Do you clean outside windows first or the inside first?

My tactics exactly. Early morning, start on the outsides. Then wash out kit. Change shoes and enter into the lovely air conditioned interior:cool:

Ever use shoe covers?

Yes but if my feet are particularly muddy its quicker to take off the boots and put on a pair of slippers that I carry with me for such occasions.

It depends. One thing I know is I like to clean out the sills where the window closes and wipe the window bottom. Most of the time the tracks are bad. If the window is closed you cannot get to this dirty area. I remove the screens go inside open and clean/flush with a sprayer (garden or trigger sprayer). Wipe dry and close. Technique works for my move outs and new construction Whatā€™s the point of cleaning the outside sill and open the window and there is the dirt trapped under the closed window. Unless they donā€™t want that then out or in first is up to you. I will probably do the outside because I can finish off the sill and once inside can do a quick touch up if I rinsed off the outside.
Hey, if hot do outside first so you can spend rest of day inside. Cold do inside first, might warm up later on. :slight_smile:

I always use shoe covers I always ask if the customer has a preference and if they donā€™t I will most likely start outside and then come in to the A/C after wards and cool off.

If Iā€™m alone cleaning double hung with a screen I start outside. That way when I go inside all I have to do is open the window, lock the screen back in and wipe the sill under the sacheā€¦ Boom window is 100% cleaned and back together.

Always Outsides first and then insides, so to double check the outsides whilst doing the insides. Unless customer wants it inside first so they can go out. However a lot of my regulars just ask me to lock up when im done and go soon as ive turned up.

Always carry spare boots, shirt and trousers should they need changing if sweaty, muddy etc and a quick spray of deodorant to freshen up - change in the back of the van.

Interesting. I do the outs first. I tried the insides on a job once but it was tough to tell if the glass was getting totally cleaned because the outsides were so dirty. Plus, the training DVD I watched said to do the outsides first because theyā€™re dirtierā€¦ Something like that. Good luck.

If I am solo and doing traditional washing I start on the inside. I learned this on this house. The homeowner insisted that I wash the outside first, and if he was satisfied with my work he would have me do the inside. I finished the outside and as I expected he hired me to do the inside. While doing the inside I noticed the outsides of a few windows were not up to par with my standards, some of which required me to re-rent and setup a 40ā€™ ladder on the side of a hill. Ever since then, I decided that I would rather do the final inspection on a ladder and find out that I needed to walk inside and go upstairs to correct a problem than find out from the inside and have to reset ladders to correct it.

If I am working with an employee, one is outside and one is inside. Usually outside is done with the WFP.

I GOTTA beat the heat so its outsides first,
slap on some shoe covers and chill in the a/c as i do the interiors second.
pax

Outside first then hit the inside Glass.

Cant remember the last time I did a house by myself. If I were using a wfp I would do the outs first. laddering up ins first. If there was a heat wave going on outs first no matter what.

It really depends on the job for me.
So I do as I see fit.

Heat does play into it, but my preference is insides first.
I have a dodgy leg therefore I try to minimize how much I walk, so I start off inside, take screen out, clean window then to next window take out screen and clean window and pick up my two screens and then off to next window. Once I have done the bedrooms I will leave that pile of screen by the front door and then off to the next floor or wing and repeat. I carry my cleaning solution on my belt in a bottle which saves me carrying a bucket from floor to floor and having to walk back to bucket, which works well with my dodgy leg. At the same time I will clean certain doors or windows outside that will not be affected my WFPing later on the outside as I have found Patio doors seem to spot pretty easy with WFP or there might be some windows on a deck that you canā€™t access from the outside, so I just clean them there and then. Cool thing is having done both ways, outside first or inside first, I just seem to have gotten more done when I come out from having finished the inside. I always carry my bootie covers in a pouch on my belt.

Inside first for two very important reasons.

Outs, beat the heat early & easier to see what needs detailing out & in when cleaning the inside second.

Use a bottle for solution. Then u always have clean solution for inside and out. Bucketsā€¦only good for exterior. I know a lot of guys only use buckets. Using a bottle is CLEAN!!!

I clean inside first then outside the window. Because windows are more dirty from outside then inside.

Heat does play into it, but my preference is insides first.
I have a dodgy leg therefore I try to minimize how much I walk, so I start off inside, take screen out, clean window then to next window take out screen and clean window and pick up my two screens and then off to next window. Once I have done the bedrooms I will leave that pile of screen by the front door and then off to the next floor or wing and repeat. I carry my cleaning solution on my belt in a bottle which saves me carrying a bucket from floor to floor and having to walk back to bucket, which works well with my dodgy leg. At the same time I will clean certain doors or windows outside that will not be affected my WFPing later on the outside as I have found Patio doors seem to spot pretty easy with WFP or there might be some windows on a deck that you canā€™t access from the outside, so I just clean them there and then. Cool thing is having done both ways, outside first or inside first, I just seem to have gotten more done when I come out from having finished the inside. I always carry my bootie covers in a pouch on my belt.