I'm Gonna Hate On How You Clean Windows

I’m always right :grin:

2 Likes

Is that a challenge? I think it is…

1 Like

So I guess you’re gonna post a video of you fanning windows like Alex on YouTube?

Sometimes it is faster to straight pull but usually fanning is quicker. That’s my experience, my opinion. No challenge. :sunglasses:
Lots of guys prefer straight pulling. I have friends that can’t fan.

2 Likes

Just like any pro athlete, they do it for the ladies.

3 Likes

Has anybody on here seen the Jim Willingham training video. He use to win that IWCA window Cleaning contest every year at the convention. Anyway he does mention the ladies more than a couple times during the video. So that’s a valid point Jared. LOL

2 Likes

Mine as well. I tease my younger brother cause he is a dyed in the wool straight-puller with 10 years experience. I’ve only ever fanned, and I’ve got about 3 years of combined experience in my lifetime.

I can usually outpace his residential production rate unless all the windows are single-pull. Storefront fuggetaboutit I win, but he just hasn’t practiced pole work as much as me. If I gave him a 26"+ squeegee and a month of solid route work to practice it would probably be a different story. But I’m ok with my hourly wages as they are, fanning with the same tools I use on every job be it residential, commercial or storefront.

I guess what I’m clumsily trying to say is there are plenty of factors besides the basic movement type that determine what is the fastest or most efficient way to work in any given circumstance. But if folks are happy with what they do and are making plenty of money doing it, then really who cares?

4 Likes

Maybe this is what you’re thinking of. If I re-made this video, the wagtail or Moerman orbitals might fare better. Not that I’m real good at either one yet.

7 Likes

Depending on the access to a window, fanning or straight pull is the way to go.
Being able to do both equally well means you can attack any window with either technique. Although, some are far more practiced at one than the other.

The real difference comes from which kind of soap you use. If you’re not using Dawn, you’re just posing. :wink:

6 Likes

Love that video Dan, It was one of the first videos I took time to watch.

Thanks for sharing it again!

2 Likes

Aww, thanks Steve!
It was a blast making it and Chris and Alex kindly supplied me some of the equipment.

8 Likes

Well, lets get REALLY silly shall we… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s not silly that’s just facts

1 Like

So it would appear that size DOES matter, after all.

I love watching Sörbo do his thing.

5 Likes

I wfp all outsides and straight down inside to the bottom of window is the faster way. I will do one of my famous clips tomorrow !

Yeah, but the important part of any demonstration or interview is that you must look cool and aloof. Like, yeah, I learned this at the Oxford University Of In Your Face.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Old you can be old and experience !

…Jeez, what kinda low lifes are you hanging out with…

3 Likes

Well apparently ones that can’t fan… :smiley::laughing:

3 Likes

They’re window forum friends that are highly respected. I was shocked when I learned they don’t fan. Successful guys

3 Likes