New waterfed video series

Hello everyone-

I’m going to be filming a new video series for WCR. The series will teach pure water window cleaning techniques on both residential and commercial windows.

I’ve already got several topics and techniques in mind for the series.

Please share your ideas, questions, and comments about what you’d like to see in the series.

Also, you can check out my blog at Mile High Window Cleaning Supply. I’ve already posted there an explanation of basic technique for pure water window cleaning on commercial windows.

Im happy about this John. I think most people would be interested in seeing techniques on a couple of different types of windows, and in different situations… What Monofilament is best for, what boars hair is best for, fan jets, pencil jets etc…

Most people when they get there first pure water set up get frustrated with it, and think they wasted money. It usually takes them a couple of weeks to dial it in. Hopefully this will speed up the [URL=“http://shopwindowcleaner.com/water-fed-poles-systems.html”]water fed pole learning curve.

Looking forward to it John.

Break a leg, Big John, but have fun!
vic

Bump.

We want your input everybody! Got questions? Reply to this thread with your question and we’ll work it into the video series.

I haven’t begun filming for this series yet, but here’s a couple videos of me using wfp. Cleaning a 5 story tower (sorry for the cheesy music): YouTube - Metropolis Window Cleaning, cleaning a 5 story tower ; and, here are some windows with an unusual access problem that only wfp can solve: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHfu8l2Copw]YouTube - Cleaning windows at the rec center (2)

yay :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I have my wfp setup ready - First time using it will be this year. I’ve watched several videos and a lot of overkill going into cleaning the windows time wise. I understand this for training purposes but I’m hoping to get a view of the pole in action at it’s potential max speed - producing good results of course!!

Thanks for doing this John :slight_smile: It’s going to be of great help for newbies like myself.

Which of the two is more important, the pole/brush or the purifier unit?

Is it better to have a decent pole, with a really good purification system?
Or should you focus more on getting the best pole and scrimp on the system?

Meaning, if you had $10 set aside in the budget (unrealistic, I know but…) which of the two should $6 go to, and which $4?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

How to properly extend a 50’+ pole?

My pleasure, bud.

Not sure about the “max speed part” though. I’m 40 and fat. I guess I’ll be showing max speed for fat 40 year olds. :smiley:

Here is a partial topics list. Filming starts tomorrow!

• Residential – • General technique;
• technique for windows with oxidized vinyl frames;
• “top down" order of doing windows;
• doing true divided lites;
• upselling deep screen cleaning & showing my screen cleaning method (since we have to go in the house to remove screens first)

• Commercial – • General technique;
• windows with deep ledges;
• technique for “curtain” of windows;
• Overall – • Brush types and sizes;
• jet types; the difference between pencil and fan jets and why you need to use either
• pumps;
• spare parts and tools to have on hand;
• when to change filters and how to change filters
• flushing out system

We’re open to suggestions. Filming will wrap in a couple weeks, so respond soon!

That’s a good one. I have a 56 foot Facelift. I’ll gladly show how to extend it.

This really depends on what type of work you want to do (mostly commercial or mostly residential), how high you want to go, and what the TDS (mineral content in the water, stands for Total Dissolved Solids) is in your area.

If you’re a guy who wants to wfp homes up to 3 stories and your local TDS is 350…then I’d say start with a cheaper pole and invest bigger bucks in an RO/DI system. If, on the other hand, you’re a guy who wants to do 4 story office buildings and your local TDS is 60, then I’d say put the moolah on the pole and start out buying or even renting a DI tank.

For anyone who has these kind of questions, you first need to find out what the TDS is in your area.

How about good posture, lessening fatigue?..

Done filming. Doing final editing. Gonna release first episode in a few days!

I would love to learn how NOT to step in dog schit as I am looking up at the brush while WFPing.

Johns series is tight. It will be released for sure by weeks end…

Get ready to learn!

Art im not sure the series can help you with that.

Then I may have to strap tennis rackets to the bottoms of my shoes.

Sweet! Looking forward to it.

Nice video. I do have a question though. In the first video I see that you go all the way to the bottom of the window and back to the top. Doesnt that bring all the dirty water to the top of the window again? In that situaton I will clean the top half of the window then the bottom half and then rinse. That way I dont keep bringing dirty water to the top of the window. Am I over thinking this? Thanks.

Thanks for answering… sorry I missed it before.

Do you ever use the pole to get the top floor, from the roof of a building?
Meaning, use a 30 footer to get to the 5th floor…