Infinity-Cleaning-Mobile 2.0

Dude. I think that ship had sailed long ago.

But it’s cool. I think we all tend to let our nerd flag fly around here :sunglasses:

I attended a vocational high school. In advanced english class, I got picked on by my classmates for having too large a vocabulary…

1 Like

Funny part is, I really wasn’t. It was a voc/tech school. If I had gone to a prep school, I would’ve been the dummy that needed extra tutoring just to pass his classes…

Point is, context is everything :smirk:

My brother’s father in-law has a 99’ pickup with 300k+ on it…drives it all the time, it’s his daily driver.

I live in socal(not by the coast) weather is pretty dry out here. So it was rust free.

So I’m having a tough time picking out a roof rack for 4-slice. I don’t want to go with the clamp/clip style again. I don’t like what the clips and rubber feet did to the paint on the toaster over time. But I have some trepidation over drilling holes, as well…

Maybe I should install some tracks/side rails? But which ones?

Help. I’m not used to having a vehicle that is this nice. Someone knock some sense into me :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a work car brother. It will get beat up a little.
Drilled in roof rack…you know those ladders ain’t going no where.
Inno rack…who knows.

1 Like

Do you run WFP in either toaster? I have a Nissan Toaster, and It’s filled to the brim. Just got some milk crates to organize the trad gear in the back.

Still debating whether I should keep the 1988 Hilux (Silver Bullet) or not. I’m just using it for gutters for now. I plan to eventually invest in a WFP system and pressure washer. The problem is, I replaced parts with cheaper parts…

http://windowcleaner.com/t/infinity-cleanings-scion-xb-window-cleaning-mobile/31111/10?u=streakerfree

Here’s the “toaster’s” old setup.

1 Like

Yep, got a 25 gallon tank in the little toaster. Plan on installing a little larger tank in 4-slice; maybe 35-40 gallons.

I’m looking for a way to fit that on the floor, behind the front seats. It’s nice that there’s basically no hump on the floor. But I’ll have to either hack away at the center console, or do two 20 gallon tanks plumbed together.

Did you rip out the back seats? I’m thinking about pulling mine out and bolting a plywood storage rig in my Cube.

I never quite understood the water tanks. Are they filled with pure-water for use on projects where there’s no water source? Do you run a pump using an extension cord?

Have a read thru the thread @Streakerfree linked, and watch the youtube vid. I go over a lot of stuff there.

Basically, the water tank is my pure water supply for the wfp. Since I have great water quality from the town, I fill it with a 1/2 cube DI tank at home and carry it with me. I have two 6 gallon jerry cans that I use on occasion to refill the tank on larger jobs.

The 12v pump runs off the accessory circuit in the car. I installed a deep cycle marine battery as the starting battery.

Having an on-board tank system saves me a lot of time and hassle on jobs. Sometimes the water spigots are hard to get to, sometimes they have the water shutoff to them, or they have poor water pressure or water quality. This system takes out all those variables and lets me get to work very quickly.

It’s especially helpful for some of my route jobs that have multi-panes. I will leave the pole hooked up and hang it over the passenger side view mirror while I drive between jobs. This way it takes about thirty seconds from the time I pull up, to the time I’m scrubbing glass.

3 Likes

Nice. I don’t have a WFP system yet, but plan on doing some 4 story ‘seamless’ office glass. Can 40 gallons finish 400 panes at 8’x10’ per pane? I’ve seen trucks with these huge, round water tanks; guessing it’s more for pressure washing, but don’t know anyone who hauls their own pure water with them. I rarely see wfp here. 95% trad… I’ll check out your vids. Gotta do an evening indoor office clean!

If you’re doing larger scale commercial jobs, I think you should at least be equipped to make more water on site. Hydrophobic glass can use up a lot of water to rinse properly.

And I think 40 gallons would probably be enough for 100 panes that size. Maybe.

FTFY (or, “fixed that for you,” in @Skipper speak) :wink:

http://windowcleaner.com/t/anyone-on-here-working-on-a-side-project-business/38506/4?u=alex_lacey

2 Likes