Poll: what percent of window cleaners charge extra for tracks

I walk away on those that want to put dirty ass screens back on the clean windows,

1 Like

I do packages really as a way to set expectations.

Virtually everyone wants their tracks clean and i typically dont even get into the different packages just quote the standard, which includes the track, and move on, unless they are looking for a lower price or are really particular and want EVERYTHING out. So I usually price the ā€˜premiumā€™ really high.

It gives you some flexibility with price but also keeps people from trying to hassle you because they are OCD. Iā€™ll accommodate the OCD but you will have to pay for it.

2 Likes

the thing i suspect is that those that charge extra for tracks probably have a lower ā€œjust the glassā€ price and when you tack on the tracts their price is similar to the ā€œeverything is includedā€ price.

i.e. window $10 tracks $2

or everythings included $12 per window

am i right?

2 Likes

If the tracks need a simple dusting and wipe it is actually included. If I have to actually loosen the aged dirt up, vacuum, and lightly scrub to get clean then it is an add on.

3 Likes

premium pkg
Clean all windows inside/out, tracks, screens wipe sills inside and out. $500

Deluxe pkg
Clean all windows inside/out, screens, wipe sills inside and out. Tracks NOT included $435

Basic pkg
Clean windows outside only with screens $350

Not real numbers. I never line item anything just package and price

2 Likes

Remember what we offer is a luxury service. They pay big money to have their windows sparkle so adding to it like cleaning out tracks and screens should be done/included in the price. If you charge 6-8 bucks a window for just the glass work they are getting ripped off.

4 Likes

Youā€™re on point with that

i never move beds, i have long arms and if i canā€™t reach it from both sides iā€™ll pole it

1 Like

so this is basicly what iā€™m getting at though without the formal packages. those that include it are just selling everyone the premium package, those that charge extra have a few options.

1 Like

i like answering facetious questions litterally :wink:

1 Like

Honestly I would have a hard time believing any of my current customers or newbies would want any lesser of a service if it saved them a few bucks not to clean tracks or screens. For my customer demographics it doesnā€™t make sense to try and up sell them on screens and tracks when Iā€™m already charging them $65-$100+ an hour. I guess that is one way to separate myself from the competition.

1 Like

We give the client options. People like options and choices. So we give them different plans to choose from cause some donā€™t care to have tracks cleaned. We give a premium, standard, and basic.

Aaron

1 Like