Reasonable Expectations for Hog Bristle brush?

I run into a lot of shotgun fungus on windows where I’m at cause old folks loooooove their stinking mulch.

I don’t like to blade it, cause most homes I’m cleaning are less than 10 years old and have tempered glass or just bad glass that is pretty much guaranteed to scratch. Steel/bronze wool only does so much and I find I usually have to take a fingernail to the pane to get the fungus dots off.

I’ve heard that hog bristle can break a lot of crud free so I’m wondering if it will do the job for that fungus. Ideally, I’d like to just use the brush instead of a t-bar on tough exteriors if that’s realistic. Am I on the right track? What kind of performance can I expect from a good bristle brush?

I’ve seen people swear they do ccu with hogs hair.

1 Like

@cactus27

We do not have shotgun fungus here and I certainly would not be able to do CCu with the hogs hairbrush. Other things like the spatter above the kitchen sink which some people blade off will often come off with a good scrub with a nylex or hogs hair brush.

Are you talking about paint splatter, hard water spots, or just soap scum & buildup?

Soap scum and food splatter from doing dishes

1 Like

If you to use a finger nail to it off I don’t think a hogs hair will do it for you.
Wrap steel wool around a t-bar and scrub like a m***erf***er…

2 Likes

Ugh. I’m gonna start charging extra if they want it off.

1 Like

its like a glue so try Denatured Alcohol which might help loosen the
glue affect.You might then used 000 wool which has more grit and still will not hurt the window as much
as blade. Fabric soften in your water with the Alcohol will help too.

1 Like

They are a tad bit heavy but they clean like a m***erf***er which is much better you scrubbing like a m***erf***er…

1 Like

blade it and use magic eraser

+1 on magic eraser

I just ordered a 12" brush from WCR.

1 Like

No need to press really hard into the glass they work better if you don’t. You can also use less soap because they create extra bubbles.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m hoping that even if it doesn’t remove all the fungus I will still be able to work faster on neglected exteriors than with a t-bar and bronze wool every pane.

Works best if you push hard enough to get a nice SLAY. Bristles fanning out in ALL directs. Don’t try to clean with one side of the brush. The tips off bristles do the work and for some reason a natural fiber works better than something man made, synthetic.

Ah I gotcha. Just like when I lather with my boar bristle shave brush.

2 Likes

I shave with a brush as well. :sunglasses:
You’re going to love your boars hair brush. There may be some breaking in time on a new brush. I can’t remember for sure.

2 Likes

Some brushes are sold without a hole in them for a pole. I have always gotten the ones with a hole.

1 Like

Yeah I bought the solid block. I figured at this point, if a window is so bad it needs the brush, then I’d rather be nose to glass anyway.

2 Likes