One all around towel

I love surgical towels for detailing but not for slop pick up. They suck for that.

That said I will probably stick with using my sponge for slop and surgical towel for detail. I may try the scrim again as well. I lost the one I had so I haven’t been able to give it another run.

I’m kind of late to this thread but I follow the 2 towel system. Over time the choices have ranged. Cloth diapers and terry towels for maximum water holding, then surgical, chamois, microfiber and such for detailing. I call it the wet towel and dry towel system. I never tried a scrim because of price.

Currently I use cheap terry towels for all the trashy water and wiping to be done and for the detailing heavy duty blue shop towels. I tried paper towels but they were too flimsy. The blue ones leave no lint and suck up any small water drops fantastically.

1 Like

I just bought the 10 scrim pack! I use the two towel, wet/dry, method and I currently use red microfiber and the blue surgical towels. The microfibers seem only good for spots cleaning but not full out detailing and the surgical towels are lent bombs. I’ll likely use the scrim and surgical towels as my dirty water and lower first pass detail towel and the scrim for detailing.

in 2013 i bought few dozen huck towels for detailing and wore them and several chamois out. in 2014 i bought 3 scrim. gave 1 to a friend, a staff memeber lost one. the last one has beenn my only detail cloth everyday and is still in absolutely perfect condition. it does a great job and because of it’s incredible lasting power (i will leave it to someone when i die) it is the cheapest and most environmentally friendly cloth in the world.
i use yellow costco microfibre for wiping ledges and tracks, they clean FAR BETTER than cotton.

I like natural sponges…
(oddly enough, I didnt used to)

When I was getting into business (a short 5 months ago) a very experienced window cleaner told me to use huck towels to detail, a sea sponge to wipe sills and tracks, and an Ettore squeegee. I’m not sure if it the best stuff but that is what I use.

@Ron1 Nothing wrong with that Ron but 1 scrim will outlast hundreds of huck towels and do a better job.
Sea sponge will mop up the water but a cheap costco yellow microfibre will mop up and do a better job cleaning the sill.

1 Like

I will try them. Thank you.