Huck Towel Problem

Me, too!

I have a monster hook on my utility belt to hold my micro towel. I have to use 16"x24" to keep them draped over the hook good enough. I like the hook for easy on/off use of the towel (quick draw as many times you reach for it in a day) Has anybody used the belt clamps to hold their towel?

I just bought one of those hammer holders to go on the belt. Holds a towel and my small squeegee. Cheap item and the best tool I bought this week. Why didn’t I buy one sooner?

x

I use one of those hammer holders too, but for my scraper not a squeegee. It works well. I am sure to keep the lid on the scraper though;).

As far as the towels, I am also of the impression that surgical towels and Huck are the same. And, I am not saying that it’s for sure, but I used to work at a hospital and we used the name interchangeably. I use micro fibers for windows. I actually usually carry three towels when I clean. One small micro (12"X12") for buffing small streaks and spots, one larger micro (20"X16") for frames and squeegee wipes, and sometimes a large terry for frames, tracks and floor protection. So long as I carry the terry for frames, tracks I usually only use one each of the micros for interior and one each for the exterior of a large house.

I know they say not to, but I wash them all together. Terry’s, micros, scrubber sleeve’s, etc…I use a small amount of Whisk (only because I like the smell) and a hefty amount of 20 [I]MuleTeam Boraxo [/I]Laundry additive. I wash them every two to three days. Works great and no problems.

I wouldn’t even think of using the hammer holders - the rubber goes quick & its noisy. If you do, at least pad it out. Ettore used to do a holster, you are better off with this, although I still find rubber wear on these & difficulty sticking. As for sticking 3 in there - no way. I can’t even use an Unger boab, because the other squeegees fly out when you work as fast as me.

We use all hammer loops, and boabs.

Does anyone else have the problem of pulling more than one squeegee out with the Unger or Pulex boabs?

On rare occasions from my Unger (new style) BOAB.

I use air conditioning hose on the side of my Ettore boab. It takes the big 'uns.

Since WCR doesn’t sell microfibers or surgical hucks, I’ll tell ya a secret. Target carrys the best microfibers around. I’ve tried all kinds, and the ones pictured below are the best I’ve used. Some other microfibers I tried worked well to begin with, but then after a few weeks were useless. These from Target in the auto section last, and they’re often on sale. They are usually 5.99 for 2 of these, and they’re of good size.

I also buy the smaller (12x12 I think) bright orange ones they sell, 12 for 10 dollars. They’re just as good, just not as big.

Also, I used a hammer loop for a while, but I kept having to walk around to find where my towel went; usually the bush stole it. I got some cheap carabiners from Lowes. Next to these carabines you’ll find steel rings. Total cost is less then 2 dollars, and it’s the best way I’ve found to hold my towels.

Photo?

I knew someone was gonna ask. Its getting dark here - I’ll do it tomorrow.

I’ll try & video this - you’ll have to give me some time to get some memory cards & how to work the camera! :o

Sure! How 'bout I send you some air conditioning hose and an Ettore BOAB as well.

Ohh…go on then :smiley:

OK, just been out & taken some photo’s Lar, as I don’t know when I can get some memory cards. Sorry they’re bad pics - but you get the idea.

And one for luck, darn cat:

As you can see - its great for longer channels. Just use a good plastic glue & cut preferably to the length of the sidekick. That way if you need a break, you can take the squeegee out & stand the bucket up - always a problem with the sidekick. I’ve been using it a while now - I thought it would have worn down because its quite flimsy stuff. But OK after 5 months. I think lengths come in 9 feet and cost around $2 -$3.

Thanks for the great pix, Mr. Robinson.

I basically did the same thing years ago only with a 1" clear piece of tubing that i mounted on the side of my BOAB to store/holster my 1’ garlick pole.

I can never remember – does “years ago” trump “5 months” or is it the other way around?