Las Vegas- Experienced Cleaner Needed

I would never pay an employee a percentage.
I have in the past paid partners and subs percentages. Usually the partners for jobs that included sales, giving them incentive to get more money coming in to the business. If you already have more work lined up than you can do, then that is not needed. However if you are trying to grow then it has advantages.

They are offering the $350 to $425 knowing that anyone with experience would not go for this deal, so anyone who does will be in at the $350. So, they will only have to do $1166 of work to get a pay raise.

Yeah, posting a thread in a discussion forum might cause a discussion. Good luck finding them. No worries about the percentage commission with that motivation. With so much glass to clean its a wonder you donā€™t want them to do the 8 hour shift. Anyway, I have made my post as to why I donā€™t like this deal. And while my replies may sound rude, they are not as rude as not answering/responding to the people who replied to my post. I am not trying to be rude or condescending, just stating my opinions and thoughts about it, but yes I was trying to sound sarcastic at times.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure originally the ad said 5% for using your vehicle. It also didnā€™t state hours originally.

Honestly, just a few more dollars in equipment, and they would be on their own. 2-300 in equipment, and they could do storefront on their own for much more money.

If this guy is providing everything except the labor, then the money seems fair for a part timer.

If this part timer has to provide everything except marketing and insurance, then I would see more half of the revenue being closer to fair. Like a 70/30 spilt.

But suckers are born every minute, so thereā€™s that.

1 Like

We provide everything- even a van with gas paid if they want to use it. As we grow we hope they will grow with us with room for advancement. We also provide health and 401k at a year for those at a minimum of 32 hrs a week, dental for all. For now, as originally posted- just looking for leads for 3-5 hours a day. We are still relatively new and growing.

8 Likes

Sounds fair to me, for an employee.

2 Likes

Yeah, not sure why they wouldnā€™t want to use the van though? :anguished:

Forgetta bout it.

How is fulltime 40+ hours a week with benefits comparable to partime?

I know, right?! Itā€™s a good van- fully wrapped chevy 500. Some of the guys have said they prefer zipping around in their own cars and just using the van when they need to lug the bigger equipment. Oh well, I will keep looking.

Sorry if I sounded harsh when replying to your post.

Your post is a good one, and your strategy has some merit too. The relaxed part time hours with nice pay should attract those not motivated enough to strike out on their own. I have just gotten caught up with the business owner mentality here. Not everybody wants to own their own business. I get it. Your offer is a good one for those people. Again, apologies for my crabbiness. Just have a bad taste about fish with what I have read about them from some of the other window cleanerā€™s posts.

1 Like

Thank you for that. I try to take good care of my people in hopes that they will stay with me a while. If they are running toward something, that is okay. If they are running away then I know I need to change things. Take care.

3 Likes

I wasnā€™t saying that thereā€™s anything wrong with your wages, just that is comparable to what heā€™s offering. Similar to what I pay too. If youā€™re offering full time with benefits than thatā€™s even better.

I didnā€™t mean anything by it. Just pointing out that I didnā€™t think his wage was unreasonably low and using your response as an example.

Wasnā€™t taken in a negative way, thanks.

A big difference from a small business owners view point is what @dgalkin had pointed out on another thread that when you offer somebody full time employment youā€™re invested in that person they rely on you for their livelihood.

5 Likes

I know that this is a major reason why Iā€™m hesitant to hire someone at this time. I know the previous owner had the same concern. The stress of having someone elseā€™s livelihood: thereā€™s and their families food, shelter, clothing, and all other needs and or wants. Itā€™s a heavy load to carry. And for those of us that want to be still able we have to fight that battle. I hope you find somebody great that canā€™t even truly becoming an long-term employee for you. Lot of really good window cleaners in Las Vegas and I agree thereā€™s enough glass for everyone.

1 Like

Maybe look for someone who doesnā€™t have a family to support , Thatā€™s in need of a easy going job that pays well. This really isnā€™t a job for someone looking to support a family , an I think Most people understand that.

1 Like

well put.

it will absolutely attract those looking for it.

possibly a person hold another part time job

our area just had a huge minimum wage hike. so many businesses are laying off and only offering part time and now without benefits. state also passed after so many accumulated hours you get paid leave. so many are hurting plus cost of living is going up.

1 Like

17-20 an hour is not bad money for someone looking for a part time job. Most entry level jobs start @ 11-14 an hour. I know many people in jobs making 14ā€¦ 15 , an 17 an hour. Yes ther not supporting a family. My wife is one of them :wink: Iā€™m going to send her it vegas to get a window cleaning job haaaaa :sunglasses:

1 Like

Mike keep in mind that you live in the bubble that is the NYC metro area. Assuming you mentioned numbers in your area specificallyā€¦ those numbers you mentioned may not hold true in other areas.

2 Likes

I live in the suburbs ā€¦ Long Island . Out here no one is paying someone more than 200 a day. No one is offering health benifits.
I liken our trade to the house painting business , or even Landscaping.
In all these industries out here thatā€™s what they make 125 -200 a day Depending on experience.
if this isnā€™t good enough for you then go find something that is.
I know people in all industries that own bsusnesses , An work in these industries.
When I was a house painter top Pay was 100 a day I started out making 60 a day. Back in the 80s.

I jace a brother in law who is a house painter for 20 plus years working for a big company he makes 175 a day. 

These are the numbers out here, An it isnā€™t cheap to live here.

Taxes , an rent are high 1500 plus a month for a one bedroom app. 6-9 thousand a year for taxes on a 2000 square foot house

My feeling is most peole in these industries that work for guys are single
I was single when working as a window cleaner. It was a job to me paid ok wasnā€™t labor intense I actually would work part time for other guys to
If I saw thsi oooertunity when I was working I would jump on it.

2 Likes

Jaysus lads i just arrived with fresh popcorn for all!!
In the boom time (Celtic Tiger) i would ve paid guys ā‚¬600 for a 5 day week and always gave them an option to work saturdays with me for an extra days pay.Had 4 guys working with meā€¦5th if needed then obviously the big smart happened and unfortunately had to let them go over time.
I spent 6 weeks travelling around the states and vegas was 1 stop for a weekend and laat year i had 5 days of partying there again :grin:
Friend in orlando has always told me to make the move to the land of oppurtunity even telling me some banks would throw money at me to setup a business over their which i never believed or looked into.
I was offered a job in yankee stadium behind a bar after the manager met me in orlando (pal owns a bar)had to leave me to watch the bar for 1hr while he went out.Apparently everyone stayed at the bar because of me even though some wanted to leave according to him!!Claimed i could make 400 in tips alone each night if i took him up on his job which i kinda regret not doing nowā€¦anyway my point isā€¦
What offer is on the table for someone with well over 15yrs experience running his own business?!?!?
Accomadation would be part of the deal too i presume?
75/25 seems reasonable to mešŸ˜‰
Call meā€‹:crossed_fingers::handshake: