How to prolong the life of squeegee rubber

lately i have been buying Moerman rubber which comes in a long sleeve that seems to protect it well

I use pulex and I wonder if there is a better brand besides ettore

:cool:Thought I was goin’ to school real quick!

No.

Maybe try decaf? Rubbers are cheap. A 3 dollar rubber can earn 350 to 500 bucks. I flip/change the rubber before every house or non-route job. I think the less edge detailing and stroke saving a fresh square-edged rubber gives me over fighting with the streaks and smears a worn rubber produces is worth the money. I don’t understand why people obsess with the pennies a rubber costs, instead of the thousands the rules and regs imposed by government costs. Anyone checked their unemployment, workers’ comp or liability premiums lately? Anyone taken a look at the OSHA regs lately? There are many more important things affecting my bottom line than the cost of a squeegee rubber.

Of course, I whine every time I write the check for another gross

My apologies for coming off as a dweeb, I’m definitely not superior to anyone.

Thank you.

No reason to apologize. I really dont think you said or did anything wrong. I like the picture of your truck.

Unger HARD Rubber. Lasts and Lasts. Trim the ends, Go again. We used Ettore (nice rubber) last year, Unger Hard this year and we have more rubber in inventory right now, than we did this time last year.

Where the hell did THAT come from?!?

Thanks, I took my 14yr old daughter “wheelin” at Rausch Creek Off Road Park. It was a great way to have some father daughter bonding time and was some of the BEST fun I have had all year. My daughter got a good mud bath cause she kept her window down as we went thru a mudd hole (my side is clean). It was funny to see about 60 Jeeps and couple other different trucks, mine having the only ladder rack. We were known as the “work truck” that day with the group we were with. I was proud to have that label.

If anyone is into Wheelin and would like to go to Rausch Creek Off Road Park let me know, I’ll go.

Sometimes I post questions searching for helpful answers to my questions on the forum and I like to practice the if you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all principle we all learned as kids. Its humiliating to ask questions to other full grown men/strangers and hope they actually answer in a respectful way. So the way I took the response to my question was it seemed a little arrogant and when I’ve already humbled myself enough to ask for advice I don’t appreciate arrogance. But he did apologize to me which isn’t necessary but it shows he wasn’t trying to sound arrogant and I think that’s cool. Thanks for the helpful tips.

Asking questions does not humble you it makes you smarter and people can be serious and respectful and still have fun.

It seems as though you were acting in the manner to which you object.

"Originally posted by Lacizkod
It seems as though you were acting in the manner to which you object.

You must be referring to 20% of my post rather than its entirety. You should be a reporter for the news.

Apparently “practice” does not make one perfect.
How often do you practice that principle?

Really? This is what you got worked up enough about to freak out and leave the forum (with a long, ranting Dear John letter attached) ?

Dang dude, pick your battles.

WOW I never saw this thread. I wish he was back so we could all stroke his ego…or at least stroke his BIG muscles
that he seems so proud of!

I mainly use 18 inch unger rubbers, when it gets “burned” out I cut the ends and turn them to 14 inch rubbers!

I watched a “how its made” show on tlc or discovery or something like that. After rubber has been manufactured and is being shipped to a manufacturer they coat the rubber in calcium carbonate. The show made me think of this thread.