Finally, a proper CF Trad Pole for Storefront Route

After 20 years in this business, I have never enjoyed using a pole this much. I don’t want to work with anything else now:

8’ Carbon Fibre Trad Pole

My wife and I have storefront route work full-time, and ever since I bought this pole, she loves it and won’t let me get my hands on it.

It is super versatile for anything under 2-stories (which is all of our route) and it looks really nice, especially compared to a wooden pole, or even the unger aluminum. It’s also very light, and rigid.

We found it works great when doing insides (very compact for tight spaces), and can reach surprisingly high when fully extended.

Amazing, one pole to rule my route.

2 Likes

Something about spending close 150 bucks on a trad pole that just doesn’t make sense.
I don’t know :man_shrugging:t2: I gues cause it can easily be left somewhere. Especially with my scatter brain.
When it comes to equipment an tools I spare no expense, but a 8’ trade pole that i usual pay 30 dollars, or so for that works fine is where I’m at. I would be to worried about losing it. So it’s a no for me. Just saying :joy:
I do like the concept though . I bought a 10’ WFP for 200 an don’t regret it.
5 years old now !

1 Like

Xero has a 12’ CF trad pole for $199 USD

https://windowcleaner.com/xero-trad-pole

Don’t understand this myself. I bought a 12’ Garelick for $36. If that’s too heavy for regular use then another occupation is in order. And at 36 bucks I can break or lose it and be fine. And I will do one or the other…

2 Likes

Is storefront route work your main source of work?

60% probably is storefront.

1 Like

Well, I do storefront Monday to Friday, and I know this is a luxury item. But, it is a joy to use. The cost of this pole is about 2-3 hours worth of work. I figure its a fair trade for something that I enjoy using. And it will last a lot longer than an aluminum pole.

3 Likes

Seems to be a common theme with this new carbon fiber pole category. Nobody can understand sinking that kind of money into a short pole, but then everybody who tries it raves about it. I bet they sell a ton of these at the big convention where people can actually try one before they buy.

1 Like

I imagine it’s a similar principle to getting an expensive smart watch. Sure, some people will always be hard on their watches, and should stick with their Walmart Timex’s. But most people will just naturally take better care of something that they paid more money for. I bet you’d be less likely to misplace a $200 pole than a $30 one.

Personally, 8’ seems rather limiting for such an expensive pole. I think 12’ is a more reasonable length.

5 Likes

Alex’s smart watch analogy is great and I would also use buying a car as another analogy.

I could have bought myself a Honda and it would have been a great car, but I opted to buy myself an Acura because I wanted a slightly higher class car. I don’t think it’s anymore reliable or “better” than a Honda but it’s what I wanted and I’m happy with my choice.

We all get to spend the money we make any way we choose.

1 Like

Good analogy!!
You hit on a good point here. An 8’ pole for storefront is nit the only size you will need
You need a 12’, An if you do dealerships you’ll need 18’-24’ poles also.
So that’s something else to think about . I agree I would think 12’ would be a better size for a pole like this. You would get more use out if it.
I have 3 piece 8’ , 3 piece 12’ , 3 piece 18’ ,an 4 piece 24’. So that’s another thing.
I use all these sizes to do my route work, but I could use a 3 piece 12’ for 80-90 percent of my work.
I’ll probably end up buying one of these poles now. Lol :joy: i just starting thinking In the winter all poles suck. This thing would be a good pole for the winter.

1 Like

I like that pole. I use an Ettore (It’s the Home Depot one, I believe it is 8 or 10 feet, 18 bucks-- it is very light and I like it)-- I also use a Garelick 24 foot stick as well, that does have some weight to it–

200 bucks is a lot to pay, but if you use a pole 20-25 hours a week or so, I think the weight reduction and material will cause you less fatigue doing those 20-25 hours. Seems that is the case for the original poster, might be a good idea to look into!

The best Trad Pole on the market. Don’t be fooled by the imitators.

Hundreds in Stock - XERO Water Fed Window Cleaning Supplies - Products and Equipment – WindowCleaner.com

Every Tip Imaginable - XERO Water Fed Window Cleaning Supplies - Products and Equipment – WindowCleaner.com

3 Likes

Just got mine today. Will put it through the paces on my large route tomorrow!

1 Like

Hey Chris,

As far as I can find, here in Canada the only provider of CF Trad poles is Legend.

Did a review:

1 Like

I think if that pole is in your hands 4 hours every day, which it is, then spending $150 one time to be more comfortable for half of every single work day from now until forever is a small price to pay.

Investing in your comfort is definitely worth the money.

5 Likes

I used the WCR Trad pole for a single day and I think it already paid for itself. Labour value through Time is too expensive to have even 5% less effective tools in my opinion.

1 Like

There is just no way this pole will make anyone faster, as compared to a different 8’ pole. Is it a higher quality most definitely. It’s not like WFP compared to Cleaning with ladders. Or an 8 GPM PW compared to a 4GPM. They should come up with sections to add on to make it a 12’ -24’ if possible

You can do that.

1 Like

Our 2.0 goes up to 20 - https://windowcleaner.com/xero-carbon-fiber-trad-pole-2-0

There are various adaptors available to go higher than that if you desire.