Towels/Rags storage

If you’re only using a huck/rag/scrim for detailing then they should last awhile. The blue hucks are awful when compared to the green rags that I have, and the green rags are nothing compared to my scrims.

The synthetic sponges that come individually packed are the best, cut about an inch off them and they fit in your hand perfect. They also last a couple weeks of good abuse too.

Mike Radzik

Pro Window Cleaning

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

I met a guy from Ettore and he only ever gave his guys one huck per day and the only time they were supposed to use it was for decals.

When I really concentrate, I can get away with one towel per commercial job, but the average house is about 4-5 towels. When I get in a hurry or when it’s freezing out, I go through a bunch of towels.

That sounds like where i used to work, the supervisors never really thought of the importance of rags when they left the warehouse.
They were a luxury for us lol, when you learn the job without a component it makes it harder but once you master it your all the better for it.
These days I would go thru 1-2 frame rags per house,my detailing rag is only ever used for detailing and that last me a few days to a week.

you guys are killing me… for some reason the word ‘rags’ gives me visions of four guys showing up in a beat up van and mad-mobbing the cleint for an hourly wage. can’t stand it.

my towels are out of the dryer, folded and rolled in two’s, kept ‘in hand’ until bucket is filled and ready to start the interior.

am I the only one who packs a ‘bath towel’ to put under my bucket, and a smaller to drape over any beds, furniture, floors? (even in commercial offices to cover paperwork on desks?)

1/2 scrims for resi’s, green hucks for most other.

rant over…

~Jimmy~

I’m with you. I call them towels. Rags are what hobos wear.

And we always being in a moving pad to set our gear on, and a couple drop cloths to cover furniture.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Don’t understand the covering if furniture never ever covered furniture before. let your squeegee drain out before pulling it away from the window , but I guess it makes you look like your more careful to the customer which isn’t a bad thing

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

exactly, commercial office folk like it when they dont have to move their desk work because you have a drape to cover whatever might get a drip here and there… not that I need it ( and I still do ) but, the customer seems to like it in my experience.

and, to keep on topic: I keep my towels in a rubbermaid 3 stack drawer in my truck, rolled in twos, grab and go, always clean.

even mildly moist and dirty go in a laundry ‘milk crate’ after every job.

~Jimmy~

Rag wars!!!

Jimmy ya know what I tell them ? Don’t worry I’m a professional https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYa6FNKSgbk

Just don’t ask then to hold your beer. Office folk don’t like that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

I use a drop cloth under my bucket, I catch all my water with my strip washer on large sliders so there is no mess, and the only time I would cover furniture might be for interior skylights… But I have always been able to simply move furniture out of the drip zone

Mike Radzik

Pro Window Cleaning

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

This is what i used to hate about doing inside of offices the office workers who leave their shit all over the window sills, you enter the office they say “oh i’ll just get out of your way”, but leave all the shit on the ledge, that’s where i reply “oh its ok there is too much shit on the window ledges its inaccessible”, to them to reply “oh you can move it”… to my reply , “nah we don’t move your shit”. I guess looking back now the fact that i was an employee and that the contract stated that we would not move obstacles and each floor had 3-5 days notice of our arrival and if they wanted their windows cleaned to have clear access to the glass.
In other instances we have had removalists come thru before us to shift furniture, filing cabinets,plants and all other types of office furnishings so we could access the glass.

An ya wonder how they can look at you an say. " good day" with a smile in there face . The worse is when you pull up the blinds an a cloud of dust goes up your nose
"Go ahead bro say good day
one more time "

In the van. Perfect for what I need

1 Like

Not hauling around a lot of rags once I went to scrims however, I have 2 white square buckets got for free from a BBQ joint.
One has “wet” on it the other says " dry".
If ya fold your huckster you can fit in quite a lot

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource

Here’s a pick if our typical inside setup. Drop cloth, dirty towel bucket, water bucket, towel bin. Also pictured is the little box we keep our Unger pads and holder in.

Do you bring that into every house that you service?

Yeah, unless it a little job. Most of our jobs, we’re inside for several hours.