Towels/Rags storage

I don’t use any of the type of kit like the Unger indoor kit (although I want to since I’ve been coming across many high interior skylights lately)

I also do the same thing inside a house, minus all those rags.
-bucket
-spare drop cloth
-small step ladder
-set of interior only ladder mitts if ladder work is needed
And I keep it all on a drop cloth set up by the front door or wherever I came inside.

Combine this with wearing booties in the house and the homeowners are so appreciative that I care about their home.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Get an unger kit! I love mine!

And lets face it, there are some situations were squeegee is not an option or even a ladder

I think that’s due to you being in a very hot / dry climate. I noticed when it gets really ari, the scrim perfoms poorly. The high quality hucks work the best.

If you notice, the scrim is the preference in the U.K. Have you seen the U.K. window cleaning videos where the WC wets up 15 windows before he squeegees them all. The linen dries out quick enough to handle all that humidity.

I like having a scrim over my left shoulder and a terry towel over my right (a bath towel cut in half and hemed) Scrim goes on the glass and the terry cloth is for drying and buffing thr sill. The terry cloth seems to get the grime off a lot better than the scrim.

You and I are definitely ‘in tune.’
Gold star for your forehead, my man! :slight_smile:

Not a Blue Star?

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource

I use one large scrim per day.
That’s one of the reasons I love them.
I do have “heavy weight” & “lite weight” scrims
The lite weight for winter work… Dry fast to reduce freezing and the heavy weight I use for summer to slow the drying out.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource

Question, when you guys says sponge, is that a dry dense sponge or sea sponge?

Most likely a sea sponge

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

They work well.

I put my towels in the trucks tool box. It works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

You don’t fan on cut ups?

I don’t know if that’s a serious question… But if it is, why would I put the strain on a 12/12 window when I can one swipe them in a fraction of the time with a lot less effort?

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Hahaha! You a funny guy. On a straight pull you can’t extract the water from the edges like you can when you fan, on a double “pass” it would leave a line right down the middle. On a single pass you wouldn’t be able to angle your rubber properly to pull all the water out of the frame. That would mean you would have to touch up every pane. How big are your 2-3 towels? lol

I’m not having a dick measuring contest…
I was saying what works best for me giving the best results, yes I detail my windows in the same way I would any residential job. Dry up my edges and wipe the sills clean. Very rarely do I get streaks because I know how to clean a window properly and efficiently. As for towels I used to use green rags/hucks. But since switching to scrim, I cut them in half then hem the frayed side, I use one scrim a day. That’s for residential and commercial.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

[COLOR=#000080]I’m not having a dick measuring contest…
I was saying what works best for me giving the best results, yes I detail my windows in the same way I would any residential job. Dry up my edges and wipe the sills clean. Very rarely do I get streaks because I know how to clean a window properly and efficiently. [B]As for towels I used to use green rags/hucks[/B]. But since switching to scrim, I cut them in half then hem the frayed side, I use one scrim a day. That’s for residential and commercial.[/COLOR]

Those were the good ones, for sure. Some of the blue reclaimed surgical towels look like afghans - strain some cheese with those babies ! lol

Mike, who are you to dissuade fellow window cleaners from getting carpal tunnel. If someone wants to fan 24 times on a 12 over 12, that’s their human right. Besides, Wagtail just came out with a titanium and/or carbon fiber wrist replacement. Ask your doctor which one is right for you :slight_smile:

Ya my wrist did hurt. Then 8 or 9 years ago I discovered the Unger ergotech…things are amazing! That comment is ridiculous.
I don’t think anybody on the planet cares about how many towels you use. I say use em up and wash more! Different jobs require what they require to create a finished sellable product. I think that making everything right everyday is what would make you a good window cleaner. Cheers!

Amen bro, I have blue, green, and yellow hucks, I have scrim and microfiber. I have a PVA, a DBA, and a AKA. I have bath towels, drop cloths, and cover cloths. Some days I use 1/2 of a scrim, and some days I use 20 assorted towels and rags. Maybe thirty!
I am not having a dick measuring contest. I haven’t seen mine in a while, maybe with a flashlight and a micrometer?
What a wonderful and informative thread!

I just got rid of all my hucks/scrims damn it!

Squeegee is all a real pro needs!

And a speedo!

Super tight speedos and socks