I’ve never had any technical issues with Jobber, the iPhone app is great and allows me to set everything up I need on the go.

I’m also curious as to what issues you had with Jobber not functioning properly or as effectively? Maybe I’ve overlooked them because I really enjoy every other aspect of the software.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

it wasn’ that jobber was broken, per se. it’s more that it was missing features that i really wanted. like no ability to build crews. each individual employee would have to be assigned to each job. also, no visible daily sales totals (one feature i really like about TCF)- there’s no way to see how much revenue you have scheduled for each day or each week at a glance. this sucks because working off daily sales goals is critical to service business. also no offline mode, even though lots of people were asking for it in the support forum. you literally can’t use the app on a wifi ipad without wifi.

i can see jobber being a great tool for a solo operator, or a pretty simple small biz with maybe one crew, but i had way too many things to organize that it didn’t handle well when i was using it.

i know HCP doesn’t have these features either, but i feel more confident that they will be implemented soon than i ever did with jobber. i used it for six months last season and can’t remember a single meaningful update the whole time i used it. maybe it’s come along since i cancelled back in january, i dont know.

I’m a Jobber user since December, and there are definitely some things that I would like to see changed or fixed that I find annoying, and some that I find crucial. Development also seems very slow, and I’m still waiting for a meaningful update with things I have been sending their way since I started up with them, and again I find them to be a pretty big deal.

I have also signed up for HCP, and as of right now it is far too thin for me to jump ship. I mean, very thin. Jobbers [B]core[/B] development is far past HCP currently, and these core features are what take the longest to develop as well. Yes HCP seems to be rolling things out quickly, but those things typically do slow down quite quickly. Hopefully they don’t, and this is far from bashing so please don’t read into it as that. I’m just talking from both sides here.

Honestly, I wish the things that really turned me on to HCP were thrown into Jobber and I would be set. But, as I’m sure we all know, there are huge pros and cons to every single software… and it’s quite annoying. I’m too busy busting my ass in the field, I just want to pay someone (Jobber, HCP, whoeverthehellcan) to do the core things that I find to be obvious.

Anyways, I’m sticking with Jobber for now.

^this is exactly how i feel. i wish all these softwares would just merge and create the “perfect crm”…

When it comes to things we want we all sound exactly like our annoying customers

[MENTION=7230]c_wininger[/MENTION]

Honestly, give us several more months and we will be the perfect field service/CRM solution. We are just really young but moving at lightning speed. Just a matter of time until we take the lead. Guaranteed.

I am starting to study the differences between HouseCall Pro and the CustomerFactor. Would my customer data base transfer over from CF if I switched to HouseCall Pro ? I still don’t know why I would do that, but that is my first question.

[MENTION=1335]christopher t[/MENTION]

We can import your customer database from CustomerFactor into our HouseCall Pro server. All you have to do is export your users and submit them to us. We will format and process your customers for free so you can start within 2 business days of submitting your database.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Finally signed up. Surprised that only 13 people have taken advantage of this offer: 65cents/postcard, [I]for life[/I]!

This is the last day, guys!!

[MENTION=3471]Alex Lacey[/MENTION]

We will be extending our offer for WCR for another month. Then the prices will increase!

Yea this feature is hard to pass up IMO and especially so that its locked in!

Is the price that I initially signed up for with HCP also locked in?

[MENTION=4520]optimumaintenance[/MENTION]

Give us a call and we will retro-add your WCR discount!

I’m going back to this, because it has been your (housecall) best selling point to date.

The whole post in general, but most important… the bolded.

i already have the rate but wondered if my rate as a customer is locked

“Here’s you invoice, Mr Customer…”
“No, don’t make the check out to Housecall.”
“Yes, I understand that it’s the largest font on the page.”
“Yes, I understand how it looks.”
“No, they aren’t our parent company.”
"They are supposed to be our CRM…

:confused:Seriously?
You gotta lose this shameless plug/active link for your company.

@JfromtheD[/U], I’m not terribly crazy about that, myself. Hopefully, the customers will see that it’s just the software we’re using. Also, I think this is going to be one of the drawbacks of using a system that is simultaneously targeting both the business and consumer end of things. And from what I’ve read, when the customer clicks on that link to sign up, they’re supposed to get defaulted to only see our business under our categories in the app… So I’ve been told… @[U][URL=“http://windowcleaner.com/vBulletin/member.php?u=38534”]rolandal?

I did do a test transaction with the credit card processing. $1 only cost a cent in fees. That means their system is actually rounding down to the nearest(err, not quite the right word) penny, instead of up. That’s kind of cool. Nice that I only spent a penny on that test :slight_smile:

But I’m not crazy about their system of capturing cards. The photo capture is only for the card number. I still have to input card holder name, expiration, cvv, and zip manually. The cvv and zip would have to be manual anyway, but some people can have tricky names. There’s no reason not to enable automatic capture of the name and expiration, as far as I can tell. This is not easier than digging out my dongle and plugging it in (like I was promised). Hopefully that’ll be updated. But I would still like to see a dongle solution, too. There’s no input required with a dongle, apart from the customer’s signature.

I’m not crazy about airing all of my gripes with the program here, but it seems like it might be the fastest way to get these issues addressed. Especially if other people comment on them, there might be a little more weight to them. I play dirty, I know, lol.

And at the same time, I do intend on reporting the positives I encounter with the system, as well. So I’m not trying to just scare people off from using it. I genuinely think it’s worth giving this program a shot.

Why don’t you show the entire invoice? Rather than the bottom, with the greyed out logo.

I’ll give you an example and why don’t you tell me if your customers are still having issues.

By the way if you want to turn it off, you can switch it off the logo (just contact your account manager to learn how to, or turn it off yourself).

Here is the pic: Screen Shot 2015-05-02 at 6.42.03 PM.png

or

Also here is the PDF if you want to download it to see and print out.

invoice20150503-1780-sptame.pdf

Responsibid and proposal do the same thing.

House call making me money

[MENTION=3471]Alex Lacey[/MENTION] You’re right about the link.

Also, you have to manually add in the expiration and CVV to combat fraud.

The name auto populates so you don’t have to type it.