Stack ladder success

I finally had the courage…

It woulda SUCKED trying to get an extension ladder in there and the LG woulda been unwieldy, not to mention either woulda been difficult to set. Stack ladders were easy to get in, a cinch to set and a pleasure to work on. Didnt even have to move a single piece of furniture.

My goal for this summer is to start getting comfortable with this ladder. I figured i could start small with just three section applications and perhaps graduate to four once it becomes easier. Been hitting the gym regularly too, which helps.

8 Likes

Yes, I love the versatility of my Metallic stacks as well. My only issue (aside from having beat the tops of base and center sections inward to avoid them from getting stuck) is I wish they had a 4 foot section. Hey @Infinity do you have any of those half pieces you made laying around?

5 Likes

You got the top set in “the top half of the window” and “at an angle to the wall” :+1::+1:

2 Likes

My set has a half piece. I don’t know how people can work without it. On the other hand I’ve heard that some guys hate the half piece. So I guess you can get by without it.

Do they still sell eight foot top sections? A lot of guys love the 8 ft top section. That extra 2ft is perfect.

Metallic only sells 6 foot sections. @Infinity made his own half sections with buying yokes and rivets from Metallic and offered to build them for others. Now Metallic no longer sales these parts.

If you get on the phone Monday I KNOW you can find someone who has the parts.

Call WCR first.

2 Likes

Yeah, I posted a howto thread. Don’t have any time to build any at the moment

1 Like

The horror :scream:

1 Like

Which was the good brand again, metallic or alaco?

Alaco was a better ladder. Looks like the end of an era is right around the corner.

5 Likes

Do you think it’s worth hunting for and investing in the alaco if i already have a metallic?

I wonder if we can get Europian pointer ladders shipped to the USA

They really know how to make a great window cleaners ladder

I wish this had four sections.

Oh yeah? Maybe i should pick one up next time i go to Germany. Although, who knows what the baggage fee will be. :astonished:

1 Like
1 Like

Where do you get one of those?.. !!!

1 Like

John Winters shows off some fancy ladder work about one minute into this video using his European pointer ladder. I hear Everybody over in Germany uses pointer ladders. Way better than our ladders.

Maybe Germany or the U.K.

I checked it out ,it would have cost about 1000 to 1200 to get a 28 foot point ladder to the states from ramsay ladder Corp in the uk… was very close to pulling the trigger on that one a couple years ago. I ended up just buying a new set of sectionals.

2 Likes

Twenty eight feet is a big ladder to ship. What about the smaller shorter three piece ladder in the first video I posted?

They told me it would ship by air ,ramsay has them listed in meters it would be less I’m sure if you wanted something smaller . Shipping and import costs will be about as much or a little more than the ladder. I still want one really bad :slight_smile:.

2 Likes