Portable Pure Water Set-up!

Just got my portable pure water system set-up in my trailer today and will get to try it out tomorrow.
60 gallon poly tank, Shurflo pump and flow controller from WCR, smart marine battery box w/an Interstate deep cycle battery, and my friend fabricated the top using some heavy gauge stainless steel. Everything comes apart easy so I can switch between my truck and trailer. I think have around $500 invested in it.

2 Likes

That looks nice and clean. You’ll love using pure water from a portable tank.

Nice looks slick. Let use know how it works out.

Got to tell you guys I love having the pure water tank set-up after using it for about a month, the Wash-it Pro is starting to sit at home more often. Originally I thought I’d use it just for the job sites with poor water quality and or pressure, but when you can just press a button and have water instantly, why spend time lugging that heavy cart around!? Also the other advantage with the pump and the WCR flow controller is always having a very constant flow rate, never have to keep switching the jets.

1 Like

Do you feel like you could
Run 2 poles off of the flow if you needed to?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

More than likely it would have enough flow, I’m running about 150’ of hose and the controller is only set at 32. With a 60 gallon tank I went through about 35-40 gal in about 3 hrs running full bore.

How are you replenishing your water supply?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

When I get home at the end of the day I just hook it up to my Wash-It and let it fill, takes a little over an hour maybe.

1 Like

I like this idea , also you don’t have to worry about your wash it getting stolen from your truck

What vehicle do you have?

It’s in an enclosed 5 x 8 trailer. I purchased the tank from plasticwatertanks.com they have about any size tank you can imagine. You can obviously buy a tank for less at farm/ranch stores but I wanted a custom fit and a low profile.

Does the battery box have an on off switch?

Does

Thats a cool little set up… Nice work!

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

I have to admit the Wash-iT PRO only has wheels for occasional use … it seems to have confused some people - if it has wheels, it must be moved.

The most efficient way to use any on-demand pure water system is to leave it bolted in your vehicle as if it were a static mobile unit … run the hose from the spigot to the system, and from the system to the farthest corner of the job …

This is not to day that a small tank system is not PERFECT - it is !!!

you are on the right track !

Hey Ryan, what ID hose are you running? 3/16" or 1/4"?

[MENTION=855]KleenGleem[/MENTION]: 3/16, I like all the quick disconnects options and the ease of pulling it through landscaping.

No, doesn’t need one because the flow controller already has one.

I have the same set up. I think my surflo Is 1.8 gpm at 60 psi.
And running 100’ 3/8id with 50’ 5/16id water fed hose
And my controller runs at 65-75. @wagon on me man got some questions for ya!