Looking at 2 models....your advice?

Looking to buy one of these 2 models. Opinions? Suggestions?

Briggs & Stratton 020569 POWERflow+ 3000 PSI Gas - Cold Water Pressure Washer

Simpson MSH3125-S Megashot 3100 PSI Gas-Cold Water Pressure Washer With Honda Engine

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource

I would always tend to lean towards the Honda. Other than that they both seem to be about the same performance wise. Are you using it for housewash?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Yeah. I’m a virgin to pressure washing. I just have so many repeat customers for window cleaning that are looking to have their places pressure washed first. I liked the idea of just flipping a switch for different flows on the B&S model, but the other is much higher rated online.

Nine times out of 10 the gallons per minute is the most important part of power washing. Especially with house washing. And if that’s the case I would not recommend anything less than 4 gallons per minute. That usually means you’re going to have between 3000 and 3500 psi. Honda GX390 engine.

Check this guy out on u tube Michael Kreisle. Pretty much teach you anything you need to know about pressure washing. Also check out www.pressureTek.com
Whiskey mold, fungus cleaning in Frankfort KY - YouTube

I’m selling that exact same Briggs unit for $200. I bought out a window cleaning/carpet cleaning company and offloading some of their equipment I don’t need. The previous owner said they used the power washer a couple times, so its like new. Wonder what it would cost to ship it to MI…

That said…if you are going to power wash more than 8 hours a week, I would agree that a 4 or 5 gpm triplex pump with a honda gx390 is the way to go on a budget. Expect to pay around $1200 for one though.

Awesome, that helps a lot. Thanks Big Bob.

P.S. Have you seen Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay?

Yeah, right now I’m in the ~$400 and less price range. Where are you located for shipping?

No

No

Just makes talking to you very entertaining. :slight_smile: You’d have to see it to know what I mean. :slight_smile: But for real, thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

I was asking cuz I see you’re in Ames, Iowa? It would cost me $60-70 in gas round trip to drive there to buy it if $200 was a going price. Itd be a fun day trip for me :slight_smile:

50010 (Ames iowa). I assume if I drain the gas and oil, and box it up if UPS can deliver it for under $100. Let me know if you want me to look into it. I don’t have that exact wand with it fyi.

Well in that case…come on down. I have some other tools I can make you a deal on while you are here.

I’ll be in contact with you before Wednesday. I have some major jobs I’m doing Monday and Tuesday that are paying for this and my first WFP setup.

[MENTION=16244]squeegees[/MENTION] have you checked local craigslist? look for an ex-cell, a dewalt or a landa. a lot of times you can find 4gpm direct drive machines from those brands that will be great starter machines. expect to pay $400-$700 for a good used one. i would save the extra couple hundred and get 4gpm rather than waste money on a crappy big box store machine. you’ll be glad you did.

and psi is pretty much irrelevant for what you’re trying to do. gpm man, it’s all about gpm.

If the other gentlemen don’t want it I would buy it from you!!

Something like this then? Man, I wasn’t wanting to spend that much right now…

Ahh… Yeah… That generac seems nice… But Briggs and stratton, yes. 3000 PSI, no. Buy a 4000PSI model or higher. Those cheap ones aren’t going to get you anywhere. And hey, it’ll be paid off in two days… You get what you pay for. You’ll be replacing it within two years… Those cheap things don’t go far. Spend a thousand or more and do it right… Don’t go below or you really aren’t getting into the pressure washing business…