IWCA Convention 2013 Florida

Lift certification is worth having. We have had a handful of jobs requiring the crews on the lifts be certified. It was to meet the properties insurance requirements. If you do lift work I would say it is worth that one job that may require it. It can be a nice sales pitch add on as well.

I’m certainly not discouraging IWCA Convention attendance. In fact, I attended Reno 2010.

i offered an alternative to IWCA certification for the benefit of other members here (not everyone can/will attend an IWCA event.)

If it was in Kansas City (instead of St.Pete), would you buy a plane ticket, pay for a hotel room, and still go?

No

Yea I probably would, I always wanted to visit KC.
Don’t blame me for having it St . Pete two years in a row.
My guess is, the folks that stage the event really don’t care for either snow or cold places - go figure.

Interesting.

I was just curious as to how committed you were to attending.

I have attended the following IWCA conventions: [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Orlando, FL 1990, West Palm [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]1993, Reno 1994, New Orleans 1995 , Orlando 1996, Las Vegas 1997. If you can go to any part of the convention go, you will learn a lot. I went to learn when I was just starting out. I am trying to schedule in time for next year.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Very, have buds to visit as well in KC.

Memphis in exactly 2 weeks

never been to a convention before where is the next one