Minivan / van people

I ditched the Exploder (I’ll miss Bessie) today and picked up a Windstar.

Im totally at a loss as to what to do with the space, specifically where to put WFPs and how to organize it. In the Explorer I basically anchored everything to the back of the bench seats and used a stepstool as the “glue” to keep it all together. Now I have a whole bunch of empty space with nowhere to anchor anything without drilling holes all over the place.

Any suggestions? Pics? Thanks in advance!

I kept the middle seat and built a little table for the back. Basically used my little giant as my template: wide enough and tall enough to slide it under. Then top to was where my buckets and towels went.

You should have enough room beside the table to slide a set of stack ladders.

I put the long poles on the drivers side floor board. Wfp should also fit.

Middle seat was for a third helper or the wfp unit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Best advice I can give you Chris…Buy more stuff from WCR and fill the empty space. :smiley:

Might want to try something like this for storage.

All that wood, that’s allot of weight

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

[MENTION=3209]SqueegeeNinjaNJ[/MENTION], let’s see some interior pics from different angles. Do you have grab handles all around?

get a pickup truck with a locking shell on the back

I won’t be going back to a truck… This thing is packed!

Jeremiah, Advantage Window Cleaning
Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

[MENTION=3209]SqueegeeNinjaNJ[/MENTION]

Hotwinwash seems to have a really good setup for minivans. Looks like he just bolted in custom shelves.

http://windowcleaner.com/vBulletin/wc-equipment-vehicle-setups/19851-wcr-member-vehicles-setups.html

That seems to be the best idea so far

If you can access both sides of a van that would be awesome but not if you can only access one.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

You could still pull everything else out through the back. Even with windows, you could stock an average minivan to the max and have everything organized with the proper shelves. I made a shelf rack with milk crates. You don’t have to spend $5 K on fancy custom metal van shelves from adrian steel or american van.

This is the question that you should be asking first. Is this mini van only for work or will you ever want to use it to carry other things, like people?

Me personally, I am going to buy one and use it for both. I will take the rear most seat out and build a shelving unit that fits back there. That way I can get all my tools in and still have a middle seat for family, groceries, that sort of thing. Easy enough to mount the WFP’s either inside or on the roof rack in enclosed pipe carriers. If I need to I can remove the shelving unit and put the seat back. You might even get a pressure washer in there by the back door, if you put the shelving unit up against the back of the middle seat.
If none of this makes any sense to you, please disregard my babbling. I am envisioning it as I type.

You have any pics Jesse? I’d love to see it the milk crate rack - I love those things lol!

[MENTION=20262]Bunkerboot83[/MENTION]

coming soon. The inside of my van will not remain a mystery.

Seriously though, there is a nice collection of vehicle organization pics on WCR. It’s MAN PINTEREST.

Hahahaha, gonna show that one to my wife :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking forward to the pics!

inside of my Astro with milk crate shelf.

I just used existing holes for the most part and zip tying the crates to the van wall. Plenty of room left for my 16’ ladder, 22’ combination ladder, 4’ ladder, and stepstool to fit in there without bumbing into anything.

Is that a custom made bucket ? Looks deep

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

[MENTION=26504]GenaroGuzman[/MENTION]

No that’s just two buckets stacked together. Though, I did drill a hole in it so I could put a strap through - sling it over my shoulders messenger bag style when I am climbing up the ladder for gutter cleaning. Hands free, baby!

+∞. What’s your plan, @SqueegeeNinjaNJ? And some interior pics would be very helpful (at least tell us what model year it is, so we can look up some pics for ourselves). There are many ways of securing things without making (new) holes.