EBC Window Cleaning Soap

There are a few things I like about this soap. One my sea sp•nge did not foam up with suds, and the frames on my storefronts wiped up cleaner with the sponge than usual. The plastic decal lettering on the windows had less water clinging around the edges and was easier to detail or wipe clean. I won’t know for sure how long the glass will stay clean until I’ve done them and checked back once a month to see for sure but I think its going to perform well. The glass seems really clean and residue free. Carlos posted in another forum that windows do stay clean longer with their soap. I could say more.

When I try to do more advanced moves, like Polzn Bladz on YouTube, with Glass Gleam four there isn’t enough slip in the soap for me to do it. Regular fanning is not a problem but I can’t do the advanced moves unless I add some dish soap for additional glide. With EBC Glide mixed 1/2 oz to two gallons of water I’m fine.

Thank you for the feedback and observations so far.

Does that mean Mike that EBC has enough slip? Better than GG4? Still waiting for my sample to arrive…

If you’re a Dawn dish soap user you will absolutely hate EBC because it doesn’t even come close to the slip you get with Dawn. I’m a Glass Gleam guy and it has enough extra slip to keep me happy.

No Dawn here. I use GG4 only. Can’t wait to try it out.

It had more slip than the GG4, but not enough for me to fan as easily as I was hoping. I added a couple squirts of Ecover, same amount I use with GG4, and it worked amazing.

Shines great, cleans great, not a million suds… It’s a great soap, I just have a lot of GG4 left so buying anymore special soap isn’t on the to-buy list currently.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central, Mass
Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Me too Mike. My gg4 will last about a year.

I used my sample EBC for two days. I suppose that’s enough for testing it out. I’ll check those storefront windows out in about 4 weeks. On a side note the EBC did reasonably well on fingerprints, about as good as glass gleam with some ecover added.

PS: If you’re using Dawn on your storefront route expect ALL your weekly accounts to switch to once every two weeks. In the last seven years I have never had even one storefront customer stick with their weekly schedule. They ALWAYS switch. Glass Gleam 4 rocks. Perhaps EBC does as well. I’ll know for sure when I check back.

What’s best for the customer in regards to their windows staying clean longer may not be best for your business.

I liked this soap so much that I just bought a gallon. Seriously low suds to almost no suds, good slip and easy on my hands.

[MENTION=37218]EBC[/MENTION]

We have been receiving very good feedback on the first 2 rounds of samples we sent out. If you have been on the fence about giving it a try, don’t hesitate to ask us for a free sample on your next order. We made up another round of samples yesterday.

Just text 1-862-266-0677 - Hey WCR I just placed an order toss me in some of that EBC! - My name is X X

Today is also a great opportunity to just straight up order some as we have free shipping over $94 - a great time to order heavy liquids :wink:

EBC Window Cleaners Soap

I’ve been using my usual mix of glass gleam and ecover for the last two days. I think I like the EBC better. So if I wait to use up ALL my soap, one gallon, before I buy NEW soap I’ll have to go through about 250 buckets of water. At only 20 cents a bucket it seems like a lot of suffering to save a few nickels. Maybe I should make the move sooner rather than later. After all I’m in business to make money not save it.

I was just about to post on this thread… Went back this morning to the 2 weekly jobs I used the EBC on, the glass was still shining (similar to my GG4/Ecover results)

The glass shines and cleans up beautifully. The only thing I didn’t like about the EBC was the glide, doesn’t work well for me and once I add Ecover it does have more slip which rules.

For me I probably won’t make a switch, I love the GG4/Ecover mix.
I think everyone should give it a try, it’s a great soap. Especially if you’ve been using dawn or joy this will be a good time to try something new that shines like no dish soap I’ve ever used. Get on those free samples and try it yourself!

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Mike,

Thank you for the feedback. A quick question for you. If the SLIP was where you would like it to be, would this help you decide to use EBC on a more regular basis? I appreciate you looking at EBC Glides and certainly checking out the sample that was sent from WCR.

The slip was the only bad part about the soap. Once I added the Ecover, exactly what I do with GG4, it worked great.

It breaks up the gross finger prints on store glass perfect. My accounts every two weeks are still shining as if they were cleaned weekly. The soap works great.

You guys have a great soap, I think that it’s a true competitor for the GG4. No contest for anyone who uses strictly dish soap that’s for sure.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Thank you again sir for the input. It is valuable information that you have brought to the table. Slip seems to be the only “speed bump” that we have experienced during beta testing. Slip was a mixed review - some say it was great and then some said it was just okay. We are not satisfied with just okay.

Finessing a formula or blend is difficult at best and I say this with all confidence that we (GLIDE) will make every effort to improve on the small things that are noted from contractors to really try to finesse this blend to a level that will benefit all of you in the window cleaning industry.

Thank you again Mike for your input.

I believe Harv Berger at Glass Gleam was right when he said that adding slip will increase residue. I think EBC has enough slip to keep me happy, now. I also think adding dish soap to designer soaps is going to make them perform a little more like a dish soap, not a good thing. I’ll be switching back to my EBC sample on Friday for more testing.

Carlos: If EBC had more slip it would be better, but I don’t think you can do it without loosing something on the other end.

We knew this going in with the idea of introducing GLIDE. We adjusted the SLIP capability a couple times (in house) and even though we achieved the SLIP part…other parts of formula were totally blown out out of wack and the results were less than favorable. I have been passing all of WCR’s observations to my chemist that helped us derive this formula and he wants to try a few minor things in the formula…not the blend…to see if we can bump up the slip capability a little. Before that happens we want to see a few more reviews regarding interior restaurant/kitchen areas where grease splashes are more common on glass.

You have been a tremendous help Mike and I appreciate the feedback. We will continue to move forward with the current GLIDE as it is on the market today but will be working closely not only with our distributors but more importantly the window cleaning professional to find out where “adjustments” or “tweaks” can be made along the way to improve GLIDE. In this case, I think it is safe to say that the slip component warrants another peek from our plant.

All in all though I feel confident that EBC GLIDE is beginning to stand on it’s own…at least from the initial reports of contractors using and testing it. This in itself is a great boost for us and the Window Cleaning Industry.

Looking forward to using this soap. Hopefully GG will be replaced by it we shall see.