Ladder in street

So, the big update:

No wind today, thank goodness. However, extension ladder was definitely out of the question with the narrow sidewalk. In fact, it was questionable if even the stack ladder would work. Amazingly, i managed to piece all four (including an extra long top piece) together, but I cheated and used the wall a bit for help. Unfortunately, that bunched up the cloth I had on the tip and my bungee chords kept sliding and obstructing the v-groove. I didn’t feel good about the situation and decided to just give poling it my best shot. Still had to work in the street to work the pole and even the pole barely reached the top of the arch on the first section. The other sections would have been impossible as the sidewalk slopes down even farther. My water kept freezing, but thankfully I thought to bring my denatured alcohol, the first time I’ve even had to use it. It was rough, but I did the best I could. I felt the results weren’t acceptable (there were some streaks I just couldn’t get rid of and the bottom of the panes was nasty cause I just couldn’t get a good close-out angle), but the majority of the glass is clean and will at least allow for a better view of the parade. The manager wasn’t around, unfortunately, so I sent an email with the bill, an explanation, and an apology. I only charged for the insides and gave them the outside attempt for free. I felt that was fair as at least they got a result that will accomplish their goal of seeing the parade clearly and they got it for free to make up for the sub-par work. Well, not my best day. Kinda discouraged, but trying to remind myself better times are ahead.

Thanks again to everyone for your outstanding support!

7 Likes