Getting started...Gear setup

What about pouches? Is 1 + boab enough to start? I mean besides towels, a scrapper, 6" squeegee…i dont need to carry much at 1st to do store fronts…right?

You dont need to carry much to do store fronts…ever! :wink:

2 Likes

Haha true. K.I.S.S…

1 Like

Yeah a boab is good to get. A pouch or two can be convenient as well for stuff like steel wool/scrub pad/ magic eraser.

But if you really wanna be simple, theoretically you could have a mop in one hand, squeegee in the other, and rag over your shoulder. Personally, I wanna have as little as possible but never be without what i need.

3 Likes

@WVWindowWashing Yes! Have what i need so no unneeded trips to the truck. But not so much where i am carrying extra weight

1 Like

FWIW I see guys all the time working storefronts without so much as a belt. Tools ride in the bucket, towel over the shoulder. Steel wool, well, it’s possible they just don’t use it.

Personally I prefer a boab just to save me bending over a bazillion times a day.

3 Likes

BoaB for sure. I wanna look like i know what im doing. Cause well 1 day i will. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree! :wink:

2 Likes

Yes get a boab.
On my belt i have a drill gun holder and hsmmer holder on left. And my boab and a small magnetic clip on my right. Thats it.

I keep my squeegee in the drill holder. Keep my sill towel in the hammer holder. I keep solution in my boab. I screwed a clamp on my boab so my mop attaches to the outside of my boab. The little magnetic clip attached to my belt and holds my little scraper. If i need my 5" scraper it sits in my hammer holder. If i need my mahic eraser it sits ontop of my boab where most people put thier squeegee. Oh and my dry huck towel just sits on top of my squeegee kind og pushed into the holder. I dont like to have towels over my shouldder.

I like to have as little on me as possible.

Im thinking BoaB on my right(as i am right handed). Pouch to my left to hold eraser, towel, screwdriver and any other small thing i need. Have a magnet im going to attach to my boab and use to hold my scrapper and idk if ill get a hammer holder to hold my 6" or just see if it fits in pouch…

I never need anything except my 22" for storefront. Except the occasional 18"

Pic won’t upload

So where do you keep your different channels(say you may need them)? What about extra rubber and extra sleeves? Leave them in the truck?

I wouldn’t put my 6" in my pouch…you’ll use it more then you think and if you don’t use it much you will be going through a lot of towels. Also, if you put your 6" in you pouch, your pouch will get a lot of dirty soapy water in it.

Mostly in the truck. After a while you’ll be able to size up most jobs before you start them.

Yeah i keep the extras in the van.

Thats left to right. It goes on jist like that. In my earlier i got my left and right mixed up because i was looking at it backwards. But boab is on left, everything else on right as u see in pic. That little circle thing is a magnet for my small scraper. My 5 inch scraper (when i need it sits in rhe hammer holder snug with my sill towel.

1 Like

Yeah that’s pretty much my setup idea…lol

Be sure to experiment with boab on the left too. I had mine on the right but switched to the left and like it way better. With that set-up i have the mop on the left and squeegee on the right allowing for ultrafast mop then squeegee action, or, better yet, easier two-handed fanning.

2 Likes

yeah thats how mine is too. So much smoother instead of reaching across the body.

I expect plenty of experimenting. Thats where alot of my excitement comes from. Technique, gear setup, selling speech etc…now to just move…got a couple more weeks…

1 Like

Sounds like you’ll be hitting the ground running. Right on!

1 Like

You should throw this pic and description of your setup in this thread

1 Like