Later

[MENTION=1]Chris[/MENTION]
brilliant
no slow season no busy season just steady cash flow that can only go up.

about a year and half ago (?) you started a thread about how many storefronts would be needed to do it. How many are you up to?

didnā€™t he say 8000 accounts to be a 3 mil companyā€¦

Yeaā€¦ I need a break from running large window cleaning business for a whileā€¦ But those #s are about rightā€¦

Chris, Congratulations on the sale of your business and thanks for blazing the trail for the rest of us. One thing you mentioned a long time ago was the importance of establishing systems in every aspect of you business. That way everyone would be trained the same and on the same page. Do you think you accomplished this??

Thank you Brett

Well I left the new owner with 4 giant binders, about 6-8 inches thick each. I said to him everything you need to know, on how to run things can be found in here. While making them I always had the thought in my mind that I would wanted to be able to turn them over to anyone and they could easily understand how and why we do it the way we do it.

The binders and the systems inside them changed and upgraded every yearā€¦ SO technically its never doneā€¦

Thatā€™s great for you Chris. Iā€™m sure it was a tough decision. Iā€™m glad you will still be here for us though. Did Alex go with you or did you sell him too? lol

I think Alex has been full time skateboarding (aka working at WCR) for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

I think itā€™s pretty cool to see you sharing such a large change in your life with us. I am confident youā€™ll make your store front business a successā€¦ And we all get to watch and learn too :). Thanks for that [MENTION=1]Chris[/MENTION]

Jeremiah, Advantage Window Cleaning
Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

[MENTION=1]Chris[/MENTION]

I am also curious to.

Chris you are such an inspiration. Many, many, many congratulations!

Ahh yes, the salesman came with me. He will run the department fully and continue to solicit accounts.

I also brought one of the sales girls from ACWC to WCRā€¦

[MENTION=1]Chris[/MENTION]: When I saw this thread, the above quote from the ā€œHelp with Motivationā€ thread came to mind. I realize itā€™s pretty obvious, but Iā€™m really dumb, so Iā€™m going to ask anyway: was this sale of the business part of bringing the fun back? Maybe thatā€™s a (small) part of choosing the boring name? A daily reminder & challenge to yourself to have fun in spite of the flat name?

Flat name? Nice thing to say. Not!!

Storefront Window Cleaning IS pretty flat thoughā€¦ haha

Doesnā€™t get much flatter. Unless you went with Windows window cleaning.

Iā€™m thinking the flatter the better. I want super duper generic.

First, Congrats [MENTION=1]Chris[/MENTION], I hope this turns out to be everything you want. But I do have a couple of questions for youā€¦
Do you think having a ā€œgenericā€ business name will affect your business branding? Or do you intend on doing little to no branding, since youā€™re only doing storefront cleaning? Iā€™d imagine youā€™d still have to be recognizably different and ā€œbetterā€ than the other storefront window cleaning companies (like Fish, who obviously only focus on the lowest price) in the eyes of your future prospects.
It also sounds like youā€™re not planning on having a huge business again, so Iā€™m curious how big is your current new business, as far as number of storefront accounts, do you have them broken up into a number of different routes, and how many window cleaners are you actually going to employ to do these storefront routes, cause I canā€™t see you wanting to get back out on the road and sling a squeegee, am I right?

Congratulations Chris. We wish you well moving forward.

Storefront Window Cleaning IS pretty flat thoughā€¦ haha

Seems like it would be great for SEO! :slight_smile:

I think the name eliminates anyone calling for other types of work (residential, highrise, midrise etc) and may save hundreds of hours of worthless phone explanation.