Tips: do you get them?

anybody pressure washing a house is most likely a monkey because thats not the way to wash a house

Not everybody understands that, both business owners and homeowners. But a good business owner will know the difference and be able to sell their services at higher margins

Gold star for you!!! :cool:

I have to disagree with that last sentence :rolleyes:

Opinions are like a-holes.

I like tips.

Sent from my Panasonic VCR. Please set the clock before responding.

Just the tip?

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Depends on who itā€™s coming fromā€¦

No, I like to eat the whole rib, but tips are always good. And burnt ends.

Eh, everyone always gets in an argument about how much youā€™re charging when youā€™re getting tips, but I look at it like whenever I find a $10 or a $20 bill in a pair of old pants, I still get excited. Even when Iā€™m doing $150 per hr on a super easy house, I get excited when they give me $20 bucks. Itā€™s pavlovian I think.

I think if youā€™re always getting tips, then maybe you are priced too low. On the other hand, if you NEVER get tips, maybe they didnā€™t like you much.

I gave a gift card for outback to my welder and he was all excited about it. Itā€™s not that he needs the money, itā€™s just another way of showing you appreciate someone doing a good job for you.

I usually get a bottle of wine, or cakes and pastries from some of my regular clients around Christmas time!. I consider that a tip, though probably not what you guys are referring to;)

I had a customer who had a large house. Myself and my temp did a great job as usual, and the womanā€™s young daughter (maybe 10 or 11) was learning cooking and gave us a cupcake that she had made. I consider that the best tip!

JC I got a client who tips me $300 every year. And this last time we raised her price from $1600 to $1900.

Tell me I charge to littleā€¦

I think your price is goodā€¦

how big is the place?

how long does it take you to complete and with how many employees?

I just cleaned a place and it took me and one employee 3.5hrs, I charged 2k, the customer and his realtor were overwhelmed with the results and Iā€™m getting referrals from them, tell me I charge too muchā€¦ My tip came in the form of referrals

My example, like yours, is rare but it does happen. Actually this year it has happened more than my previous years in business.

Based on what??? How can you make such a statement with no information about the job itself?

What if the jobs takes more than one day?

What if he has 5 guys working the job?

What if, what ifā€¦ Ahhh grabbing for straws?

The cleaner and the buyer is happy, what more do I need to know?

Ever heard of a sore winner?

Oh waitā€¦ Here comes the, YEAH WELLā€¦

You got multiple tips from one job?!? You charge too little.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

This is turning into one of those threadsā€¦

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Apples to oranges? My house was for window cleaning. Was yours for house washing? If you are getting $300 per man hour for window cleaning then awesome. But simply telling guys that because they are getting tips they must need to charge more is broken logic.

Iā€™m always encouraging guys on here to ā€œcharge moreā€. But it simply isnā€™t as easy as that. Market factors are involved as well as making sure that you are providing something that makes your clients want to pay more.