Poll: what percent of window cleaners charge extra for tracks

At the end of the day doing more isn’t gonna piss people off is it, where as doing the minimal may piss people off who were expecting more. Who will get more people talking about their service in a positive way.
Even if customers tell you they don’t want their screens cleaned inform them whats gonna happen when it rains with nice clean windows and dirty screens, dirty windows.
I inform the customer what my quote includes if they do not want the tracks done so be it my price will remain the same, to this date i have NEVER had a single customer ask me not to do their tracks.
With that being said “tracks” here may be different to “tracks” where you are.

4 Likes

I think a lot of this may be regional. We have separate pricing. In South Texas windows are almost never opened so most customers don’t care at all if the tracks are clean. Also, if track cleaning is built into my per pane price and I bid a house that is 50% single hung I’d be ripping them off…

Never understood why anyone would charge more for screens, tracks, etc. Every component of the window should be cleaned if you want to be ahead of the competition. It would be like taking your car in for a detail and them telling you they don’t vacuum under the seats unless you pay extra.

4 Likes

SW Florida is too hot for open windows about 9 months out of the year. Not everybody wants the tracks cleaned, so it’s only included on my highest pricing tier as an upsell for those discriminating individuals.

Some people are price shoppers. That’s fine. I can sell them a stripped down service where they understand they won’t get “the works”, just clean glass for a competitive price.

6 Likes

Nice site!

1 Like

Thanks!

My customers tell me -

• “finally, a window cleaner I can depend on to do a good job.”
  • “I won’t use anyone else.”
  • “You do great work, I will definitely refer you to my friends.”

All because I offer an expected service and make sure I deliver and then some. Folks don’t expect window cleaning to be a simple cleaning of windows. Of course I mainly service high end homes and their expectations are quite evident by the home, grounds, and vehicles.

1 Like

The same reason I charge more for hard water stain removal!

i hate to side with tgrove but i do the same thing. i get customers all the time that dont want to pay for tracks. the tell me “i never open the windows so don’t worry about it” any time i get people that dont want to have the screen cleaned. Usually talk them into it or not put the screens back on. side not i hate doing tracks.

1 Like