High Interior Cleaning

How do you guys do it? Im not really liking the idea of bringing a ladder inside and it sliding around scratching stuff.
Should I use a telescopic pole with squeegee. That leads to what size?

Or- Ladder up? Or get something like a unger indoor kit?

Such a generalized question, got pictures?

Ladder’s don’t just slide around either.

1 Like

I put rubber mats on the floor to protect floors and carpets from the ladder feet.
My stand-off has rubber pads, but for interior I slip athletic socks over them to avoid marring the walls.
Sometimes a ladder is the tool of choice, especially if mullions have be taken off.

2 Likes

Sorry no pics. More was worried the ladder would scratch hardwood floors.

My first choice is a pole with a flat pad of some sort and SprayAway or the like. Second choice is pole with mop and squeegee (it’s messy and my high pole work blows). Third choice is ladder, padded at the top and good rubber on the feet, a spotter if needed, depending on floor.

Have you tried the Unger Stingray or Unger swivel Padholder head with microfiber pads and pure water? Both are good. The Stingray has limited reach however as the poles are proprietary. The Padholder fits any Euro pole tip.

See -
Stingray
https://shopwindowcleaningresource.com/unger-stingray-indoor-cleaning-kit.html

Padholder

and

for heavier dirt.

2 Likes

No haven’t tried either. I read about the stingray on here. I’ll look into it the pad holder. Thanks

I’ve been encountering more and more high interior windows in the last year. What do people use on their ladder feet to prevent slips, I have some coming up 3 levels up from interior, with tile floor, tried ladder last year but sketched me out too much with its lack of traction on the tile. Ended up taking my sweet time and used mop n squeegee on pole work.

That kit is worth every penny. But at least get a pad holder and some cleaning pads.

2 Likes

Just get a couple of foam rubber kitchen mats. No slip, no scratch.

2 Likes

I second the Unger speed clean kit. Use it on windows 30 feet high in an atrium. Not saying it’s easy on my back at all but they get the job done. Most of the time I just use the pad dry and it is all it takes. High windows don’t get that dirty from what I’ve seen, mostly just dust.

Xtenda leg non slip rubber feet for your ladder. Perfect for hardwood

2 Likes

A telescoping ladder comes in handy for 2nd story interior work. Very convenient and quick. Xtend & Climb is a solid brand. Be wary of cheaper ones. Given the riskier nature with this style of ladder, don’t skimp. Protect the floor and wall, watch your angle.

1 Like

This thread is some of the best information I’ve read…Period. Oh, and after poling interiors, I got the Unger pad holder and a gob of pads. Did 64 little panes Saturday, inside and out at 17 feet. 2 pads for all.

1 Like

hmm I’m interested in this speed clean window kit. I do A LOT of housed with high atrium windows, and would love to not have to set up my stack ladder in the house anymore. So you guys are happy with this product? How long do the pads last? And do you just clean them? Thanks.

The glass must have been maintained on a constant basis to be able to properly clean 64 panes of glass in/out with only 2 pads…

Sounds like you got lucky with that job!

1 Like

Don’t forget that you can use a carbon pole with the Unger Swivel pad holder. It has a Euro thread like most WFP brushes.

1 Like

telescopic ladders are not what I would recommend under any circumstances. They are very prone to failure and in reality are not well suited to a person who will be using it a lot. the only reason to purchase one of these ladders if you had EXTREMLY limited space an LG type will do 10x more and 100x safer with only a little bit more space.

What would you prefer 30-40 plastic clips holding you in place or steel pins?

I have known people that have had an telescopic ladder fail on them, I have no idea of the brand, I do belive the whole method of construction and retention has so many points of potential failure, which is why they are not approved for commercial work here( that defines as non home owner so even residential here would be not allowed to use).

1 Like

Yeah. Duh. I forgot to mention I pre-scrubbed with the coveted blue pads. Saturday was the second pass I made on them. On the back I spritzed pads with Invisible glass. One pad for the first pass, after scrubbing, then a lighter spritz on the second pad. The second pad barely had any dirt on it. Then I detailed all with a lint free flour sack towel on a five inch wide squeegee. Took 5 hours to do 64 panes at height. Most time and slow go was working around and standing between A/C units…bringing pole down one section at a time…change pad…shoot back up. Inside, bam, rub, rub, rub, change…rub, rub, rub. So panes were quite clean when time for the smooth green pads to final clean. This was a free training run. I bought three fluffy wash pads and 12 Luster pads. The pads totally covered the panes, that’s how small they were.

I’ve been on the fence about getting one of these.