Heavy Duty Screw on Tip of Pole

Noticed the tips of poles most have plastic threads on the ends.</SPAN>
As to many of the quick release tips that have the thread at the end which is good for lighter work. </SPAN>
When it comes to the heavier uses, these are pron to breaking or the thread slips when over tighten. </SPAN>
Here you see that there is a steel thread on this pole, same that is used for painter poles.</SPAN>
It can be used for those heavy jobs.

[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=4]UNIVERSAL QUICK CONNECT LOCKING TIP FOR POLES - YouTube
[/SIZE][/FONT]</SPAN>

Looks good but only make me feel jealous. You need to market and sale your tools

Believe to put this thread on the end of the pole should not be that difficult to put on. </SPAN>
All you need tool wise is a heat gun.</SPAN>
A thread that fits on painters poles, you should be able to buy them separately.</SPAN>
Two x 4 inch-100mm length and 1 ¼ inch - 32mm + 1inch – 25mm Out side diameter electrical conduit. </SPAN>
Oh pair of gloves.:)</SPAN>

What would this actual thread be useful for? I’ve replaced all my tips that were like this as they don’t fit most window cleaning tools. I think this is called an Italian? thread. And if my memory is correct - it only lets you add wooden cones.

Yes Karl,</SPAN>
Know what you are saying,</SPAN>
In fact all poles have this thread on tips including the WFPs.</SPAN>
At a later date will showing how to adapt your quick release tips to this thread.</SPAN>
That way you can use your normal tools on your longer WFP.</SPAN>
For getting cobwebs off high peaks and gutters etc. </SPAN>

*1. I’d have to disagree that all poles have this thread. Usually it’s just the tip shaft that is utilized. Infact most tips don’t even bother having a thread on them, it’s just a incremental shaft.
2. I’ve been doing the opposite - getting rid of this thread for others. i.e. the Garelick pole.
3. I already use normal tools on wfp’s. My choice would be the old Unger plastic tip - it also has this Italian thread on, but it’s the tip shaft that is useful for trad’ tools - not the thread, unless you use the ceiling fan attachment or perhaps the lightbulb changer.

Karl ,</SPAN>
What was meant that all our poles have these threads on the tips.</SPAN>

Well you’re probably better off with one of these then: Unger ErgoTec Locking Cone | Window Cleaning Supplies, Tools, Equipment, Products
Virtually unbreakable, scratch free in use, lightweight & this model also has the lock function.*
The Italian thread is useless for most window cleaning tools besides the ones I mentioned.

Hey Karl,

I’ve been using the wood cone for years and it works just fine , the threads do wear out after awhile but they’re also cheap price and will last a good while…Plus I also use a plastic tip that will screw on to these threads of H-Mans design, they work great, also they almost never wear out.

Personally I don’t care for the tips that clip on, just another process to move through glass !

Plus from what I can see these are right handed threads so most type cones will screw on here in the States ! Plus your able to take off your cone to use a gutter cleaning tool ! Or a doodle bug…I really think most ends are equal to each other and they all work just fine…

But in my observation of H-Man and his threads he’s a great designer and producer, now if he can get into manufacturing I think he’ll blast off. He’s a true thinker and problem solver and can do in the field adjustments when needed !

Dave

That looks very strong. Pole tips are prone to breaking in general, as are the collars. Do I see 2 thickness
of the orange plastic, one inside the other? Are they glued together? I have some old pole
threads but I don’t know where to buy them out here. I have looked in local paint stores.

I believe that in the States it’s called an Acme thread and it’s standard here for all types of poles and handles. Another nice job Herman.

Dale

Hey Merv,

How you doing Bud…

I use the Garelick and the ends almost never break off, actually I’ve never had one break off ! Heck the older poles, I just start using for gutter cleaning and most times I drop them from the top of the ladder landing flat just so I don’t need to carry them down and being super old it don’t matter if they break ( but one never has, always landing them flat ,always on grass or dirt never asphalt concrete).

The Garelick is a great pole ! Highly versatile !

Dave

Hey there Dale…

The snow and ice finally stopped and melted, the rain came ! Thank goodness…I love the rain !

Say good post !

Your Bud /Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the input. I will have to give them another try. Many years ago I bought one and it jammed up
on me in a short time.

On other poles I have had every one either break at the pole tip or the collar, which ever comes first.
The poles last forever but those weak points shorten their life greatly.

I have to add - I’m a little biased & hate wooden cones. I immediately switched out the tip of the Garelick for another. I forgot about that type of swivel pad as well - probably the only use personally for the Acme! Acme thread is the right term - couldn’t think of the name, however “Italian pole thread” is very similar & used mostly for mop heads in Europe. If memory serves me correctly, Acme tools will fit on Italian threads although it is a squeeze.

I’m all for innovation, heck I’m doing it all the time - but I just find some of Hermans “inventions” identical copies of stuff already on the market (i.e. Wagtail). But keep going Herman - I’m sure you’ll hit the jackpot soon.

Merv - you said you’re pole tips break - How? Never broken one yet, even when dropping from height.

Here’s a video of how I modified my Garelick poles -

//youtu.be/QKi1g98bIdc

Hey Bud / Karl

Yes you are a great innovator and a great contributor to this and other forums…I greatly appreciate all you do and your blog is the best on the internet, and I’ve learn a lot from your input !

Your a true friend and I hope to meet you some day…Hows the winter in the Med…

Your bud / Dave

P.S…I’m bias also, in lots of things, one is I hate the cold , snow and ice ! I don’t like short days, I also can’t stand getting old, the body crunches !

It depends on what pole we are talking about. My workers will destroy any pole tip in a short time.
I just had one I bought at a paint store break right in half. Ettore poles used to be durable although I have had them tear
through the holes. I read that they are no longer providing
pole tips for the old poles. Pole tips have improved over time. At first they would only last a few months.
Now they are much better.

Collars are another problem. They terminate any pole long before the pole breaks.

Regarding my last worker’s pole tip break: the metal tip actually broke in half, right through
the pole tip metal.

A strong window cleaner is a lot more destructive than a weak one. :slight_smile:

Yep…

I’ve dealt with that before (others) !

Dave

Have already adapted an Unger quick release on a straight and an angle, can be put on and off when needed. </SPAN>
The Acme thread can be used on heaver jobs.</SPAN>
As Dale said there are many tools that have Acme threads.</SPAN>
It is always handy to be able to use a variety of tools on the pole.</SPAN>
Yes there are two layers of pipe on the pole.</SPAN>
It is no glued or riveted would not hurt to put a rivet in.</SPAN>
Up to date have not had one go loose. </SPAN>
Be making a video of how it is done.</SPAN>