One all around towel

@Steve076 I’m not sure why everyone thinks you gotta spin and twirl to be quick. Totally not true. Also why you gotta be mean? I’d love to learn some of your ‘advanced’ tricks but what’s more advanced or efficient about using 3 types of towels?

Washing windows isnt rocket science. Lotta ways to skin a cat, no need to be a jerk about it buddy!

Thanks for just picking fun and being mean though. Next time try something constructive I can learn from. Don’t be the reason the internet sucks please.

Matthew - I don’t doubt your results. Not at all. I just don’t quite see how to do it. Like I said, sometimes you open a window and wipe a track out and the towel is full of dirt, black with grease and nasty. Instead of trying to clean the towel, I just find it easier to throw it in the bucket and get another.

With the cheaper cotton I can have enough towels to do that.

Let’s see some tips or a vid! Throw some knowledge at me, it’s why I’m here. To get better.

1 Like

Come on now…you practically begged us to mock you. We’re just having a little fun. You didn’t just offer your opinion on what cloths you use, you took the opportunity to throw a little shade our way. Surely you anticipated, even hoped for, a response. We merely obliged.

I have to agree with @DVWW, @Matthew. How Do you clean with only 1-2 slop towels? Do you just use a sill brush and not wipe the sill? Do you rinse it out a lot? (A time killer I have found). When a house hasn’t been cleaned in 10+ years the sills are caked in junk so I don’t see 1-2 towels taking care of it. If you and @Steve076 have a secret let us know! That said, I can see a maintenance clean getting away with that depending on frequency and other factors.

You’re right. Guilty.

Cheers.

I haven’t logged on here in quite some time. Nice to see my presence is still being felt.:joy:

Only kidding.

As an update I started rolling with a sponge which I used to do but got away from it. I’ve been liking it. It’s more for inside than outside although I do use it outside as well.

I use the large yellow grout sponges and cut them up into thirds which is the perfect size for wringing out in one hand to get a good dry and clean wipe. They are super cheap sponges which is always a bonus and the last a long time.

I do carry a huck towel, the larger thicker ones and yes I rarely detail so I generally use one towel all day and sometimes even mutiples days. Not sure I will ever get away from the hucks. You really can’t beat them for detail towels.

any particular sponge? I image it’s not the gall apart in a day back of the store ones I used to clean screens with…

Check video in tracks and screens recent topic, lol @ being mean, I just said I can’t imagine you being as efficient with your straight pulls and a belt full if rags.
3 types of towels I believe is better, although I learned how to clean without them at all.
Why don’t you try before you discredit, as I spent years straight pulling before I started for a REAL window cleaning company who had staff that were 2nd and 3rd generation commercial window cleaners.

Well a 10 year clean is not the average house for me. Definitely more towels on that.

Thanks @Steve076! I had looked into a vacuum before and couldn’t see how it could be that much better, but I think I get it with your video. I will have to pick one up and give it a whirl.

@Matthew window cleaning around here in SC isn’t as big of a thing as where it is from where I come from in Fl, so when I pick up a resi customer their windows usually haven’t been cleaned in years. Still, I think a vacuum may really help in that situation.

I use t shirts cut up.I go to a bag sale at a thrift store and I can pick out a lot of high quality cotton shirts 100% Cotton.They detail awsome.A whole big garbage bag for $10 how can you beat that$25 for a 10lb box of painters rags at lowes.same stuff.So as far as what method is quicker.Straight pulling with a 24 or 30 is really fast but you have detailing.The twirling as some might say not much detailing it could go either way depending on the window.

I agree with you about pulls. I do actually do some twirling, but I keep it simple. That’s where many towels comes in, slop towel on Shoulder, clean dry on belt, swap them as the become too wet. That’s why I’ll carry several, then I can just swap them out, for me this keeps the detailing really quick and easy.

Lot of ways to skin a cat.

I’m also inspired to keep more micro fiber on me specifically for track cleaning. I think they will smoosh into the narrow tracks better.

I have to say like I said straight pulling is really fast.I have tested both and there is some more detailing with straight pulling,but you can make the time up with speed!I almost always straight pull.You can do a huge window faster than hell.With fanning or twirling you have to split the window up by pulling then remove squeegee from pole and begin squeegeeing again.A big pain in the****.

I have a system that beats most-
Shit towel- the dirt towel that wipes sills, tracks, and screen frames. Gets dirty fast so i keep 3 on me, so I don’t have to go back to my truck all the time. I let them dry in the sun and re use. They are typically kitchen towels since they are large and can handle more water intake.
Number 1 towel- Use for sides of glass after squeegeeing, stays semi clean.
Number 2 towel- Surgical towel used to wipe sides/corners of glass after number 1. Use as a buff towel (typically don’t buff cause it leaves fuzz, just scrub hard with a pad and you won’t need to). Stay clean the whole project.

Keep a bunch of towels on your belt, don’t walk back and forth and waste time, you lazy ass :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For me the issue was not the issue. Thats easy. The post is about trying ro find a towel the is good for both a slop towel (it will pick up alot without getting quickely saturated) and a detail towel (it won’t leave lint and wont easily transfer water onto the glass.

This doesn’t mean that I would use one towel for both jobs but one seperate towel of the same type for each job. So two towels that are the same.

The bennefit is simply beinf able to through then all in the wash at the same time and just throw them in a container in the truck. This way you can easily see when they start to get low and when you need a towel you just grab one not worrying about what type of towel it is as they are al the same.

It just makes things simpler. I like simple. I am constantly rethinking my approach to make it simpler. So basically I complocate things by trying ro make them simpler :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

It’s my obsessive conpulsive disorder lol.

I got you, that makes complete sense actually. Now you have me thinking about trying to simplify it with one all around towel, God damn you! ;p

1 Like

Wondering why so many posts of yours have foul language in it? Not sure if it’s a community standard or not, but most of the posters here seem to refrain from it. Just an observation. If we could message here, I would have mentioned it privately - not trying to embarrass or be a jerk.

Use reclaimed surgical towels. They are perfect for everything, and leave no residue.

Unless it’s against T.O.S. or the rules, which it may be (not sure), then I’ll do and say as I please. You’ll be alright. Or, you can worry about it some more. I couldn’t care less man.