Tips: do you get them?

:::Yawwnnnn:::

The matter of the fact is that some people are tippers and some are not . You never know when they first call you . You might get tips and you may not . It just the way the dice rolls .

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

???

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app.

It was a long day. Iā€™m tired tooā€¦

Last year I was closing 2-5 jobs out of 10 calls, I didnā€™t like that at all. And my 1/1 price went from $12 to $10, not missing out on muchā€¦ Iā€™ll take that over having 4-6 residential jobs per month. Average ticket was $275 last year.

This season, I close 5-7 jobs out of 10 calls. My average ticket is around $250 for window cleaning jobs.

none of this is including my additional services, those prices have stayed consistent

This year Iā€™ve also come 95%+ residential and have almost no route work which Iā€™m beyond happy about.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

If you want to close 100% of your calls all you have to do is lower your prices more, right??? What are you waiting for??

I still donā€™t see how $250 is better than $275??
Do you have a fear of making too much money?
Iā€™ve been hearing about some sort of white guilt syndrome, do you have that?
Are your customers so poor they cant afford the extra $25?
Are you selling your service or hourly rate???
Do you ever plan on retiring or just work till you drop dead?

Its obvious to me that you were selling $275 jobs, keep doing that, work on your sales pitch, sell the best burger in town, not the McD dollar meal

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the size of your bank account compared to the amount of time worked. In other words, work less and earn more, not the other way around

Yeah I want to make moneyā€¦ As Much as I can. That said, I am still going to work till I dropā€¦

Fine, lower your prices and you will drop sooner, good luck with thatā€¦

Who ever said I was lowering my prices? Not meā€¦ Either way, I work til I dropā€¦ Rich or not I WORK.

I like doing 5+ $250 jobs a week instead of 4-6 $275 jobs a month.

this is just a window cleaning average, doesnā€™t include add ons for overall job price

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

To JCinNJ any monkey can clean widows so I wouldnā€™t expect him to know anything about the businessā€¦ Go ahead and stick with soft washing. You ainā€™t a window cleaner, thatā€™s for sureā€¦

JC can be abrasive and opinionated, but he does know about running a service business. Probably more than a few of us combined. Doesnā€™t mean he canā€™t be wrong from time to time, though :wink:

He might be wise? But he does rub people the wrong way sometimesā€¦

He says any monkey can clean windowsā€¦ That to me is offensiveā€¦ Thatā€™s just meā€¦

I missed that comment from him. Anyway, I could train one of my catā€™s (the smarter one) to power wash, if only she had opposable thumbs. The point I imagine he was making is that the real skill and wisdom comes in with running the business itself. The work is the easy part. But I should let him explain it himself, if he feels so inclined.

Just do yourself a favor and donā€™t take anything he says personally :smiley:

Yeah itā€™s cool. I donā€™t take anything personally. I do take things literally thoughā€¦

Actually itā€™s quite opposite, I think any monkey can pressure wash a house but it takes a little common sense to clean windows properlyā€¦

Monkeys can do both.

It takes a special person to manage multiple monkeys, stop them from throwing their own feces, keep them in bananas, and still make that zookeeper BANK. $$$.

I would love to own a monkey. I could take him to meetings, he could drive me around and do all of my work :slight_smile:

Zacch Boyes
Zā€™s Window Cleaning
Office: (877) 978-0227
Email: [email protected]

When did I say that?

What I was saying in an earlier post was that some home owners think any monkey can clean windows and thats why they will alway be looking for the lowest price. And that is true for all the services, some homeowners will never respect or see the skill required to provide the service.

IIRC, my point at that time was that you are selling window cleaning, not a high quality service, so many homeowners will only be willing to pay for a monkey to come in and sling a squeegee, they were never sold on the high quality service an experienced window cleaner can provide

And more importantly, if youā€™re offended because you THINK I said that about windows cleaners, then maybe you think of yourself that way

I donā€™t fear the PC police, I say what I say, if you get offended, thats YOUR problem