

How does he tell you how to do your job?
(sorry, I’m slow sometimes, I’m not quite getting it)

I been black listed for speaking up. And I can’t just up and quit I have kids to feed. I do what I’m told and I work on my skills. I see fundamental problems I ask questions take mental notes. The job has showed me how to be an excellent windows cleaner and how not to run a business. All the negativity has started to affect me outside of work. So I will be going solo in a month or two

There are bosses that just don’t know and need to be told. Then there are bosses that are dbags. If you’ve spoken up and got trashed, then yeah, maybe it’s time to move on. But since you rely on this money, maybe find a way of working outside of your noncompete. Is there another town you can work in? Some sort of boundary where you can respect your current boss while trying to get your feet wet?

I don’t want to put to much info on here that can come back to me in a bad way. All I will say is you have to see what I’m talking about. I’m not some shitty employee complaining. One of my previous jobs was to track inefficiencies using iso 9001 practices. So that’s what I have been doing here to try and figure out what’s happening at this place. And it is mind blowing

Non compete say no stealing customers and employees or company info. That’s it. So I have some money save and my parents said they will help me with money if I need it. So I will just go solo full time I will be fine without will I get things going

You are licking your bawlz talking about your previous job, tracking inefficiencies in companies.
Then you cower behind a “non compete.”

Better yet, you mention opening your own company

• which is the [B]exact reason for[/B] (read: only legitimate defense of) having you [B]sign one.[/B]

But yet you publicly post that you are ok going against a non compete, and becoming his competition…

Give us examples of how this non experienced Mgr told you how do your jobs.
Please!

Talk whatever shit you want. The was supposed to be a temporary. But I ended up really liking window cleaning. I didn’t create the problems at my job they were already there. I don’t intend on violating my non compete. And using my skill set to my advantage is not a bad thing. So if you don’t like the fact that I don’t want make be someone’s employee for the rest of my life than that’s your problem

Ease up, J ;). He’s told us a couple times that the non compete isn’t your typical non compete, it only prohibits using proprietary information or making attempts at stealing known customers.

Or employees

Eh, I think if he’s tried to bring up the issues and the guy doesn’t care that his crew is screwing him, it’s time for the ship to leave the sinking rat.

I’ve got a non compete form but I doubt I’d be able to enforce it unless they were targeting my accounts.

But in this business, if your employees hate you, then you’ve just trained your competition…

It comes down to whether you value your people or are they just resources.

Sent from my Panasonic VCR. Please set the clock before responding.

This sounds like the spot I was in a few years back before going solo. It also inflates the negativity when you are capable of doing it yourself - whether that is now or just in potential to work and develop the skills. I hung on too long with the company and my life suffered from not taking the jump due to fear or whatever.

Yeah, I guess I need my leash yanked back sometimes. So thank you.:o

My point wasn’t so much about the non compete itself, but the fact he was willing to be open about (technically) not following it.

But acted a if it was a “double top secret” to reveal ONE example of how his manager told him how to do his job.

I mean, given the choice, which one would YOU be more discrete about?

• A legal document? (forget the semantics of it)
  • Job performance critique?

For the record, if he would have stated that the Mgr said he was squeegeeing wrong.

• I would have said “you are right, he’s a jerk.”

But if he would have said the Mgr was griping about, say cell phone usage in a customers house…

well. you see where I’m going.

A lot of people get all “don’t tell me how to do my job” and it’s not always justified.
(especially when it comes from people who admit purposely sitting around on a jobsite, and charging their boss for the hours)

I asked a very specific question and it was avoided.
Makes me wonder…

I don’t mess with my cell phone.
If my crew lead doesn’t want to call manager for more work nothing I can do about that.

Ex. I was given a wfp that bends like a wet noodle to clean tops of 5 story building while person on row below me has the pole I need. Guy below me with 10 yrs experience is moving faster than me. Manger starts talking shit. I tell him I need different pole. He say move faster. I move faster pole starts lifting off window because pole is to springy. Say I’m being sloppy so I told him lets see how fast you can go. He say if I do that then he don’t need me and can quit if I want. He continued to talk while hovering over me.

I didnt answer you cause you don’t like my answers. Also the point of this tread was not to bitch about my job. I want to know what others do to make sure moral is good. And how you show your employees you appreciate them other then providing them with a pay check.

Eric

Blah, blah, blah… Get back to work… Time is money…:). Do I make a good boss yet?

Today different crew lead. He likes to work hard. So I worked hard no sitting on job. I cleaned about 1000 panes today. Crew lead and other guy clean about 1000 panes. Like I said I follow crew lead directions.