EBC Window Cleaning Soap

Steve I like it a lot. It’s got good glide. Great cleaning ability leaves the glad.real shiney, an has good hang time . What more can I say other than I tried a lot of soaps , an I will be switching to this new soap for now

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Since you can buy it by the quart now I think I’ll have to get one.

The sample might not have been enough, I had enough for 3 days of work. Time for a quart, that way I can use it more regularly since it did a good job that I was happy with.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

I think both. :frowning:

[MENTION=7269]Majestic66[/MENTION] I still add Ecover to the EBC…didn’t have enough slip for me when I tried it pitc

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

I use Ecover also. I think it had good enough slip. The cleaning power is awesome I do a lot of food service places, an it really cleans those finger prints off better than anything I used before .

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

^ agreed

I posted earlier in this thread or maybe it was another thread regarding some thoughts on the slip of EBC GLIDE and that we would look into seeing if any adjustments in the blend or formula could help improve it (slip).

Wanted to give you all an update that we may have been able to increase the slip a tad bit or at least from a lab standpoint we believe that some of the adjustments we made on GLIDE will afford more slip.

Chris/Alex - we are sending you a quart for a quick test of this for a side by side comparison with the current GLIDE. Thank you gentleman.

As a footnote, we at EBC appreciate the comments. Keep em coming window cleaning professionals.

I wonder when cleaning windows with gg3 and gg4 there is a haze on the glass in the sunlight left after squeegeeing on certain types of windows it seems only to be on like treated glass but does ebc prevent that I mean gg4 claims it prevents that so what are ya’ll doing different that would prevent this hazing? other than that gg4 is the best it even turns hard water soft according to the label. I would love to switch but its not worth it unless you can guarantee no hazing on any type of glass. And btw i work in the hot dessert so im used to cleaning fast and using lots of water in the sun and keeping a fresh rubber doesn’t help is just a weird haze that you can run your finger through and see lines after cleaning so i have to add dish soap which defeats purpose a little bit I’d like a chemical that requires no mixing is that what you guys have here?@EBC

I’ve been using it on and off for a month and I’d answer your question. “Ya…maybe.”

This week I did a lot of storefronts that I did a month ago with EBC. Compared to Glass Gleam windows they looked about the same as usual. So after one month the resoiling rate seems good.

Ordered a quart the other day,
Gonna give it another go and use it for a couple weeks instead of 3 days

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Just some helpful input. I have been looking for a good soap for a while, so your product really interests me. I got a sample from WCR on my last order and will be trying it out tomorrow (if I remember to take it with me lol).

The issue with the slip on window cleaning soaps, at least for me, is not when the squeegee is directly pushing or pulling the water but more as it relates to how much slip or wet stays on the squeegee when you are adjusting or turning your squeegee on the glass in between strokes or pulls on the glass. when you are pulling straight across the glass on a stroke there tends to be enough liquid under the squeegee to give it glide, even with Glass Gleam. It is when you finish the stroke and turn your squeegee to prepare for another stroke that you have more of your squeegee on dry glass, so the only liquid lubricating it is whatever small amount stays on the rubber when maneuvering in between strokes. I hope that makes sense. So it tends to be more an issue when you are fanning the glass as apposed to using strait strokes.

I say this in case it is not obvious or did not occur to you. I’m not sure how much window cleaning experience you have and I know things are way different in a lab than in the field. if you fan a window with dish soap and with Glass Gleam you will understand exactly what I am talking about. there is less glide with glass gleam even on straight strokes but it is still ok to use that way. It’s when you try to get fancy with fanning that glide becomes more of an issue. The rubber tends not to stay as wet or lubricated on turns. The same goes for other WC soaps I have tried that claim to have more glide. They have more glide on the straight strokes than Glass gleam but they still offer little or no more glide on the turns in comparison with Glass gleam. I think some manufacturers thought they were addressing the issue with more slip on strait pulls but not addressing the issue where it counts which is in the turns.

To be clear I use Glass gleam as an example because I think any window cleaner would tell you the same that as far as results on the glass after cleaning Glass Gleam hands down wins the prize. The shine and longevity of staying clean is unmatched. The other major benefit of GG is the drying time. It stays wet for a long time even in direct sun, which is a major issue for me and other guys in hot climates. Dish soap is the other comparison. I think most guys would agree that accept for suds the glide of dish soap is unmatched for cleaning windows. If dish soap had all the other benefits of GG while keeping the slip everyone would be using it. If you can make that miracle happen you are my hero (aside from Jesus).

I am wanting a good soap so bad I could not pass up adding some input. I hope it is helpful. If you already have that info then forgive me for the repetitive comments.

So EBC is going to add some more slip to the Glide soap. Does that mean more residue on the glass?

Thank you for the input.

1 Like

[MENTION=37218]EBC[/MENTION]

Got my quart in the other day, I’ve been using it all week… I really like everything about it, even with the slip “issues” I was having with the sample.

I have been playing around with how much I add to my bucket of water, I still add some Ecover to the mix but not nearly as much as I use with the GG4.

Great soap! I know I’ll be a repeat customer! Two thumbs up

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

The jury is still out on this Mike. Right now we are looking at some adjustments to see if it is necessary or even warranted.

The current GLIDE on the market today is performing with what we think are with exceptional results. If we can improve some areas to make it where additives are not needed (Ecover) then I feel it is worth the time and resources to explore. Any proposed modifications to GLIDE is not on a “fast track” to get to market. In other words we are looking at this but we are not making this a huge huge priority. I asked my chemist to evaluate this and get back to me a couple weeks ago. He sent me something to try but since I am not a window cleaning professional I will be forwarding this to Chris/Alex to peek at in the future. Ontop of all this our internet just got back up after being down for 3 days…I will be playing catch up mode for the foreseeable future.

As a footnote to the above statement, we are listening to both sides of the discussion as some cleaners say that do not need to add an additive to achieve additional glide. On the other had some say that a squirt of Ecover works nicely with EBC GLIDE…so from a manufacturing standpoint I need to evaluate which way makes sense for us as there are cost in all this to just change a blend.

Have a great day washers!

If Titan Industries has glass gleam 3 & 4 perhaps you’ll end up with Glide 1 & 2. I think it’s OK without the Ecover added but I have been trying it out with about 1/8th of an ounce of Ecover added to my 2 gallons of Glide solution in my bucket. Let’s see how long the windOws stay clean.

Mike,

Thank you sir for giving EBC GLIDE a second look. We appreciate the feedback and the comment. Let us know if we can be of any assistance!

There is always that possibility!

From our EBC FaceBook Page -

Jack Sedore out of Texas

“Real quick. Too hot and windy to BS today. The slip is awesome. Like TSP slick. Slicker than snail snot. And that is slick”

“…and another thing, tried on Unger Soft, Wagtail, and Ettore rubber . Hot windy and mid 90s both shaded and direct sun glass 10” 15" 18" and 22".

Pulled and bit of fan with 22, fan wag 10 and 15, fan pull 18". All worked cool. Like the wag again. The first thing you will notice is the glide when applying the solution with t-bar or wag pad. Immediately you feel the slickness. So with hot air/glass being able to be fast with little bleed and low film means… Well, if it works for me, that is an accomplishment.

Overlapping, enough slip to glide (bridge) over the dry glass area. syn-det blend very good. Also, if wiping on prior done glass, lets say to dust off or gunky fingerprint, you will notice cloth will glide over glass. Smooth. Not a rough feel. That means easily polished. Also means trail edge evaps quickly so must have a short chain syn-det molecule . Meaning thin film, evaps quicker because film is thin.So slick like TSP without the bleed.

Yes, dont let dry on glass but easily buffs out without the smear, advantage of short molecules maybe?"