Help!

I keep hearing all these good things about, so I finally bought one and used it this morning on a Res. I know they shine for commercial, but this house had very large pieces of glass like a commercial and I wanted to try my new with a 14 inch and 18 inch QS channel.

To be honest, I found it a little difficult. I typically use Etttore super system. I’t felt like it needed to be held less closer to the window. I could hear a metal scratch sound, but no scratch, and I lifted my hand more than I’m used to and it worked ok.

It sounds like this could be a great tool, but I need some advice on techniques and pointers with
I eventually had to stop and switch back to super system because the was slowing me down.
It just feels different, but I like the way it closes easier and less stress on the hand.

If any one has some pointers please throw’em out

Were you using the standard handle…or was it the Super system?

I prefer the handles but…my good buddy Jeff Klass runs strickly Super System handles on ALL his. It takes some getting use too because of the angle.If by chance your using the standard swivel handle just keep playing with it (angle wise) you’ll soon get a feel for it;)

Yeah I got the standard handle. It has a different angel forsure.

IS FOR PEOPLE THAT DON’T WANT TO MAKE WORK OUT IT!! DO YOU USE THE L AND Z STYLE? DO YOU USE THE BACKWORDS STROKE? SET THE RUBBER ON THE 2ND SETTING!! WHY? IF YOU DRAG WITH SAY 50 LB PRESSURE ALL DAY LONG WOULD YOU BE TRIED AT DAYS END!!! YES !! LETS SAY LESS PRESSURE THAN ALL DAY LONE WITH A DIFFERENT STYLE MAKES FOR EASYER DAY!! LET US SAY 4x 8 WINDOW WITH A 18 SQ. DO IT ANY WAY YOU WANT TO. TOTAL AMOUNT IS LINER FT IS 32. WITH A IT 8 FT. !! WHO’S SAVEING TIME AND ENGERY?? THERE’S MORE TO THIS THING!! STAN , PRO WINDOW KLEENING FOR 23 YEARS

It’s spelled

[SIZE=“5”]oqɹ[/SIZE][SIZE=“5”]s[/SIZE]

wow…what a a lot of mumbling…thanks for that gibber

ha, I never seen this post… whoops, I mean I NEVER SEEN THIS POST lol

does take getting used to, but the Super System I did not like at all. I likely did not give it a fair chance… but when I use a product as good as, why?

I use it exclusively. I do not even own another type of squeegee and I do 90% residential.

RULZ!

Matt, the channels require a different angle for sure…no matter what handle you use. You will adjust in no time at all. You have developed muscle memory for the angle required by the squeegees you’ve been using.

I used to use exclusively but now only use the channel in the 18" size for commercial poling and fanning.

I don’t like the plastic swivel handle at all. They (the handles) are just too thick and the lower jaw clamp will eventually break. I also used to use the 2 screw aluminum fixed handles but they bend so easy and really don’t hold the channel well enough.

I tried numerous handles and finally settled on the Unger Pro (quick release) (clipless) stainless steel handle. I took the quick release lever off of it and put it back together with 2 screws so it’s no longer a quick release handle. I also had to file the teeth off of the lower jaw clamp.

This sounds like a lot of trouble but it is the best working handle (for the Quicksilver channel) with the best angle and clearance for poling those (commercial) upper panes down to the frame. It also has a great angle for fanning with the 18" Quick Silver channel. I also love the rubber grip on the Unger Pro handle.

It’s not a swivel handle but if I ever need a swivel handle I just use my Unger swivel 0 degree squeegee which has done away with my need for my two (The) Ledger handles and those dreadful pro-Curve poles that I used to use in certain situations.

is the absolute best channel for poling. The smaller channels are fine too but I prefer Unger Ergo Tec when using smaller channels.

I have no trouble going back and forth from the different angles of the and unger squeegees. It’s just something you get used to. Muscle memory will develop in no time at all.

Dear Matt,

I have been using for many years. The angle issue will come with practice. I like using because I get less lines with their rubber. I like the stiffness of the channel. I use a 30 in. for store fronts. This works well with a stainless steel quick release handle. They are short (handles) and pop out of a wood cone quick. I use a stiff handle because pivot handles tend to move easy if you have to much dry glass under your long channel rubber.

People will say that you can’t fan with a. You can if you have the blade edge set as close to the channel as possible. This gives the blade max support. Fanning is still a little tricky. I don’t fan much. People say they are quicker. If you stand back and observe someone there is a lot of quick movement, but a lot of overlap in the motion. It is impressive to watch if you are a home owner. Just remember you only have so many movements in your joints, at some point in you life pain will come and you’ll wish that you would have some of that wasted movement back.

Keep after it, your skill with will improve.

Bill

I got it now…3+ weeks later and it’s my pole lover :slight_smile:
Still like my super system though for Res. and smaller things…, wow it’s awesome.

With all this talk about, I’m getting squeegee envy.:o Im going to have to get some
:smiley: Carpe Baby!!!

I have used the plastic swivel handles for 2 years and have not had a problem. I can’t imagine life without them :eek:

I see some people assume is not for fanning… I only fan (except when poling)

12 years cleaning windows, 9 years exclusively. (however, I am open to and try new squeegees)

CFP, for the first year I used the plastic swivel handle I loved it. The channel clamp started getting looser and looser so I would have to tighten up the jaw clamp screw. The jaw clamp finally broke as I tried to get just a little more tightness out of the handle.

I found out that some of the window cleaning supply stores keep this particular replacement part in stock as it is very common for it to break.

I ordered the replacement part and even a spare swivel squeegee but soon thereafter changed to the standard style squeegees in the smaller (14", 12", 8", and 6") sizes.

Squeegees and handles are personal preference. The fan as well as any other squeegee in my opinion. However I don’t like the thickness of the lower jaw clamp (on the plastic swivel handle) because it is just too much bulky plastic below the rubber blade itself.

I find that certain traditional handles aren’t as thick (below the rubber blade)and will close out more completely down to the frames when poling those upper commercial panes.

Looking back, I think the reason that my handle kept getting looser and looser is because I only used one handle for several channel sizes. When I needed a different channel size I would quickly slide the present channel out of the handle and then slide a different size channel into the handle.

Perhaps this constant changing of channels (day in-day out) puts more wear on the plastic clamp making it get looser. You finally end up tightening the clamp to get that last bit of tightness and the clamp breaks.

The quick channel change was my favorite feature of the swivel handle. I never did like the thickness of the plastic clamp below the rubber blade itself.

I still use the 18" channel (poling and fanning) and would not trade it for anything out there. I just like a different handle with it.

yeah, today it got loose again…handle is kinda slacking on me. The swivel is getting loose and I can’t tighten it any more without damage, and the channel clamp keeps on getting loose :frowning:

Do they make other swiveling handles out of aluminum or anything besides all plastic???

Matt, For a long time I thought that a swivel handle was more efficient for my main squeegee. The more I compared using a fixed handle vs. using a swivel handle I finally decided that the swivel handle actually required more effort.

Swivel handles are worth their weight in gold when you need them but I rarely ever need them so I use fixed handles at least 90% of the time. But that 10% (or less) of the time when I need a swivel squeegee nothing else will do.

I use the Unger Ergo Tec 0 degree swivel handle when I need a swivel handle. It’s a really versatile handle that I can even fan (quite well) with on a pole. I just wish I didn’t have to use a screw driver and pliers to change rubber blades on it.

I’m trying to find a way to modify it so that it will be a quick release handle.

Fixed handles are great. Swivel handles are too when you really need them.

Just had my Ettore super system wand swivel snap today - well that lasted, what…2 days.

Don’t forget to recycle it.

Someones a brute killing that super system!

I am pretty much100% user now too, the Ettore stuff comes out some times (back flip mainly). I use a plastic, swivel handle on each of my channels, so that I do not have to change them, funny they are all different colors too.
I find for poling and closing out deeper sills, is the way to go. Use the right soap and will fan just as easily as the next squeegee. They only thing I found was adjusting to the slightly different angle used with the squeegee (in my opinion), once that was figured out with practice, I will never go buy any other squeegee brand.