Thinking about getting a tablet

Hey folks, so I’m thinking about getting a tablet in a couple months to better run my business out in the field. I was just wondering what tablets you use? I’m looking at a Samsung Galaxy Note. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone right now…and I know it can do the same things a tablet can do…but I’m worried about the small screen size. I figured a tab would be better so I can show mu customers a estimate or if I want them to sign a document or something.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

If it were me, I would take the money you spend spend on a tablet, and get an iPhone 5 or 5S. They will be better than the Samsung for running your business.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

However…if you’re dead set on getting a tablet and sticking with that Samsung, the only tablet is the iPad. I have tried several different tablets (not just ipad) and the iPad mini is head and shoulders above the rest.

Because that would make perfect sense if you could sync an IPad to a Galaxy. SMH Holy Mole-y.

I have an Asus tablet that Ive been using for almost 2 years. Runs an older Android, but it works perfectly and syncs to my Galaxy 4 and laptops.

iPad or Mini

iPad mini w/ display… You’ll thank us from the moment you turn it on

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

retina display*

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

I’m suggesting that an iPhone would be better than the galaxy. That he should forget the tablet, trash the galaxy, and buy an iPhone.

And you obviously have no sense of taste in mobile devices. Asus tablet. Smh.

Iphone is sooo 2009.

Get with the times, Brindsay Broham

Lol nice try.

I just picked up a couple Galaxy tab 3’s for the crew. They seem to like them so far. Sprint was running a deal for $50/ea

I think I’m going to get the iPad air that has retina right ?

Yea, I have the mini and it’s great for everything… Whether I’m reading a book, magazine, YouTube videos or lurking the internet it’s great for one hand use

I have a 4 month old so having something a little smaller is perfect when I have a hand free and I’m feeding her with the other

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Congrats on the 4 month old. That’s some series multitasking right there.

Chris suggested that I use an iPad or other tablet to take my office to the field as I was training new guys and had to do double duty, office/team leader. I got an iPad and it’s worked out great. I don’t have experience with anything but the iPad. All I know is that the iPad works flawlessly and the screen is awesome. Having a tablet/iPad has helped me expand the business and be more flexible with what I have to do to get things done. Speaking of which, “things” is a must have app if you get an iPad.

Apple does make amazing products

What ever you get, make sure you get a good case to protect it. I throw mine under the seat and use wet fingers frequently. My OtterBox has worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanka for all the feedback. What about just using a smartphone in the field? Does anyone get by with just using that? Or how about just sticking with paper forms and what not? (Even though I am.trying to go paperless)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

I absolutely love my brand new samsung note 8.0 it can fit in my pocket barely but wouldn’t recommend doing that. It has a stylus and you can take notes with a pen stylus which is easier on the wrists then having to use your fingers all the time at least it seems to me. You can link your customer factor to google calendar with 2 way sync which means you can see your scheudle from the field and scheudle appts accordingly also when you update the customer factor it syncs to your google calendar. Google calendar also syncs to many other scheudling softwares. The only reccommendation I would make is to have your phone as a mobile hotspot or get a tablet that has mobile internet I think there arent that many to choose from and you might have to go to a cell phone store to get one. but I just use my phone as a mobile hotspot and voila internet in the field on my tablet my schedule right there linked to my invoicing software and all in once scheduling software THE CUSTOMER FACTOR. Its soo worth it to have a tablet makes you look way more professional. I definitely recommend a stylus and the note is the only one I know of I love samsung and you can go to costco after you purchase your tablet with say a bestbuy or walmart credit card just in case you can’t get approved for amex at costco :frowning: and buy there premium square trade warranty for 30 bucks it covers spills submersion cracked screens lemons drops anything no deductible as long as you buy it from costco and register your product within 30 days of purchase. doesnt matter where you purchase the tablet and its way better then other warranties e.g. best buys warranty was 150 for the same 2years as costcos but geek squad didn’t cover full submersion only accidental spills which they say spills shouldn’t mess you up any way so it was a no brainer to get the costco warranty for 120 dollars less with more coverage.

Holy crap we agree on something :slight_smile:

I like Samsung / Android products for their ease of use, versatility and protection programs.

Geek squad is the bomb! I pay $10 a month, and Ive gotten a LOT of use out of it. Literally went through 2 Galaxy 2’s in one day (dropped the one I just had replaced, doh) and didn’t pay a penny. Apple does not offer this.

Also, in an either best-or-worse case scenario, you can install Android OS on many different devices. I have 2 netbooks that ran on the garbage Windows CE OS. I dropped Android on them and they run great. Versatility is key for me.

EDIT: By the way, the only reason I didnt get the Note 3 was because I couldnt fit it in my pocket lol