Rinse Over or Rinse Within. Fan or Pencil Jet? Rinse on or off the glass? Fixed brush or swivel?

Now there are several alternative suppliers of rinse bar and swivel from Tucker, Gardiner, Wagtail Wave and DIY options - Can we restart the debate on this? Who uses what? Who plans to change? Who is looking for a robust rinse over the brush solution? Who prefers to rinse with the brush on the glass? What advantages and disadvantages do you see between rinse bars, pencil jets and fan jets? Why change from fixed brush to swivel?

i haven’t got my rinse bar yet but i’m excited to easily swith back and forth between jets and rinse bar since the rinse bar is better for hydrophobic.

I think the swivel is always awesome

3 Likes

Rinse bar rules…Been using wfp since '99 and the rinse bar is really a game changer.
Second to that is the swivel, for 2 reasons…1st is that with a rinse bar you want the brush to be at an angle across the top edge of the glass, 2nd is that it really helps when you can’t get the ideal positioning because of trees, or overhangs, or slope of ground…

1 Like

Are you looking for Constructive Criticism pro and cons etc ??:thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::neutral_face:

If I really had to I could live without the rinse bar. BUT… pivoting brush is an essential. A fixed head feels ‘wrong’…

1 Like

Yes for sure. After all the marketing of the other system, it seems there are now options. Has the industry lost confidence after the hype and disappointment?

Anything is only as good as its weakest point.
So the more you add to a product be it squeegee ,WFP brush in particular moving parts add on parts.
You get more problems then you fix.

Has the industry lost confidence after the hype and disappointment?
How do mean???

According to the forums, some products are no longer sold through dealers due to not performing as expected. Do the users expect to field test and modify new tools after purchase as a matter of course or are they confident new products are now ready for market? In other trades, generally professional tools are ready to use before being sold. Drills, screwdrivers, saws etc.

1 Like

So how do they sell some products now!!??

Luke describes the Tucker swivel as a prototype in the latest youtube video.

Correction-video released 10th January 2018 is a review of the prototype. Luke says final product out ‘next week’ (this week)

Yeah, its all personal preference. I personally like the inside rinse, something like the Tucker duel (fan, jet) but some really like the rinse bar. I feel that there is more control inside the brush. But just my opinion.

The Tucker Alpha has both a rinse bar and swivel gooseneck. Tucker Black Dual Trim Brush - Hybrid – WindowCleaner.com

1 Like

Good new video from SteveO

1 Like

Based on the latest WCR video review, with the Tucker Alpha rinse bar a separate pump may be needed above second floor even if you are currently using mains pressure only in your RO system to feed pencil jets. I have not tried the Tucker Alpha but WCR make this comment. I do know when using a fan jet and pencil jets together as a four-way feed, flow rate is significantly reduced so it makes sense the same would apply to a multi-jet rinse bar.

Here’s another review:- Side by side of Tucker alpha & the constructor brush - YouTube

1 Like

I just got the over the top rinse bar and I’m a little disappointed. While it rinses the actual window better than dual pencil jets, I’m not getting the pressure to be able to rinse the top frame/ under the ledge that’s on many residential windows. The pencil jets you can clean under those ledges no problem. I think I’m going to return the rinse bar.

1 Like

Do you mean the Tucker?

Are you using a pump?

Maybe I don’t know what I don’t know, but I bought my first WFP this year. It Came with the basic tucker brush with 2 pencil jets which I didn’t feel would be enough so I added fan jets as well. The over the top rinse just made/makes so much sense to me that I ordered a constructor brush also. From all the videos I’ve watched and having a pretty good idea of the procedure, I did my own house. It seemed awkward to get the right angle which means pretty much standing directly in line with the window, then lifting the brush head off the glass to get a good rinse was a pain especially on larger windows, then to get a good rinse on hydrophobic glass, forget about it! Few days later my constructor brush arrived. Wow, what a difference! The swivel is a must have in my opinion, it seems way more natural as it mimics the process of fanning glass and the way my body wants to move. You don’t have to be directly in front of the glass allowing you to work around obstacles. The over the top rinse to me is a must have as well, never a problem getting great rinse coverage and the fact of not having to move the brush off the glass saves a lot of energy and time in my opinion. I love the reverse goose neck on the tucker with the cooper pad for the extra scrubbing power so I thot I’d order a rinse bar, but then it hit me…no swivel no like, I just cannot go back to a fixed brush after using a swivel, it would be like going back to straight pulling a window once you’ve learned to fan.
As for water pressure, I am only running DI since all the water around here is below 100 and have never had a problem in my limited experience with enough pressure. In fact, I have a ball valve on my DI tank and always close it down to lessen the flow. Now I just need to believe. Believe that the windows I wash with a WFP will be just a clean as when I wash them traditionally. I know using the reverse goose neck scrub pad would help with that, however I haven’t figured out yet if I can make it work with the Constructor brush swivel since the connecting cog is smaller. Of course I could order the tucker swivel and rinse bar and may do that in the future, right now I’m just not willing to spend another $80 while still learning and utilizing my WFP on a limited basis.

1 Like

… Here’s your swivel for the Tucker brush
https://shopwindowcleaningresource.com/tucker-swivel-gooseneck.html