Looking for an affordable, but good software program, whats your favorite?

HI,
We have been doing things old school since day one. Until recently it worked ok, but we are growing quickly and we need a computer data base. I have looked at a couple different software programs but the one I really want is $3000.00. I found a second one that is $1000.00. I want it to not only host our customer info, but be able run reports, track advertizing results, schedule customers, and routes, print invoices, and figure payroll. I need to make a decision soon but would love to hear what some of you are using and are happy with?
Thanks for your help.
Lynne
Pane View Window Cleaning

Have you looked into the customer factor? I think it can do all you mentioned. I don’t currently use it, but plan on looking into it.

The Customer Factor is the way to go. It has worked for me.

I use the hosted version of Service CEO. But that will run you a minimum of 1k a year. Lots of companies on here use The Customer Factor and most don’t have anything but good things to say. I think TCF is less than 350 a year.

Is The Customer Factor a web hosted data program, or a software program to install on my computer?

It’s web based

the customer factor really great

I have never used the C Factor, but highly recommend REMOTE SHINE! I have been using it for a couple of years now and it works GREAT! The price was what attracted me. ONLY $150 a year. I have been cleaning windows for almost 20 years and wouldn’t have been able to grow as big without a program like this. You really should at lest give it a try. Hope this helps. Sunshine Window Cleaning “Clearly The BEST!”
Think the website is Remote Shine.

Thanks so much Gregreid9. I just checked the website out and sent them an email. I tried to call them but got a fax machine. Cant beat $150.00 a year that is for sure. Can I ask you how many trucks you have out per day? We are a small company currently with a 3 man crew on one truck, but we are working on expanding and its happening fast. I expect that next spring we will have a second truck and by the end of the next year a third, so I want a sofware program that will not only help us run more effeciently, but that will also grow with us as our customer base and business expand.

I just checked out The Customer Factor, and as far as I can tell it ROCKS! and its so unbelievably affordable. I am a detailed person so I want to call them to get a few of my questions answered, and see if the customer support is as quick as the reviews say but I think that it is the one I am going to use. It does so many things, and it looks very user friendly. Check it out, I’ll bet you be ready to get started with it too. Software for Window Cleaners, Pressure Washers, Cleaning Services, Carpet Cleaners, and More!

I just checked out The Customer Factor, and as far as I can tell it ROCKS! and its so unbelievably affordable. I am a detailed person so I want to call them to get a few of my questions answered, and see if the customer support is as quick as the reviews say but I think that it is the one I am going to use. It does so many things, and it looks very user friendly. Check it out, I’ll bet you be ready to get started with it too. Software for Window Cleaners, Pressure Washers, Cleaning Services, Carpet Cleaners, and More!

Sorry for the duplicate posts.

We use TCF as our primary software but still schedule our appointments and plan our crew days in a custom designed book and do some other things without TCF. Overall and especially for the money I can’t see going in another direction.

Customer Factor +1,000,000 Won’t cost you thousands either…

Since it is web based, does that mean that if you stop paying monthly, you
are left with nothing you can use?

I would rather find something that allows me to function independently instead of
being dependent on something I have to pay for forever.

I used Quick Books prior. It has an option you can make daily/weekly/whenever/ updates back to quick books. I keep an updated quick books file (which I never use) just in case something happened with their servers etc… I’m sure it works with others similiar to quick books, you’d have to ask Steve. If I ever decide to discontinue using Customer Factor, it would be as easy as making one last transfer to my quick books file and cancelling. The update/transfer is one click…

You really should look at the Customer Factor. It’s perfect and Steve could not provide better more complete service as you learn the easy to use system. Must try!

We have been using Service Sidekick for a for about a year and have been super pleased! It also works well with our quickbooks.

Check out bento.

Used George Since 2004. It ls about 85.00 but don’t let the small amount fool you. For small co. it is good. With all software it has a few shortcomings, but I must say that the Support is very good. And they are very open to user feedback and will implement improvements and changes from customer feedback. There has been several things over the years that I have suggested they change / modify and they did.
Check it out. Also there is a good forum and user group for George on Yahoo.