Im new and need a basic belt setup

I need just a basic belt setup. I guess just a belt and then something to hold my squeegee and or applicator. I nees it to be affordable as possible right now. Can someone recommend to me the things i nees? Thanks.

What kind of customers are you going after?

Check out this thread…

1 Like

My first storefront is saturday and its just a small storefront in a strip mall but eventually hope to get into residential.

We keep it simple and have no need to be carrying anything but squeegee, applicator, scraper and towel.

2 Likes

Does the bucket on a belt like those found on this website hold both the squeegee and applicator? Not at the same time but I need somewhere to put applicator when Im using squeegee and vise versa.

Yes

1 Like

Keep it simple like @anon46335951 mentioned.

Keep the tbar and squeegee in the bucket and a towel in your back pocket or over your shoulder

The bucket on a belt holds both your scrubber and squeegee handle and channel.

1 Like

@Jonathan31 what tools do you have right now?

I use an Army belt from surplus.
a drill holder tjat i picked up from Lowes for squeegee
bucket on a belt with a clamp on front to hold applicator
a hammer holder to hold wet towel
a canteen holder (army surpluss) to hold huck towel
a small manetic clip to hold scraper

pretty basic really.

I have bucket, pole, applicator, squeegee, microfiber. Is a t bar the same as applicator?

I can keep the applicator( t bar?) In bucket but when I do inside of storefront I dont want to bring bucket inside. So I need somewhere to put applicator when I squeegee and vice versa. I will figure it put but i figure a bucket on a belt is what this is for.

Yes

1 Like

Just bring the bucket in until you get a system going it’s no big deal. Just put in a spot close to you that is not in the way of others.

2 Likes

You can grab an old bath towel from goodwill to use as a drop cloth if you bring the big bucket inside.

No big deal if you don’t have a belt bucket.

It’s called “your other hand” haha

The main advantage to wearing a bucket on a belt is saving you from bending over to pick tools out of the water bucket, and it’s totally feasible to work without one indefinitely.

1 Like

HaHa i heard that some where before!

True statement right there ^^^.

1 Like

When starting out you can always put the “other” tool on the next window ledge to be cleaned as well.

1 Like

Also, for inside work your wash sleeve doesn’t usually have to be so wet that it drips.

If you wring your sleeve a bit, then use it in the off-hand to catch drips while you squeegee, you can run interiors with no drop cloth. Carry a small bottle of soapy water in your pocket to re-wet the sleeve if necessary, sling the towel over your shoulder and that’s all you need.

1 Like

You meant spray bottle right? :rofl:

Who, me?

Yeah