"I Don't Believe in Safety"

If this continues at this company, someone will die.

Does it make you feel good about yourself to try to bring a company down? I thought you were about educating. This thread is ridiculous.

No, the fact that this is allowed to go on at this company is ridiculous. Thank God itā€™s getting exposed before someone dies

I am here: Google Maps

Actually I didnā€™t start this thread. But to answer your question this thread could save someoneā€™s life so yes it feels good to bring attention to this companies negligent treatment of itā€™s employees. Let me ask you - did you happen to see the picture on this companies website showing how an employee is cleaning a gutter? The owner knowingly put that on his site so he is aware of what his guys are doing. Maybe your attitude and anger would be better directed at an employer who shows such disdain for human life.
As for education - this thread is educational as it can show new cleaners and owners that a community of their peers wonā€™t tolerate needless risk to human life and will act to help.

My original intent was to give the guys on the WCR forum a good laugh.

Just wondering? Does anybody out there think the owner is a nice guy?

Wait this on there website? I thought maybe this was just employees who put this on youtube?

Hey Chris,

I beleive the video is from youtube, but their is a dangerous gutter cleaning picture on the front page of their website as well. Here it is Eavestrough cleaning Toronto | Gutter Cleaning Toronto

Some people donā€™t know any better. To try to bring someone down right off the bat using WCRā€™s internet power seems distasteful to me, especially when it seems one of the faces of WCR is leading the charge.

Tony has mentioned several times in the years that you canā€™t fix stupid. I disagree. I am a self taught window cleaner doing this since I was 17 years old. I did lots of stupid things in the past. Not because I was disregarding safety, but because I didnā€™t know any better. When I discovered that there were internet forums, Associations, and safety seminars is when I really started to learn things and to be more safety conscious.

It seems there are better ways to bring this to the attention of the owner than blasting him on the internet. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying.

Hey Seth,
So we should give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that heā€™s just an idiot?

I was talking about this last night with my wife, and she was kind of inline with Sethā€™s first comment., today she actually watched the video. Well, she triedā€¦now sheā€™s more in line with Tony.

I should have made this thread a poll! Whoā€™s point of view do you like, Tony or Seth?

Iā€™m not assuming anything about that company or owner. I donā€™t know anything about them.

I agree itā€™s unsafe. I donā€™t agree with blasting the company on the internet using WCRā€™s internet power, especially if nobody knows that owner or company.

Itā€™s not too late to do so.

Hereā€™s part of the problem with the safety at Prestige Maintenance Crew

ā€œI challenge anybody to go out and find another company that charges our prices or better, if one exists, Iā€™ll retireā€ ā€“ Sergio, Co-owner

Obviously a low baler who does not care about safety. Yet I did find this under the painting section of their website

SAFETY FIRST!!

ā€œClimbing on ladders and painting can be hazardous work; so is working with solvents and dust inhalation. Our painters are well-trained and experienced to handle these situations. Prestige Maintenance Crew will take all necessary steps to ensure your safety and that of your property.ā€

Well I guess they will protect you and your property, but what about the employees?

We do have to remember, Maybe the guy doing the work is just an x employee who kept the shirt. Maybe.

It looked like the guy in the vid was also pictured on the website. Could be wrong though

I like Tony and Seth, I think they are both right. Iā€™m pretty sure both of them love bacon tooā€¦and really, thatā€™s what counts.

Do they make goose necks long enough to reach over that ledge five stories up to do that job with a WFP?

PS
Looks like chair work to me.

You make some good points, Seth

Iā€™m not sure if they do or not, Mikeā€¦ my initial thought was that it looked like chair work to me too.