Unveiling my new Estimate Sheet

I’ve been wanting to experiment with the three levels of service idea and also have been wanting to make my estimate sheet a bit simpler to use. Here’s what I had:

And here’s the new, as a tri-fold brochure:

Outside:

Inside:

I can’t wait to try it out. What do you guys think?

11 Likes

Why does it say on an estimate sheet “thanks for choosing us to wash your windows”

Better on an invoice?

That’s the old one I’m retiring. Just posted it for comparison style-wise.

Ahhh… I see it now, makes sense

I don’t understand why you need 3 levels of cleaning? Maybe others do it too? never heard of it, we always include frames and sills.

More work to generate 3 different prices per estimate too, maybe just ad a price for additional services like screens $3 per screen?

1 Like

That’s bloody awesome mate.

If that doesn’t leave an impression I don’t know what will!

3 Likes

It’s becoming more popular now. Especially with Responsibid, Quoteflare, and other online bidding options. It’s a way of giving the customers budget friendly options and we make sure we’re getting paid for every level of service.

3 Likes

There’s also some psychology behind it. Studies have found that people tend to buy the middle choice. Having a higher priced tier also makes the middle price seem cheaper as opposed to having only two choices. There’s some interesting threads on the idea. Some like it, some don’t, but i wanted to try it for myself.

Also, i have a hard time not overdoing the level of detail. The third tier for me will be priced to match my OCD level cleaning. If someone picks the middle, i can mentally relax more and do a more “average” job that’s actually cost-effective.

As far as more work calculating, my estimate calculator will spit out all price points with the just one entry. It won’t take any longer.

8 Likes

Yes, our middle tier “deluxe” package is the most popular.

2 Likes

Having a personalized pic of the owner on the brochure is a winner.

7 Likes

Looks awesome. That’s a great way to build value in your service.

7 Likes

I would remove sills from the first package. You cant brush or wipe the entire sill with the customers window closed. It may cause problems. I would go with exterior glass only, and leave it as that. Make it as basic as basic could be

3 Likes

I think this looks awesome. It will be interesting to hear of how many take you up on the “Supreme” deal. I’m guessing most hit the “Premium”.

2 Likes

I really like it, nice job.
One thing you might think about. If you did in/out with screens and frames wiped as your middle package.
The highest tier package could include the tracks etc.
The reason I like this way is because the middle package lets you leave the window closed if you can pull the screens from the outside.
For me opening the window and dealing with tracts is the time killer.
Also it may push your customers to the higher package in more instances.
Just a thought.
Nice brochure though, I may have to steal some of your ideas. I really like it.
Joe

3 Likes

Do you use an app?

Nice brochure. How much to have them printed?

1 Like

Thanks, man. I count using an app called Thing Counter and then the calculations are done with a google spreadsheet I made and use on my phone. There’s some more detail about it here:

I just ordered a small batch of 25 for now off of vistaprint for $15. If I like it and it seems to be received well, I’ll print more, but - being realistic - I doubt I will need more than say 100 this coming season. So it’ll be super cheap.

2 Likes

I’d be interested in a follow-up on this thread @WVWindowWashing.

How’s the brochure working for you? How about the three-tiered pricing offers?

I really like it so far, Darryl. It’s easier to use, simpler, more visually appealing, less intimidating, and more professional-looking than my old sheet.

As far as the three tiers, I much prefer it to my old two tier (in/out, just out) system. It’s helped me align what the customer wants with the work I’m actually performing. For example, I don’t stress anymore about if i should be doing the frames or if maybe they don’t care. If they didn’t pick Supreme, then frames aren’t getting done. I think three levels keeps it simple, which people like. And again, there’s the psychology of the middle tier not seeming as expensive when there’s a higher tier next to it. It’s helped me be more confident in having higher prices than before.

Overall, customers appear to really like it and my sales calls have been more successful than last year.

Alternatively, I would consider a menu system. Price every main item individually and they can pick what they want. I’m considering this simply because i think a lot of people don’t care about tracks, frames, etc. They just want cleaner glass. With a menu i think i could charge even a little more per item because then what people really want still falls in the range of what they are willing to pay. Also, for people that don’t buy because a complete package is too much, they might build their own cheaper package. Something I’m kicking around as a possible test in the future, but not urgent because the three tier system is working well.

I asked a customer recently who has been in sales for three decades what he thinks about my package system vs a menu system. He said stick with the packages. People like options and simplicity. Nice to hear that feedback.

3 Likes

Thanks for the follow up Danial.

I think this is very important…clarifies expectations.

I am very drawn to the concept of three-tiered pricing. Watched an episode of some program about how the brain works…I can’t find it right now or I’d post it here…however, it was about this same exact subject, using movie theater popcorn pricing as the example.

I don’t like a lot of options when it comes to buying things I know little about. I think it’s normal human behavior to get choice paralysis when buying the unknown. I know for a fact, in the past, I have waited to buy something I really wanted just because it seemed more expensive than I thought or that there were too many choices(or not enough choices for the price) and I didn’t want to make an uneducated purchase.

When there are at least three choices I can make a compassion and I can see what I get for my money at each level, allowing for a sense of making an educated purchase.

I like what you have here, would you mind if I borrowed from it?

1 Like

Sure, borrow away! Maybe you’ll learn some cool things i haven’t and you can share.

2 Likes