Fell off a roof, ankles broken no window cleaning for 4 months... advice?

Man o man, that’s a real lack of common sense physics, unless the roof was about flat. I wonder if beer on a saturday afternoon was involved in that one. That is terrible to just think about or visualize, ow.

[QUOTE=bubbakowski;125305]

QUOTE]

I’d like to get this picture laminated on a piece of plastic and then attach it to the ladders as a permanent reminder. That’ll keep everybody alert.

Bubba Joe…

Oh man your leg looks like a leg from the bionic man ! I’m glad to see and hear your good attitude with your injury ! Keep you head above water Brother ! I’m sure your way of getting through this comes from all the people you helped as a Medic / paramedic during your service to our country and your fellow soldiers !

Seeing things about others injured or killed is more then likely helping your through this tough time ! I’m glad you have a square way of seeing things, relizing what others have gone through !

Say Bubba thanks for your service to our Country, and helping those who needed the help you were able to give. You didn’t stand by and do nothing, you put yourself out there to be a help to those who needed it !

Your Friend Praying for you… Dangerous

//youtu.be/cuTT7-o81p8

Wasnt a lader accident lol I walked right off the ledge. It was a tricky led though. I iwll post a pic if i go back.

Thanks Dang I appreciate it, im really starting to get focused now that the space between taking pain killers is widening. My minds getting a little more clear. Got big estimate on money which ill do from wheelchair, then commence cleaning on Tuesday supervise from wheelchair. Im looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Dude, ouch! Man I cringe thinking of the pain you must be in!!
I hope you keep that good outlook you have and keep hanging in there Bubba. We are all cheering for a speedy recovery :slight_smile:

Thanks Dang I appreciate it, im really starting to get focused now that the space between taking pain killers is widening. My minds getting a little more clear. Got big estimate on money which ill do from wheelchair, then commence cleaning on Tuesday supervise from wheelchair. Im looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Keepin this post on top…Send an update Joe

Mike
MWC

Things are going good, ive just been making a big list of people to call when im done. Been eating a lot of healthy stuff so my energy is good. I havent stopped taking the pain killers, but cut back significantly today. Ive been inside for the past 5 days and had my first bowel movement to today. IF you guys ever end up laid up like me make sure your tracking your bowel movements otherwise you will die like elvis, on the toilet messed up on opiates. There is a nerve called the Vagus nerve that is stimulated when you bear down. Combine that with the constipation opiates cause, shallow breathing and low heart rate… you will litterally poop yourself to death but, wont even dooper. Just suck it up take laxatives and when they dont work get yourself a good ol’ fashioned enema.

Tomorrow i’m going to get my wheelchair then drop by to do an estimate on a Luxury Real Estate sale. Gonna have my boys start on it tomorrow. It’s going to be interesting to see how everything comes out without my hands on everything. I think the quality will be really great beccause all i’ll be doing the whole time is supervising and nit picking :slight_smile:

My wife Jean has also taken it upon herself to help me out with scheduling workers. We’ve had a lot of people help us out by purchasing jewlery from her collection for mothers day. If you need to find an affordable gift for a woman in your life send me a pm and I’ll send you a link. I think we will be ok for money though. I had to cancel vacation though.

Thanks for caring guys this forum is one of my few outlets into “regular” Society. I am bed ridden and will be until i get a wheelchair, but stuff like this makes it enjoyable. Im out of the hospital but heres a picture from yesterday.

Hula is a Labradoodle service dog. She hopped up next to me and just kept me company. I actually help susan raise over $800 on fundraiser night with window cleaning certificates.

Anywho im doing great still… ankle still looks really gros with popped fracture blisters lol

Hello bubbakowski, I asked to get unbanned just so I could make this post:D

Same thing happened to me 11.5 years ago now, september 99. All the things your doctor told you I was told, won’t be able to run etc. I had one of those external fixators on my leg for 3 months, the pain was bearable when I was in the hospital but when I got out all I had was T3’s and they didn’t do the trick, it was incredibly painful. After 3 months, they took it off, they actually undrilled those screws from my tibia and foot with no pain killers at all. there was bone marrow coming out, I’m hoping this is a case of “Canadian Health Care” because I thought I was in Mexico. The only good part of that story is, once I got an normal cast it was instant pain relief though I still couldn’t put any weight at all on it.

I’m trying to figure out if your break was as bad as mine, my tibia split in half then broke again in the big part of that bone just above the foot, so there were 3 large pieces but I never had a fracture blister. I’m just hoping it’s not as serious as mine.

After 6 months, once all the casts were off, they wanted to do another operation. A fusion. They wanted to put screws up the bottom of my heal into the shin bone, it would grow together and there would be no joint at the ankle. They told me it was minimize pain but my foot would be completely immobile. I turned them down and to this day I live with minimal mobility, osteoarthritis (whatever it’s called).

Our Canadian system tried to do everything for me, I would give them work boots and shoes, they would cut the soles off and add a platform on one and a wedge on the other so my foot could pivot less painfully when I walk. They made me two leg braces, a heavy duty one and a lighter version and keep them in repair. But basically I can’t run or even walk long distances and if I’m on my feet for more then a few hours and then sit down, the ankle becomes extremely painful to walk on. It takes several minutes to work it out to where you can pretend to walk without a limp.

I hope your ankle isn’t as I describe mine but there is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel now…back when I broke it, my only option was fusion. They did knee replacements, and hip replacements only. Over the last few years they started have success with ankle replacements. I forget the stat, I think I read last year they were 85% successful (not great, hips and knees are in the 90’s). So that’s what I’ll be looking at I suppose, at least it’s free in Canada. ($55 grand in the states :confused:) If I had $55 grand and could get the operation next monday I’d do it in a heart beat. In Canada I’d probably have to wait till longer then it takes to get out of Afghanistan.

I don’t even know why I’m writing all this, it depresses me:cool:

Good luck I hope you have a good and successful recovery and when you’re walking around try not to bang your external fixator, LOL. That’s so shocking and painful.

Mike’s back!
So is there a happy ending? Your post ended abruptly!

I bet you thought I got banned again, right in the middle of my post, LOL!

Ha! I didn’t think of that, but that would be kinda funny, like Chris or whoever does the yank is monitoring you like Big Brother

I think it’s a Trimalleolar Fracture with separation of all ligaments. Basically my ankle pushed so hard up into ti fib that they cracked, and so did the connecting tissues. If the ligaments had not broken i would have been fine but, they got massacred.

Your crazy for only have t3’s, they have me on oxycontin and percocet. My EX FIX will be off within 3 weeks or so. After that the swelling will be down enough to do another surgery. Then after that I think I might have one more. The docs said its lined up really nice but who knows. It really hurts today and there was no chance of getting off the pain meds today. I look like crap right now, eyes all sunk in. But i did get a wheelchair, spent most the day out and about with my wife and managed to get an estimate in.

Bubba Joe…

You just starting out on a long road…But your on that road and not in a hole or a stainless steel box !

Right now just relax and accept the situation your in, keep a level head and don’t let things drag you down. Your going into days that are up and days that are down…What, you had a bowel movement today and that’s a good thing .

My brother won’t never have another bowel movement ! He died a month ago at 60 !

So Bubba keep an even keel your going to get through all this and your ankle will get to working again !

When your feeling up get out your paper work, start designing a new strategy and ways you want to do things.

When find yourself on a down day…just put everything aside and relax, read a book, write a book, just nap, call a friend and talk and let them boost you up !

It’s a long road but you need to work through things and all your ducks will fall in a row…I’ve been there and in a year you’ll back on track as you were before the accident !

Keep your head above the water and you’l make it to shore ! I’ve been thinking about and praying for you ! Things will work out !

Go to the pier in your off time and Phish from your motorized wheel chair !

Your Friend Dange

//youtu.be/evx7HJzM8nA

Your Free Falling dude just sit back and soak up the fact your alive and your here for your wife ! What a joy for her for you to be alive ! I’m sure she’s very happy to be able to still be with you !

It was you against gravity and you survived…

//youtu.be/z5sblV_DtdM

//youtu.be/s0Pw7vKtqpo

That’s Jaws baby… I’ve flown over that break before. Laird Hamilton is da man for pioneering the sport.

Got my first job in today, exactly 1 week from the day I broke my ankle. Things went surprisingly smoothly because I took time to plan everything out. I also spent time training them on all the systems. After that you just gotta let them get experience They finished up an hour earlier than I had though and I cleaned 3 bay windows from my chair. Kinda awkward but i’ll figure it out. Next job is Saturday/Sunday with 1 employee doing softwash exterior windows, then sunday with wifey cleaning and detailing interior windows :slight_smile:

what sort of lads/men do you have working for you Bubba? its great that they are stepping into the breech and doing the work, good to read that your wife is too .

Good to hear things are right on track Bubba…Yeah Surfing is one of the coolest sports on the planet ! Those 2 Videos are awesome and I knew you’d like them !

Dange

ones a college student the other is a buddy of mine. Fortunately I scored a big account right before I took my spill that required me to take out a workers comp policy. I was going to cancel it right after the job but, i kept using my buddy so i figured I would hang on to it. Sure enough it paid off in the end.

I need some more solid people though. One of them is leaving this weekend for a job in Kuwait. With the other being a student (but a damn good worker) Im at the whims of his schedule. My wife has been working her network also trying to find quality hires. Any advice?

Just keep working it and in time you’ll hook up with another good worker !
Try Craig’s list, Maybe you might know some fellow retired soldiers or soldiers
looking to work on the side !

Dave