Do you care about your employees

sitting on job is more like working really slow so crew lead does not have to deal with manager. not literally sitting around. since management is not my biggest fan. i try not to make crew leads mad so if the say work slow i work slow. i have defiantly compromised my work ethic working here
when i was crew lead in residential i would work at a good speed even if i would finish and leave work early(more time with kids) but needed more hours so i took a demotion from crew lead to window tech for more hours in commercial. but everyone is so bitter and it is making me bitter which is why i need to go solo. i need to save myself before i become half ass forever.

i’m sure we can arrange something. let me take it up with my security advisor…

[<iframe src=“//giphy.com/embed/mQozfAeylfOSc” width=“480” height=“269” frameBorder=“0” style=“max-width: 100%” class=“giphy-embed” webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>](<iframe src=“//giphy.com/embed/mQozfAeylfOSc” width=“480” height=“269” frameBorder=“0” style=“max-width: 100%” class=“giphy-embed” webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>)

Sorry to bring this up but I just can’t believe this thread went on without someone giving J some flak over this. I totally expected some kind of “not many of us are blessed with that kind of stamina” comment. :smirk:I’m not the kind of guy to quote or comment on something like this (example: I couldn’t even use the original wording without editing the f bomb):scream: but this was just too much to let fly by. :joy:

BobWasHere

Actually, I’m already at the TOP in my region. :cool:

Jab away man, it shows “we’re good.” :slight_smile:
I think you have my name and cell number, hit me up ‘whenever…’

“D-Town”

Now THAT"S a good one…

If you want people to work hard pay them by the job not by the hour. If your whole crew is hourly who is going to work hard?

Deal!

I can clean land/speed record time.
My last boss was actually bitching, because I moved too fast, Imagine that?!?
“He was an asshole”
Always complaining… something about " streaks, smudges, and drips blah blah…"

Thanks for hiring me… I’m gonna move real fast and make lot’s of money.
(oops, I meant make YOU lots of money)

What is the solution? One bleeds clock. Other produces bad quality.

There are positives and negatives both ways. If you pay hourly only and don’t have someone pushing for performance, you’ll go broke from people dragging like you’re seeing. They might be doing a good job, but they have no incentive to be fast. If you pay pure commission, people will push only for fastness and quality can suffer.

In general the commission works best.

I’m getting ready to start hiring again and I was thinking a lot about trying an hourly base but with “profit sharing” (ie commission). So they’ll always get a base rate ($9-10 / hr which is good in my area) but once a month I’ll cut a profit sharing check which can be up to 30% of the jobs (30% - hourly base = profit share). In this way, they’re guaranteed a base, but the profit share is dependent on their effectiveness (speed and quality) as well as their general attitude.

It’s like a bonus, but I don’t like that word. “Profit sharing” makes them have a stake in the company and as such there are requirements to get that check: uniform, attitude, no customer complaints, etc.

Eh, if that doesn’t work, we’ll go pure commission.

If the job isn’t done (customer is unhappy) then they have to go back and finish. They learn real quick to do a good job.

Some guys just get it. They have pride an work ethic. If your paying someone by the hour an there dogging it. Them either light a fire or get rid of them.

$400 Job at 30% commission is 120. 20 an hr is about the same thing. 20 - 25 an hour is good money, but you have to he good to get that.

I would never start anyone off there. I pay guys that, but they been cleansing windows longer than me.
They know how to use ladders. They know we’re to go next an what to do. Sometimes they tell me better ways to do things. These guys are happy with $20 -25 an hour no dogging at that pay of you do I’m saying something, or I just won’t use you again.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app.

If I’m paying you $20 an hour you better work right not hard just right.
An believe me I know what right is

The guy Sounds like a real dick. Just take the pole an break it over is head. Problem solved !

Now back to work !

[MENTION=12729]JaredAI[/MENTION] I like your idea. In my area the starting pay is between $10-13/hr. That’s what the top companies start you at. I was thinking if I can get job done @ 25% of job. but budget %30-35 of job. Give them 5% on top(profit sharing) And give the crew with best performance some kind of bonus.

Low baller!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Percentage - labor cost.

Give the best/right hand guy a percentage of the whole.
Minus his co-workers, and including his own time.

He works hard to keep the labor cost in his favor, (part of the percentage of the whole.)
While becoming the pace car for the slackers to keep time with.