Safety reminder. Had a bit of a fall yesterday

So yesterday I was going to do a gutter/soffit/aluminum wash when I spotted a birds nest sitting on a gutter elbow. I went up the ladder to see if it was abandoned but discovered a baby bird inside. Very quickly, mama bird discovered me from a nearby tree and began to dive bomb me. i came down that ladder pretty quick but skipped the second to last rung. My foot aches a little when I walk but nothing is broken. This is just a reminder about how dangerous our job can be and that there are hazards lurking around every corner.

wow, glad your ok Mark.

glad to hear your ok too, and thank you for all the great vids

Mama says “you ain’t touchin my baby!” lol

Now that would have been Mark’s “Video of All Time”

Glad your O.K.!

Close call. Glad you are ok. I stepped off my 3 ft step ladder the other day and forgot what step I was on. Missed the last one and fell back on my butt. Embarrassed but unhurt, I realized I need to look down as I step off. Fortunately no witnesses that I knew of.

I have posted it on y0utub3. hehehe!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Since I’m a solo operator I should have had the client stand guard with a broom or something. I knew the possibilty was there that mama could be close by.

It was a robin, they can be quite fierce!

Hey Mark I’m happy to hear your OK!! [B]I would really miss those in van videos!!![/B]
[B][I]
On a serious note we all need to be thinking SAFETY every minute of ever job!!![/I][/B]
[B][I][U]
All it takes is one miss step…[/U][/I][/B]

Glad to hear you’re ok, Mark! A few years ago I did something similar- I was on my multiladder, using it as a step ladder, and I had it parallel with the house, so I could have on foot on either side. Somehow I forgot which way the ladder was facing when I went to get down, and I stepped [B]back [/B]instead of to the side. I was about 4 feet up, and amazingly didn’t suffer any real injuries. Did crush my BOAB, as well as my pride…

Its a scary reminder that we always need to be [I]in the moment. [/I]We have a job that can get very repetitive, and it’s easy to start daydreaming.
Stay focused, stay safe!

PS- I’m not trying to insinuate that Mark was daydreaming when he fell :wink:

Yikes.

Glad you’re okay.

Ouch.

That last couple of rungs can be killers, stay safe.

A very good piece of advice. I’m a natural daydreamer at heart and I’m constantly reminding myself to get/stay in the moment.

Hey Mark,

Glad to hear you’re okay.

Little incidents like that are amplified when you get to be our age! Glad it wasn’t serious.

Anything can happen to anyone, anytime, any place, in so many different ways…Always think things through and check, double check, triple check, then check it all again , [B][I][U][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000]SAFETY ALWAYS FIRST ! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/I][/B]

You definitely had an angel watching over you my friend, just like that fella in Winnepeg ! You know if you hit your head you may of went veggie or broke your neck we don’t need to fall to far to die like that fella we read about on Robinson’s Solutions, where his second rung broke and he fell and died !

Good hearing you missed being hurt Mark !

DangerousDange-Ski2u

likely you wont make that mistake again,now its in your mind. that reminds me,anybody recently heard from that guy bubbakowski?

Glad you are ok. I have done the same and been grateful for no real injury. I remind myself to keep calm every time I pop up my head or reach up to see a hornets nest moving with life a foot away! I repeat to myself, ‘now keep calm don’t freak out and kill yourself!’ Our work is dangerous. I’m glad you weren’t higher up.

Hey Mark, sorry to hear about the fall. Glad you are ok.

Yesterday I was not so lucky, I fell off the top of a 20 footer onto a teak deck, smashed my head pretty good and fractured L1 vertebrae. Not fun . Doc says I’ll be ok in about 6 weeks maybe.