Pricing wars

But I like that guide I think I’m gonna use it

This is one thing I don’t like about big companies . Low balling jobs just to make payroll or fill an empty spot in the schedule .

1 Like

What part of Idaho you in ?

Idaho Falls, you in Idaho?

Check out this thread it may give you some more insight on pricing…

Nope , you just happen to come across someone who wants the cheapest price , an will have 5 companies come over till she gets it. Your job is deliver the price , An move on.

5 Likes

I charge $12 for in/out plus screens. Half for exterior plus screens. That’s it. If they like it great, if not, oh well. I don’t count number of panes. Doesn’t make sense to me. I charge per window. Doesn’t matter how big or small.

I’ll just leave this here…

7 Likes

Just count each as one. It seems as though pricing comes out the same either way you count them. Unless I just don’t understand the per pane method of pricing.

Let’s say this circled example below is one divided window.
$12 for cleaning both sides, ($6 per side), and we’ll assume that there is a screen on the bottom section to charge for too.
Per pane pricing, since each of the 12 individual panes will need to be
cleaned along with the individual frames and screen.
75¢ each pane plus $2 per screen = $9 per side ($18) + $2 screen = $20 inside and out.
If $1 each pane plus $3 per screen = $12 per side ($24) + $3 screen = $27 inside and out.

Not saying you have to charge like this, you charge what the job is worth for your business plan.

man you guys are cheap. Can some of you come clean windows for me at these prices?

3 Likes

Lol and you said we were cheap…mr $10 for everything :sunglasses:

1 Like

Try a 50/50 split. Give the next 50% of your estimates at a higher price. Try $8.00 per pane or window however you’re bidding now. See what happens.

4 Likes

Thanks man. I’ll do that

Really doesn’t matter how you price it by. You can do it by the pane , by the window you can guess , close your eyes An say 400 in/out for all. After a while of using your way what’s your hourly rate is it not where you want it to be , then raise your way up some. We all have the same amount of hours in a day. Are you hitting your number you need to be profitable.
Yes I could run around a house like a mad man at 80 mph, an increase the amount of work I get done daily , but that’s not how I want my hourly wage to be. I do work faster sometimes , But that is to my advantage.
a lot of times I get a window count , An walk around , An get s look at the difficulty factor. Is ther ladder work insider, lots of curtains that have to be held back, exsseive filth on th windows means the sills could be a mess. Stairwell windows. An so on. Landscape around the house. Ya have to take these things into consideration.
It’s not always that I have one 50 window house ( Samesize , same type) be the same price as the another 50 window house

2 Likes

I was under the impression that price wars were common for storefront guys squabling over 5 bucks.

I can beat anyones price! That guy charges too much. Give me the job and I’ll do it way way better…

Lol

haha

Is this inside and out pricing? Or just for the exterior?

This is in reference to the window graphic with images of the types of windows, and prices for each type of window.

One side only.